SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only place I will put this one as I don't want to start a topic on it. Cole, an old boy (hence this thread), has just been banned another 3 games for fighting on the pitch.

Fabrice Fernandes has also been convicted of dangerous driving and got 100 hours or so community service.

Should Fernandes also get banned for a few games to teach him a lesson? Role model and all that.

Cole got an extra hammering for what could be seen as transgressing the laws of the land, why not Fernandes? Or all footballers who fall foul of the law? Would it make a difference?

This is the only place I will put this one as I don't want to start a topic on it. Cole, an old boy (hence this thread), has just been banned another 3 games for fighting on the pitch.

Fabrice Fernandes has also been convicted of dangerous driving and got 100 hours or so community service.

Should Fernandes also get banned for a few games to teach him a lesson? Role model and all that.

Cole got an extra hammering for what could be seen as transgressing the laws of the land, why not Fernandes? Or all footballers who fall foul of the law? Would it make a difference?

Doubtless he would have been banned if he had driven dangerously...... but only if he had done it on the pitch. smile.gif

Bit of a daft suggestion though Speedie, what punishment would you like the FA to mete out for a footballer getting a parking ticket or not having a TV licence? How would you like to be suspended from work if you did 35mph? or drove across the hump of a roundabout? Afraid your suggestion would never stand up to a legal challenge anyway.

Bit of a daft suggestion though Speedie

I'm not suggesting it, I'm just wondering how people would react to it. You, obviously, don't like it.

Does the FA's "bringing the game into disrepute" charge carry only financial penalties? Could it not be argued that an idiot footballer convicted of a criminal offence is bringing the game into disrepute?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.