BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brfc...7inch Single By 'frenzy'

cletus

Whilst delving into my mate`s record collection,

i came across an old 7inch single by a group called FRENZY

the song was called 'Blackburn Rovers' or something like that.

I remember it used to be played over the tannoy system at Ewood during the early 80s.

I told my mate it might be a collectable (to someone)

...so he asked me to find out.

Does anybody know owt about it??

He may be willing to part with it.

I have a copy of that too !!

It was imaginitively called "Blackburn Rovers" and the B-side was called "On the Rovers" and was basically an instrumental version of the same song but with the words of the chorus sung.

I can vaguely recall the first couple of lines of the song, something like

we're all going down to Ewood Park today, 20,000 fans are in their usual place"

Slightly exaggerated as this was in the early 80s when average crowds were approximately 5-6,000 ! Maybe "in their usual place" meant at home watching Grandstand.

I think it must have been some promotional push by a local band because, if I remember rightly they were handed out free at the turnstiles to youngsters attending a particular match (Norwich ?)

No idea if it's collectable or not. But I'm interested to know if it is !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

laugh.gif "Down at Ewood Park . . . . BLACKBURN ROVERS!

You can hear them singin . . . BLACKBURN ROVERS!

For miles and miles around!!!

ROVERS, COME ON THE ROVERS clap clap calp." biggrin.gif

Yes I remember it well, Its not on WinMX at any road!

I would love to hear it again!

Please contact me!

Regards

Jonny

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There's a copy for sale on ebay (here) currently at £7.50.

I managed to get the sleeve of my copy signed at one of The Rovers open days. Football players used to have legible signatures in those days (unlike the squiggly lot of today) and you can decipher them all ( John Lowey, Vince O'Keefe, Ian Miller, David Mail, Terry Gennoe, Jim Branagan, Bobby Saxton, David Hamilton, Mick Rathbone, Glenn Keeley, Derek Fazackerley, Peter Devine and Norman Bell ).

Probably not worth much more than the £7.50, though.

I also remember seeing FRENZY live at the KGH. They were one of the supports (along with Bernie Marsden) to those wonderful Scouse boogie merchants 'SPIDER' ("The only pub band with a laser light show....").

.....Happy days !!

• 1 month later...

There's a copy for sale on ebay (here) currently at £7.50.

I managed to get the sleeve of my copy signed at one of The Rovers open days. Football players used to have legible signatures in those days (unlike the squiggly lot of today) and you can decipher them all ( John Lowey, Vince O'Keefe, Ian Miller, David Mail, Terry Gennoe, Jim Branagan, Bobby Saxton, David Hamilton, Mick Rathbone, Glenn Keeley, Derek Fazackerley, Peter Devine and Norman Bell ).

Probably not worth much more than the £7.50, though.

I also remember seeing FRENZY live at the KGH. They were one of the supports (along with Bernie Marsden) to those wonderful Scouse boogie merchants 'SPIDER' ("The only pub band with a laser light show....").

.....Happy days !!

Remember that day well, I won the penalty competition and what did I get for my trouble?

THE FRENZY 7 INCH!!!!. Oh and a Bulldog Bobby mug.