BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barry Ferguson

Brownie

I agree totally. Shame we havent got Dunny next to him learning the trade from a good player

What?! Dunn can only be 2 years younger than Ferguson.

David Dunn is a fat perpetually-injured big-headed delusional git.

He couldn't learn if he was playing next to Pele.

Maybe so Bryan but we all know David Dunn has "potential" wink.gif

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Rangers news it appears that the latest headlines indicating that Fergie is a target for Gers comes from 2 previous interviews with 'ol heck when he stated he would be interested in Fergie if he ever became available.

I foresee Fergie being the mainstay with a new look team from January 05. tinykit.gif

i've watched Barry play at Blackburn over the last couple of years and really always thought he has been played out of position.

Barry is at his best when the game is ahead of him and he sees plenty of the ball. he probably is the best passer of a ball in British football but whenever i have seen him play for Blackburn he's running away from the ball trying to be an auxiliary attacker....this just isn't his game.

for instance, he cannot shoot! he might be able to curl the odd effort but he is unable to strike a ball with any real power.

that said, i am a huge fan of Ferguson when he is played as the holding midfielder and the whole team pivot around him.

that's what he did at Rangers under Advocaat and McLeish and he was a joy to watch.

the Blackburn fans haven't seen any of this really.

drop Tugay...play Barry in the playmaking role and play Thompson as the forward running central midfielder with Emerton and Reid either side.

At his best when the game is ahead of him?? I think I would have to agree with that, if he has space. If the wee fella is allowed some time on the ball with options ahead of him he looks outstanding. Problem is, in the Prem it does not happen much. that is compounded by the fact our forward line does not offer much in the way of movement, SPL it happened a lot, teams playing 'gers would sit back giving Fergie the room he needs, good forward movement, hence Fergie looks like a world beater. He needs a partner or two to take the opposition's eye off him and help stop him being pressured.

Next, best passer of the ball in British football?? I don't think I can agree with that sorry. Bazza has an air about him but I think to make it work Sparky has to make him the pivotal man, leaning me toward your case for having him replace Tugay, but, and it is a big but, can we teach our forwards to understand Fergies game and learn to read what he is going to do. Then and only then will Fergie become the "top top player in the prem' that Souness predicted.

Just my thoughts, now tear em up.

Just seen this, I’m not sure what to think, as long as we get our 7.5m back.

lets say we got 7.5 mill for him. which classy midfielder would we replace him with?

who do you think would come to blackburn now, given the state of the team, club and finances. Certainly no one has good as barry fergusson - that's for sure.

The team should be built around him.

Sorry don't agree...

Everton paid £2 million for Tim Cahill who is playing just as well as Barry Ferguson, if we could get someone of similar quality to Cahill for that price and still have £5 million or so to play around with then we should do it. Even players like Carrick are going for around £4 million. The more I think about it, the more I think I would snap their hands off for £7.5 million.

Philip not really sure what you think my reservations are I tend to agree with teapreacher also, except for the passing ability. No doubt he is good but the best mmm, thats open.

I am just saying he does best with a bit more time and space, a luxury he is not often afforded.

On the Tim Cahill thing, remember a season and a half ago, Souness was sniffing around Cahill and the sentiment on here was that he was not good enough, how things change huh?

Can't wait for tomorrow, it's o the telly over here too. Fulham next week as well.

Stead can recover the form.But for Jansen it may not be the case,cause while his form isnt there,it could be that he has lost a yard of everything since the accident.I havent really see him get too involved and look dangerous much since he has been back.He used to cause havoc.

I hope im wrong.

Ferguson is a natural playmaker - he'll almost never give the ball away and played in his proper position he will always make time and space for himself.

What i don't understand is why buy the player then try to turn him into something other than he is?

if Souness wanted a forward running, goalscoring midfielder he should have gone for Petrov at Celtic.

lets say we got 7.5 mill for him. which classy midfielder would we replace him with?

who do you think would come to blackburn now, given the state of the team, club and finances. Certainly no one has good as barry fergusson - that's for sure.

Sorry don't agree...

Everton paid £2 million for Tim Cahill who is playing just as well as Barry Ferguson, if we could get someone of similar quality to Cahill for that price and still have £5 million or so to play around with then we should do it. Even players like Carrick are going for around £4 million. The more I think about it, the more I think I would snap their hands off for £7.5 million.

I remember thinking the same went Duffer moved...Robert (£8m), Etherington (£1m), Kewell (£5m)... There always seems so many adequate replacements, which would leave us with more cash to spend, but the reality is the clubs demand more money, no one wants to come to Ewood and we ultimately end up with more sh1t.

Sorry don't agree...

I must admit I have not seen as much of Cahill as you have LeChuck but from what I have seen I can't say he is playing just as well as Fergie. Sure he's knocked in a couple of goals but overall? I defer to your judgement due to the fact you have seen more of him than I but I just doubt it.

However, if we are comparisom shopping how about Dafoe at 7 Mill, there's one I might have rather had.

I wish there was a way to pick out the old posts cos it seems to me when Cahill was brought up on here just about everyone poo pooed the idea. First Div player, already got reid and Neill, what is Souness getting kick backs, some of the comments I recall.

When we were in for Bazza all I remember, with the exception of a few who thought he was too pricey (Rev and Myself for sure), is comments like we should break the bank, top notch player, we must outbid Everton, we have to have him. Funny how things change so quickly.

Edited by USABlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.