SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yorke To Celtic, No Brum.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will leave us short upfront

Prefer Short in defence, but you never know what may happen now if we get a couple of injuries.

We surely have something lined up, or there has been yet another fallout

this will leave us short upfront

Prefer Short in defence, but you never know what may happen now if we get a couple of injuries.

We surely have something lined up, or there has been yet another fallout

As said earlier, Sutton would be nice.

Won't believe it until it's signed and confirmed from both sides. We might lose some squad depth, but we're not losing much in terms of quality really. Probably means that Souness will try out one of the young promising strikers in the league cup. Possibly.

agree with den on this matter. if we get sutton then we have coverage at both ends of the park. recently saw sutton play for celtic in toronto in central defence and he looked solid with pace. but is there any going back?

I fell asleep on the train home from Leeds. On waking up, I checked the latest on transfer dealings on the BBCs wap service.

Please, someone, tell me that I did actually wake up and it is true and that the last hour isn't the result of some lovely, lovely dream.

23:38 pm Shearer signs for Blackburn after not being offered manager's job !

Would be nice wouldn't it ?

Brownie! :slap: Wake up Brownie :slap: Come away from the light :slap: Phew thought we'd lost you there mate biggrin.gif

..... if we get sutton then we have coverage at both ends of the park. recently saw sutton play for celtic in toronto.....

Martin O'Neill is one of the most astute managers in the game. There is absolutely no way he would allow Sutton to leave in a sort of swap for Yorke. As someone posted earlier he is trying to strengthen Celtic, not weaken them.

Guest Kamy100

Or maybe Duff is coming back on loan until the end of the season. Heard a rumour about this on Saturday but thought that it was just "codswollop" but hey if Yorke is of the books it frees up wages money to bring back Duff.

Or maybe Duff is coming back on loan until the end of the season. Heard a rumour about this on Saturday but thought that it was just "codswollop" but hey if Yorke is of the books it frees up wages money to bring back Duff.

Yeah and I was told that Elvis is still alive!

Long Live the King!

Soccernet says that they are in talks with a view to talking over the remainder of his contract. Nothing definite yet, but in all likelihood he's off. Our only chance of a replacement is a lower league player or the Matt Jansen story was a reminder that he's coming back.

Ricky, your comment is priceless, taking the joy out of a good moment for many fans.

Thank God he is on his way. His performances against Man Utd and Southampton just proved that he hasn't changed. He is just as lazy and crap as he always has been. This may well give Jansen more of a chance with Yorke moving on and indeed one of the youth players like Jemal Johnson. What still grates me is that Souness allowed Cole to leave, and giving Yorke a second chance, but as most of us knew, it wasn't going to be any different. Coming from a Celtic mad family, I wish he was going somewhere else, like Rangers.

Welcome to:

user posted image

Ricky, your comment is priceless, taking the joy out of a good moment for many fans.

Ricky will have to do a lot better than that wink.giflaugh.gif

Did Portsmouth actually make an official bid? Anyway, Souness has given Yorkieo a second chance and let's be honest he hasn't taken it. Jogging around after his old team mates on Saturday said it all for me.

Hopefully this'll go through and all will be well. I'd sooner see Gallagher and Jansen given the chance - Yorkester was only getting in the way of their progress IMO.

Anyway - one side note for those that care about the SPL - this'll give Rangers a chance to catch Celtic now after the title looked all but won.

Kamy - you've five more minutes and then I'm afraid you'll have to stop being silly and come back to reality.

I would love us to pull out a surprise loan move but it wont happen.

Most clubs are happy if they have 4 strikers for selection and we do.

Dickov, Stead, Gallacher, Jansen. Some of those who were wanting Jansen ahead of Yorke in the pecking order may soon have there wish.

Dont just think of Jansen as invisible as he is firmly part of the squad now.

Edited by John

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.