BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investment In Our Club

Hughesy

I still say that we should give big teams like liverpool, arsenal, chelsea and newcastle the riverside stand and move people into other areas. Then we will have a sell-out for the first time in ages. Although that will spark controversy.

We are already having the knifes(unfairly?) stuck in our back about our perceived lack of support without making ourselves look like complete and utter fools.....why dont we give the Mancs the Blackburn end as well blink.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, what we need is the support from missing 4-5000 that enjoyed the good times but crawl back under their stones when times are hard.  mad.gif

I agree totally with this. Its all about getting bums on seats, how the hell can we do that.

We aren't going to get back the 4,000 or so 'supporters' who were there for the good times back unless we get success on the pitch, which really is catch 22. Do we invest to succeed in the hope that 3,000 - 4,000 new supporters will come back therefore generating the cash, or we try and find new ways to generate the cash before investing in the team.

All clubs have 'glory supporters' who jump form one club to the next, a mate of mine who is a Man U season ticket holder said he wouldn't mind too much if they finished midtable to get rid of the glory hutting supporters.

Maybe he can send a few our way sad.gif

the departure of Souness says it all to me - He realised that the club is going nowhere, not with the current set of fans anyway

Qualifies for idiotic quote of the week.

And as for the fans- well lets transfer them all to another club and find new ones shall we!! (I hope it was a mistype and you meant NUMBER of fans)

how you can comment on fans is beyond me!!! mad.gif

you only go when it suits you are one of the fair weather brigade.Is the transfer only dependent if the manager meets jans approval.

and as for people saying increase the ticket prices ....YEA RIGHT!!

How many wouldnt go if the tickets go up ??a bloody lot i tell you

I fear the reason behind this thread was a combination of popular sugar daddy press stories and the sad reality that we don't have one. When Jack Walker came along the club got slated for us buying the title, now it's all the rage to go out and get a big money benefactor to bankroll the signing of expensive stars. I shudder to think what the reaction would have been if we were touting the Thai prime minister to give us a load of money. Instead Liverpool were unlucky not to get it, but our local supporter did us a favour and we become the millionaires club. The bias stinks and we have to deal with it on many levels.

Back to the issue, we do not need more investment, we have one of the most astute chief executives in the game. JW is trying his best to make the club stand alone without the need for massive windfalls. If we can become self sufficient it will keep the club solvent long after Williams has retired. A well run academy producing young stars who can then be sold to give us that needed cash injection will make me happy, as long as we are in the top flight. Crewe did it for years. We have a far better structure than they do so why not? Auxerre in France also do it. They don't win the league, but stay competitive then every once in a while a Liverpool comes along and gives £14 million for a player.

The board is always preaching that the gates have to be bigger, which they seriously do. However it is very hard to do. We can say that we have the cheapest ticket prices in the league, but for many it is still too expensive and with nothing to compare it against we are stuck. You could say that our competition are Burnley, Bolton, and to a lesser extent the Manchester clubs, but who in East Lancs would travel there? We are straddled with the town's small demographic and no significant area nearby to poach football fans from. Only Accrington offers a decent sized pot to try and win fans from. Most towns are loyal to their own team futher restricting the migration of fans.

If you take Blackburn's population of 140,000 and try to fill 27,500 seats (we sell 2,500 away tickets) and that adds up to 20% of the population. Can you honestly see 1 in 5 coming to Ewood regularly? Including old folk, kids, and the bored youth? I can't. If you add in Hyndburn's 80,000 it's still 1 in 8. I know statistics can be skewed to suit your purpose and people come from different places to watch, but our direct catchment area is too small.

This is what we have and must live with it. It was only 15 years ago we were getting 8,000. We need more revenue streams, as the financiers call it, not large scale handouts. Finishing higher up the league would help a little, especially if 4 places means an extra £2 million. Bring on the new boss.

nice post

speeeeddie

but one point..... you mention the word competative. Is there any chance that you could forward that word and its meaning to the Rovers team.

Rovers do need an investment in the interim period, if only to get them out of this rut. I am sure that mssrs Barker,Garner,Peter and Corvino may bring in decent money in the future but its now that there is a problem.

the incoming manager has to get rid of and will get rid of deadwood, there is no doubt about it and they will have to be replaced unless we some how bring the youth through and get lucky.

A local investor would be nice and give the club a massive boost both on the field and behind the scene. The knock on effect could be massive tinykit.gif

Just wrote along and laborious post and the piggin comp crashed on the last pragraph and saved you all.

Anyway the gist was that we in this tiny footballing town will inevitably find our own level down among the dead men and with no hope of recovery unless another JW can be found (the last one took 100 years to show up btw).

The only way is to disband 4 and reform as 1 Lancashire club.

But it will never work as most people appear to prefer to die in false hope.

To support a merger of Lancashire clubs is just plain stupid in my book despite the advantages of such a scheme.

We're Blackburn Rovers and long may that continue.

Simple facts of the matter are we've come a long way in the past 14yrs and maybe the fans were not ready for the ride in terms of continued support on a grand scale. Don't get me wrong the support is excellent for the size of the town but we need the floating fans to stay loyal and not drift away as has been the case.

The ride has been fantastic but without continued support from the Blackburn public we'll not continue down the same road. That's a shame because if I felt we'd done one thing over the past 14yrs it was secure a fan base that would support the club whatever the circumstances for the foreseeable future. That support has dwindled for many reasons but we need them to return as it will help us survive in the Premiership.

Look no further than the Blackburn public for continued support, that's where our future lies and the sooner people realise that the better.

the incoming manager has to get rid of and will get rid of deadwood, there is no doubt about it and they will have to be replaced unless we some how bring the youth through and get lucky.

Who would you class as deadwood?

The team we have at the moment, i would class as one of the best we have had in a long time (1995+). I also think that the side we currently have is as good as the other 14 teams in the premiership. The side is finally showing some stability and hopefully players will be playing in their right positions.

To be honest i dont think we need to bring many fresh faces in, in January, but just wait for Rovers to prove me wrong yet again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.