BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Striker Signs!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing is that we have a price agreed ALREADY, always the best option when taking a player on loan otherwise they come in, do well and then the selling club puts the price up.

It's definitely a very good move to agree a price. However, given he's from a not-particularly-wealthy club, and wasn't a first choice player there, I was surprised we agreed on £2m. I'm sure we could have got him for 500-750k less, which is a hefty amount when you're as short of transfer cash as Rovers. £2m may still turn out to be a bargain, but still not as good a bargain as we might have got.

Best thing is that we have a price agreed ALREADY, always the best option when taking a player on loan otherwise they come in, do well and then the selling club puts the price up.

It's definitely a very good move to agree a price. However, given he's from a not-particularly-wealthy club, and wasn't a first choice player there, I was surprised we agreed on £2m. I'm sure we could have got him for 500-750k less, which is a hefty amount when you're as short of transfer cash as Rovers. £2m may still turn out to be a bargain, but still not as good a bargain as we might have got.

Actually I was thinking the same last night (sad i know!) ..£2 million?!?

Hopefully that is the most that the club could sell at, rather than the actual price...

besides.... Ghaddafi (sp?) doesn't need the money..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.