BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yorke To Celtic, No Brum.

Speeedie (not sure if thats enough e's).. I cant wait for him to go but I just feel a bit miffed that he didnt move on before the start of the season when Portsmouth offered money for him. At least then we could have got a replacement.

Believe me I'll still be chuffed if he does go.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC has changed its wording and now reads.

The 32-year-old former Trinidad & Tobago international, who has had a stormy recent relationship with Rovers manager Graeme Souness, could cost about £500,000 from the English club.

Thats more like it.

Or maybe Duff is coming back on loan until the end of the season.  Heard a rumour about this on Saturday but thought that it was just "codswollop" but hey if Yorke is of the books it frees up wages money to bring back Duff.

kamy, coming from you, (with your uncannily accurate transfer news i might add) my heart skipped a beat when i read it! ohmy.gif

sigh. if only this one's true...

if anything, the smiling sod's departure will mean matty has one less competitor for a shot in the first team. maybe souness' decision was in part due to matty's insistence on staying and rejecting the move to spain?

Edited by vyeo

yes we missed out on 400k !

we also miss out on having to pay him the full whack of his signing on fee as he has not asked for a transfer and the reported 32k a week wages that he allegedy "earns". Now forgive me if I am wong but that would put 400k a little bit in the shade.

As for any potential replacement/loan signing - well Rovers would have to sign a "domestic" player as the euro window has closed.

I am in full agreement that de pedro could play in the hole !

i like jims first post, his second and third were just typical of him.

Kamy, I wet my pants for a wee while when I saw the Duff link with your name on it. If only it were true.

I see more like some sort of swap deal, Yorke out Hartson/Sutton in ! tinykit.gif

£500K for Yorke!

Sounds like good business to me. Shame we spent £2m to bring him here but Souey, to his credit, has publicly regretted the signing. By and large, Souey's transfer dealings have been pretty good.

I wonder if one of our prolific goal scoring teenagers has caught the eye of the management sufficiently to be considered if we have an injury or suspension crisis (either Stead getting injured or Dickov getting suspended). After all, Gally came through to the first team squad relatively unheralded from the youth team set up.

I wonder if one of our prolific goal scoring teenagers has caught the eye of the management sufficiently to be considered if we have an injury or suspension crisis (either Stead getting injured or Dickov getting suspended). After all, Gally came through to the first team squad relatively unheralded from the youth team set up.

Philipl, once we start to rely on the kids to perform week in-week out, we're gonners, for a long time.

It's difficult for them in the lower divisions, in the Prem - it's impossible. It really seems to me, as if rovers are on a suicide mission.

Unless, of course - there's a surprise in store. Somehow, I doubt it. sad.gif

There goes another depressing thread. It's not my fault though, it's Soueys. wink.gif

The Duff rumour makes perfect sense to me.

As we now have an abundance of left sided players - it would give GS the chance to play even more left footed players out of position as he did against WBA wink.gif

Seriously - Duff showed that he has an eye for goal, and plays as the second striker for Ireland. I am going to keep on dreaming that Kamy will come good with this latest rumour rover.gif

Given our recent poor gates - maybe the board have decided we can't afford to have five strikers on the books sad.gif

Personally I am glad to see the back of him - but worry who is going to score the goals for us sad.gif

Personally I am glad to see the back of him - but worry who is going to score the goals for us sad.gif

Well , with his work rate and attitude , he wasn't going to score any so we've lost nothing. Personally I'd rather have one of Flopsy's cones in the team .

Martin O'Neill is one of the most astute managers in the game.

I thought so too but this kinda disproves that notion.

My comments about O'Neill were if he were to let Sutton go in the opposite direction. That said I can't understand him wanting Yorke in addition to other strikers he may have at his club.

Celtic though are notorious skinflints and O'Neill is able to get the best out of some of his more average players, so anything is possible.

Blue phil - I agree with your sentiments about Yorke. But would have been happier if the money saved in wages were used to bring in an experienced striker.

Gally and Stead have lots to prove - Dickov is hard working, but doesn't have explosive pace, and Jansen has yet to recover any of the form he showed prior to his injury. All four will work hard for the team - but do we have the pace and explosive finishing that so many of our rivals seem to now have ?

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

Dear Mr Clayton Left Boot,

I've just noticed your signature.

Was Sir Ronnie playing centre half in that game?

And what happened to Frank Lord?

Yours in sport

jim

Bloody Hell Jim biggrin.gif

I can't remember what I did last week, let alone the Rovers formation from a game in 1966!

When I did my signature a few weeks ago, I did look at the team and try and work out who played where. Some positions are obvious, and at that time Clayton had moved back into central defence as opposed to a right half. Whilst there does seem an imbalance of left sided players (I've had to cheat and look in the Mike Jackman book) it was at a time when teams were starting to talk about midfielders instead of attacking wing halves and moving from the traditional 5-3-2 to a 4-4-2.

To be honest, I could not remember Frank Lord, I've since found out he only played 10 games for Rovers before moving into coaching, first at Ewood and then elsewhere.

Perhaps Yorke read the Celtic boards and found their fans were every bit as delighted to be acquiring him as we had been at the prospect of him staying.

In any event, assuming he can get from Glasgow to Brum in time to do his medical, looks like Yorke is joining the mission for the rehabilitation of fallen players savaged by Souness- also known as Birmingham City.

Steve Bruce is becoming quite a soul-mate to the discerning Rovers fan.

So where has the little git gone - Celtic or Brum?

I'm sure it's a puzzler for him = Birmingham, where he can renew his special relationship with the fans or Celtic where it gets a bit nippy and some of the grounds are poor.

Not that I care - he's off and I'm so relieved.

rolleyes.gif

Not that I care - he's off and I'm so relieved.

A bit like a poor horror filum though Bryan - where they say "Thank God that's all over - it / he / she's dead" only for it / he / she is still alive and there's another massive scare to come.

We've been here too many times (well at least twice) when we've declared "Thank God he's gone".

I'll believe it when I see it on Sky or on the Official Site - and even then I'm bolting the doors tonight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.