BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Nixon

AndyC

Seen as though he gets so many 'scoops' with our club, I thought we could have our very aown 'alan nixon watch'

Everytime he posts a 'scoop' it can be put into this thread & we can see how worng he actually was.

first up is his story about flitcroft in the starting XI this week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_...-name_page.html

------------------------------------------------

GARRY SET TO FLIT IN AGAIN

By Alan Nixon

GARRY FLITCROFT will be brought in from the cold by Blackburn Rovers caretaker boss Tony Parkes - after his row with Graeme Souness.

Long-serving Flitcroft was stunned to be stripped of the captaincy and his squad number after a disagreement with former manager Souness.

But Parkes will put Flitcroft back into the heart of midfield alongside Barry Ferguson against Newcastle on Saturday, with the chance to prove the new Toon Army chief wrong.

Flitcroft was the most surprising of the players frozen out by Souness. Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole and Andy Todd had all fallen foul of the hard-line manager.

But Flitcroft came in for the treatment for no apparent reason, although insiders reveal there was a dispute over a going-away party for a player at the end of last season.

flitcroft is long past it in my opnion. he drifts out of the game far too much & doesn't have the legs anymore.

get tugay in and lets have a go at them. None of this containment rubbish. pederson, tugay, fergie and emerton and lets give them hell.

Flitcroft gives 110% and loves the club but I think we really have to move on and let other midfielders have a chance (Donnelly, Douglas etc.) I mean Barry Ferguson can play the holding midfield role, allowing the likes of Thompson, Tugay even Donnelly to roam forward. Plus Douglas is basically just a younger version of Flitty, just minus the womanising element.

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.