BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Striker Signs!

Don't worry about jims comments. jim is upset because we have got rid of Dwight Yorke, the man jim predicted would help propel us to a new high. A cause for excitement. Sorry jim, say bye bye to Dwighty baby.

Never heard of this Bothrotd, but then again I'd never heard of Jon Stead, only thing I don't like is the bloody name. Sounds like a snobby memeber of the Oxford rowing team, Bothroyd. Hope he's a good one. The ones wanting some youth have now got it, I like it. Dickov's enthusiasm rubbing off on these young one can only be a good thing. To get rid of another leech from the club can only serve to boost overall morale too.

Edited by USABlue

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't had the chance to 'show anything' because he's been bundled in with the stiffs, he'll NEVER get back to his best doing that.

Aye, and he hardly set the world on fire at the reserve game tonight, so how can he lay claim to a first team place.

did derbs get a run out? how did he do?

He hasn't had the chance to 'show anything' because he's been bundled in with the stiffs, he'll NEVER get back to his best doing that.

Aye, and he hardly set the world on fire at the reserve game tonight, so how can he lay claim to a first team place.

did derbs get a run out? how did he do?

Last 15 minutes or so, nothing of any note, but by then we were 2 up and they were pushing for a goal.

Douglas impressed with some robust challenges, Yelldell made 2 or 3 decent saves. Solid performance rather than a great attacking game, but had 2-3 other decent chances to score as well.

Its hard to judge players in reserve matches.

Exactly.

Jansen could, and would IMO offer more to our first team than Boothroyd.

True, he's not the signing to get pulses racing but I think we need to see how he performs over the next 10 or so games before we can objectively pass judgement on whether he can offer more than Jansen.

The vast majority of us got excited when Yorke signed. The same cannot be said when Friedel did. Time will tell.

We should have signed someone better but we'll have to wait and see how he does, he impressed at the start of his Perugia career but faded away after that...his pace will be a welcome replacement for the lethargic Yorke though.

Crystal Palace were one of the other clubs interested in him today, however they've signed Nicola Ventola from Inter Milan instead.

Saying no to Gustavo Lopez and not taking a chance on a £200k Ricardo Fuller suddenly looks a lot more serious...

Edited by LeChuck

message to other rovers fans: dont get influenced by other rovers fans on here who like to criticise players without seeing them play just stick to your own opinions.

Anyway, can the club ever win. You call Yorke a disgrace, well, he's gone!

You all say Jansens past it, and now that another club shows interest in him, you all say he can do a job for us. You say you dont want anymore golden oldies, well now you've got a young english striker with pace who has great potential.

Some of you should just let the club do what they feel is best, as they obviously have more brains than some of you on here.

message to other rovers fans: dont get influenced by other rovers fans on here who like to criticise players without seeing them play just stick to your own opinions.

You all say Jansens past it, and now that another club shows interest in him, you all say he can do a job for us. You say you dont want anymore golden oldies, well now you've got a young english striker with pace who has great potential.

Some of you should just let the club do what they feel is best, as they obviously have more brains than some of you on here.

Thats the state of fans in todays game! You do what they want! ie. change tactics and they slate you, if you stay with the tactics they slate you for not being adventurous! you just can't win as a manager!

Bothroyd looks good to me tinykit.gif

I wonder how matt jansen is reacting to this news!!! Bet he thought he was in with a shout when hearing about yorke

Exactly.

God knows why Matt thinks he should stay here to have 'one last shot' at resurrecting his career with us, he never gets a frigging chance.

Is this Matt 'I'm a idiot who most likely broke the rules of my contract by riding a moped' Jansen huh.gif Why does he deserve another chance, he's shown nothing

No this is the Matt Jansen he endeared himself to the rovers fans for 3 years, the Matt Jansen that gave 100% every week and was only minutes away from going to the world cup. And incidently, the same Matt Jansen that won us promotion by scoring a crucial header at Deepdale.

So i would think it very fair to give him one final chance to prove himself this season, and hopefully he can show the short-minded fans like yourself, what he can still do!

tinykit.gif

Amen to that

Thank you!

We all wanted Yorke out! Now he is!

Well, we still got Stead, Dicky, Gally and Jansen. And Bothroyd could become a star like Stead. We`ll just wait and see. Im quite happy seeing youngsters coming in...

Dont worry, be happy.....!

Edited by Duffer*Norway

For any fans that are worried, ask him what he thinks about the move

bothroyd@icons.com - Thats his email addy.

After rerading all the info about him, it looks to me that he is young, skillfull and can score good goals. The only thing it looks like he is missing is the abiklity to run for a ball that has been pumped into the corner and he also seems to lack confidence according to the reports.

But if you ask me, at 22 then i would say this is a good move for us.

Its only a loan so if he is crap then we can fire him back, but if not we can sign him for what i would expect to be a small fee.

Its a win, win situation.

Yorke out, young lad who can learn alot in!

I remember Gordon Strachan being asked about Bothroyd and his response was 'if he was as good as he thought he was, he'd be a world beater.'

Draw your own conclusions.

So are we opening a poll on how long before Souey falls out with him?

I like the fact that he has pace and touch but am concerned by the numeroous reports aboout his "attitude".

I remember Gordon Strachan being asked about Bothroyd and his response was 'if he was as good as he thought he was, he'd be a world beater.'

Hughesy...

he also seems to lack confidence according to the reports

Well that's that cleared up then.

He's tall, he's quick ( ohmy.gif ) and he's played and scored a few goals in Serie A (which isn't easy). I've got a bizarre idea - I'm going to wait until I see him play before deciding if he's any good or not ohmy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.