BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh No It's Peter Reid

jim mk2

NO....No Reid , PLEASE !!!!

Link (SUN)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...4420166,00.html

Calm thyself newish member with a name two letters away from being a double serving of 'i can't believe it's not wang'. This is probably the article Jim was referring to when he started this thread. Don't forget that the papers had El Tel as the Newcastle manger...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would much rather have Hoddle or Houlier who, rather unfortunately, are both very interested and available immediately.

I hope this gets sorted soon, or at least a very short short list gets announced. If this goes on for a few weeks practiacally everyone will have had an article written about how they are going to be the next Rovers manager. Except maybe Hughes and Strachan who, by the sound of things, are the only 2 not to have actaully applied for the job

The papers that are usually correct tend to be either the Daily Express or the Daily Mail.

If it is Reid then i would be seriously disapointed. I can however see it happening and i just pray it doesnt.

How about a poll on what manager we want? With the favs on it like Moyes, Advocaat, Hughes, Reid, Strachan?

I don't. It's the usual dirge. At no point does he say "I'm not interested in managing Blackburn Rovers".

What he says short of the above is completey irrelevant. If the board are stupid enough to approach him today, will he stay at Coventry or will he 'do a Souness'? We know the answer to that......

Edited by Tooting Rover

I haven't a problem with Peter Reid and I thought that he did a good job for Sunderland, but I'd rather he didn't take over. Skysports are reporting on the Advocat story that Hughes is Blackburn's prefered choice of manager.

If you mean Dick Advocaat, where was it reported?

Maybe the board should look at who us the fans have short listed such as

Newell

Strachan

Hughes

Hitzfield

Jewell

and then look at the 20+ who are after the job before looking for our new manager down on Sesame Street to see which muppet needs a job. If Rovers wish to stay in the Premier league, This next appointment will have to be spot on cause I feel it will be make or break for us.

'The Art of Transfer Blunders' by Peter Reid, illustrated by G.Souness (a short excerpt from a book that is sure to come out sooner rather than later).

''1.6 million for Milton Nunez - I meant to buy the star striker of top Uruguayan club, Nacional. Unfortunately, a mix up meant we signed Nunez from a crappy division 3 Uruguayan side, also called Nacional, (bloody confusing or what?) for nearly 2 million pounds - bugger.

He featured for 10 minutes in a Worthington Cup tie before being banished to the reserves and eventually, back to Uruguay and retirement. I suspected something was wrong when I first saw a 5 foot nothing guy turn up at training one day, when I was expecting a burly target man from those grainy videos kindly given to my by an agent. I thought nothing more of it because the video was of very bad quality and besides Kevin Phillips had done alright, and he was a bit of a short arse.''

Chapter 2 - 'How I wasted 10 million in a day on a Norwegian totem pole and a one season wonder called Stewart'.

Edited by rover6

I so hope this is tabloid nonsense. To think I laughed at Newcastle fans getting a manager v.different to what they expected.

If anyone sees anyone from the club, they need to stress how badly Peter Reid would be received. The Sun claims he has a lot of supporters inside the club - if true, who??? Do they know anything about football? Is it the person in charge of the swear box?

Is Reid good at buying players No. Is he known as a good coach? No. Is he known as a tactical genius? No. In his defence, he does seem to be good at swearing at people at halftime rather than relying on things like tactics etc.

I don't want McCarthy either, as per some other papers. I think I need to ignore.

Right, I need a lie down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.