BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Striker Signs!

This has got to be a win-win situation ?

We get rid of a 32 year old has been for £500k, and his 32k a week wages.

We then get on loan a 22 year old player who can't be any worse - but has it all to prove, and so hopefully will work harder. He will undoubtably be on less wages than Yorke - and we still have £500k in the bank.

Why is anyone moaning about this ?

Because we need a player who is going to save us from relegation. If this is the solution to our problems, then I'm a cantankerous old so-and-so.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on folks be fair, the lad as not kicked a ball yet.

GS cannot win we sign older players and its a no no from some fans

we sign a young player and its still a no no from some fans

if we get 500k for yorkie is a great deal for the rovers

I said paul d would be well and he as todate and this lad from what I have heard looks to be a good players, but as lost his way. lets hope he can find his way back at rovers biggrin.gif

Goals record.

Serie A 2003/2004 Perugia                3

Division One 2002/2003 Coventry     7

Division One 2001/2002 Coventry     6

Not exactly inspiring. Still, we'll see.

Including cup goals, it looks like he scored 10 for Coventry in the first half of the 2002/3 season before being side lined by injury.

Cup goals doubled his Perugia tally from that mentioned above- they were all against top sides (Wolfsburg in Europe; Chievo, Udinese, Bologna, Sienna in Serie A).

If he is as bad as our last two striker signings- the relegated Dickov and the fourth division Stead, I will happily agree with Ossydave that this is a poor poor signing. rover.gif

Edited by philipl

So the knight in shining armour came galloping over the hill to the rescue of the Rovers in the shape of a Coventry reject.

Wonderful.

Souness's much-acclaimed Italian scouts strike again.

Although it pains me to say it there are cov "rejects" everywhere!

Kirkland, huckerby, davenport, thommo, hartson...... They have good rejects i for one am happy with a loan deal as we can look at him for a bit!

I wonder how matt jansen is reacting to this news!!! Bet he thought he was in with a shout when hearing about yorke

Exactly.

God knows why Matt thinks he should stay here to have 'one last shot' at resurrecting his career with us, he never gets a frigging chance.

I wonder how matt jansen is reacting to this news!!! Bet he thought he was in with a shout when hearing about yorke

Exactly.

God knows why Matt thinks he should stay here to have 'one last shot' at resurrecting his career with us, he never gets a frigging chance.

Is this Matt 'I'm a idiot who most likely broke the rules of my contract by riding a moped' Jansen huh.gif Why does he deserve another chance, he's shown nothing

jim

you obviously didnt see the effort put in by the majority of Rovers players against the real red scum.

That alone showed there is a heart beating within the club unlike last season. tinykit.gif

On that topic, I'd like to quote part of an article I read on Soccernet that summed it up perfectly:

Having had time to reflect on the game, what was evident, was the change in attitude by both fans and supporters. Last season the team would have laid down and capitulated to the ever increasing United pressure and the fans would have accepted the inevitable defeat. On Saturday it was apparent that the players performed with passion, wearing the shirt with pride, recognised from all quarters of the ground by the fans as they stood singing their support until the very end. After last seasons disappointment and under achievement this crop of players gave the supporters something to cheer about, it wasn't a case of going home complaining about the Rovers, it was a feeling of sorrow for the players who had given a 110 per cent.

So is this "Jay Bothroyd" the mystery trialist from the German tour?

Errrr, no! That was striker Rey Volpato from Padova.

As for Bothroyd, i saw him in italy so i'll think he'll be a decent enough player.

Exactly.

Is this Matt 'I'm a idiot who most likely broke the rules of my contract by riding a moped' Jansen huh.gif Why does he deserve another chance, he's shown nothing

For a club in our situation it makes sense to give one of our best players in recent years another shot at the big time. I'm not denying he made a silly mistake, that's clear for anyone to see but how we'd benefit from a few flashes of the 'old Matt'.

He hasn't had the chance to 'show anything' because he's been bundled in with the stiffs, he'll NEVER get back to his best doing that.

So is this "Jay Bothroyd" the mystery trialist from the German tour?

Errrr, no! That was striker Rey Volpato from Padova.

As for Bothroyd, i saw him in italy so i'll think he'll be a decent enough player.

Thanks for clearing that up cool.gif

He hasn't had the chance to 'show anything' because he's been bundled in with the stiffs, he'll NEVER get back to his best doing that.

Aye, and he hardly set the world on fire at the reserve game tonight, so how can he lay claim to a first team place.

Well we needed another striker and we got one, not the most exicting of signings i admit but it's only a loan deal so we won't lose anything if it turns out bad. He'll provide back-up for Stead and Dickov.

Seen him play a couple of times he his pacey but seems to lack confidence infront of goal, he's a former Arsenal youther so he can't be that bad.

He can't be as bad as Yorke and Grabbi, can here ?? , maybe i shouldn't of said thay unsure.gif

Been speaking to people who know more about Bothroyd than myself.

He is tall, quick and skillful. Been playing well in a poor team and there was interest in him this summer from a few clubs.

Its only a loan deal and as Yorke is going he gives us a good option with his pace.

Its hard to judge players in reserve matches.

Exactly.

Jansen could, and would IMO offer more to our first team than Boothroyd.

Yes and he also could offer nothing. In all the games i've seen him play he has looked so far short of the required quality it's untrue. You say he should get 5 or 6 games but instead of who? Stead, Dickov, we can't afford to let give someone 5 or 6 games to see what he might do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.