SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Striker Signs!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness on Sky

Best for Dwight and the club- fee agreed for Dwight along with Birmingham matching the fee- Yorke favours Birmingham Souey thinks.

Good young striker Bothroyd, had our eye on him for a while.

sad.gif What an absolute joke.  Jesus wept.

well he scored 7 goals in serie a last season, more than yorke would. He is a the ripe old age of 22. We need competition up front. I dont see a problem. What the hell do you expect? Ronaldo? Shearer? perhaps we should of bid for rooney? behave

Edited by Blackpool_Rover

Souness is talking about him now, as i type. Bothroyd went to Perrugia after spending time at both Coventry and as a youngster at Coventry.

Great things were predicted of Bothroyd, but he left England as a bit of a failure really, with the main complaint about his game, being his work-rate and lack of effort. I just hope we haven't replaced one big lazy lump with another dry.gif

Bothroyd went to Perrugia after spending time at both Coventry and as a youngster at Coventry.

He's got to be good - he'd been at Coventry twice. tongue.gif

Anyhow, the news is now on the official site as well.

actually he was a youngster at Arsenal and due to a fall out he left the club under a cloud !

Ossydave, give the lad a chance, you obviously dont know that much about him, 7 goals in the Italian league aged 22 makes him a pretty good bet. I mean Cg didnt score that many and he is 6 yrs older than him.

As for jesus wept outcry ? well *********** tinykit.gif

This has got to be a win-win situation ?

We get rid of a 32 year old has been for £500k, and his 32k a week wages.

We then get on loan a 22 year old player who can't be any worse - but has it all to prove, and so hopefully will work harder. He will undoubtably be on less wages than Yorke - and we still have £500k in the bank.

Why is anyone moaning about this ? We have to take risks on players like this in the hope that we unearth a gem that has been over-looked by the big boys. Being on loan for the season means that we also don't have as much risk (other than his wages) - as long as we have first refusal on him (and an agreed fee) if he is a star in the EPL wink.gif

Goals record.

Serie A 2003/2004 Perugia                3

Division One 2002/2003 Coventry    7

Division One 2001/2002 Coventry    6

Not exactly inspiring. Still, we'll see.

and that's being very kind, but still have to wait and see, he only a loan, can't be worse then Yorke

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.