Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh No It's Peter Reid

jim mk2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure speculative story from Michael Morgan.

That's what worries me. If the story had no accreditation, I would have been inclined to dismiss it, but Michael Morgan is a respected experienced journalist who has been covering the Yorkshire football beat for the past 30 years.

Morgan will know Reid well from his time at Sunderland and Leeds and will have been given the nod by old monkey features that he is in the frame for the job. Forget Reid's statement today (as Mandy Rice-Davies said, he would say that, wouldn't he?), he is definitely in the running.

What a brilliant example of the expression " a fool and his money are soon parted " this thread illustrates.

As somebody said earlier on this thread this was all a betting scam.

If Jimbler has more than a modicum of intelligence then he must be in on it.

Personally I believe in his integrity laugh.gif

Somebody ( informant or journalist ) invented the story that Reid was favorite to become our manager and contrived to have some shiyte rag publish the sorry tale....

.......once the odds on Reid had fallen sufficiently and hence the odds on him NOT getting the job were good enough those in the know struck - look at the price/volume over time graph on betfair - large bets were placed there and elsewhere at this time AGAINST Reid becoming our manager. Soon after this happened the odds on Reid getting the Blackburn job rapidly rose ( and hence the odds laying against Reid rapidly become less favourable ).

When our new manager is appointed ( funnily enough NOT Reid ) then the clever scammers collect their winnings at very good odds for predicting that he would not be the one.

Made a really interesting thread though unsure.gifhuh.gif

Frank Skinner came up with a classic Reid comparison in one of his Times Columns about how he always somehow pictured him sitting on a tyre suspended from the ceiling chomping on a banana. Can never get that image out of my head now when I see Reid on TV.

Hopefully this article was just a bit of mischief making by the Sun. The Board couldn't possibly be that out of touch could they?

Old chimpy chops belongs firmly at the top of the "Don't touch with an excrement covered stick" list.

With Hoddle, Advocaat, McCarthy, Venables, Bryan Robson etc etc not far behind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.