Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investment In Our Club

Hughesy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know anyone who is involved.

There was a snippet on Reuters Newswire that was perhaps suggesting some sort of investment from the M East. Some other Rovers fan (allegedly) has mentioned it on other sites.

The Rovers fan in particular remains unnamed but claims to be a consultant agent !

personally I think its crud and that it has no foundation. I seriously think that it is going back to that proposed link pre season !

Anyhow unless a miracle happens theres nowt doing (IMO) dry.gif

Before the stadium got redeveloped, didn't Jack Walker research the possibilities of a new ground being built which would have easier access for out of town fans. At the time I hated the idea of leaving a ground with such memories and heritage. But they were thinking of relocating to somewhere near the Whitebirk Industrial estate weren't they?

If the ground was relocated in a position where the catchment area would be better for attracting new fans, and easier to access for out of town fans with motorway links like Boltons ground or Wigans?

I know the cash isn't there to do this now, and it's an unpopular choice but when I saw the stadium at Wigan for the first time it made me wish that it was as easy to get a space at Ewood to park up and stroll into the ground.

Bloody residents only parking has lost a lot of supporters I'll bet huh.gif

Edited by booth

If the ground was relocated in a position where the catchment area would be better for attracting new fans, and easier to access for out of town fans with motorway links like Boltons ground or Wigans?

Bloody residents only parking has lost a lot of supporters I'll bet huh.gif

Hang on booth! Junction 4 of the M65 is only about 3/4 of a mile away. How easy do you want it to be? btw am I alone in wondering just how much influence old JW exerted to get the M65 to follow the brown route?

Parking is a difficult one. Any assistance from the Labour council that has been nothing short of pathetic! It's obvious that the local residents must have some sort of priority to park outside their homes (even if they did know full well that they were buying a cheap house cos it's near to a football ground). But the council has done absolutely ferk all constructive to provide parking for a Premier league team. In fact the most significant action by the council was to stupidly put a gypsy camp and a skid pan on the biggest car park that we had! How thick was that? withstupid.gif

Every time there is a cause for celebration the smarmy bstrads throw a civic reception to celebrate with the team, but how many supporters ever get invited to that eh?.........even though it's they who pay for the team, the council and the free blasted junket! mad.gif

Why they do not represent us as they should is a bludy scandal! We have the best support of any Prem club from within the town. Fact! So why do the council continually place obstacles and objections in the way of BRFC rather than actually providing support and assistance? Have they even now got a long standing grudge / vendetta against the biggest capitalists that this town ever produced? Because the lack of recognition for the achievements of the Walker Bros in benefitting Blackburn and it's citizens is so pointed that it is scandalous! (Barbara Castle Way ffs!)

Maybe we should select a few Indo-Pakistani's in the first team squad and then the council would have to bend over backwards to help out and finally embarrass Jack Straw into arranging for Fred Walker to become 'Lord Fred' to boot. huh.gif

Edited by thenodrog

Dead right, booth.

There are loads of places to park in Horwich and Wigan.

Each year the scum of Blackburn council increase resident only areas and double yellows.

I park off Heys Lane and do not object to not parking outside homes where residents might park.

However, many resident only zones are where the houses have drives and where you never see any on road parking.

At this rate I reckon I will be parking on Tockholes road within a few years as the area outside ? Moorlands school has just been double yellowed.

At this time I doubt I will be fit enough to waddle to Ewood from there!

It is only one factor but it will contribute to stopping new fans attending.

At least when we get relegated then there will be no problem parking.

Blackburn council do not give a damn.

You can charge away fans up to and including the highest priced ticket for a home fan, that is anywhere in the ground.

You can only charge away fans the same as you do for home fans for a comparable seat, IIRC.

You couldn't for example, stick the away fans in the Riverside Outer and charge them the JW Central Upper price.

Dead right, booth.

There are loads of places to park in Horwich and Wigan.

Each year the scum of Blackburn council increase resident only areas and double yellows.

I park off Heys Lane and do not object to not parking outside homes where residents might park.

However, many resident only zones are where the houses have drives and where you never see any on road parking.

At this rate I reckon I will be parking on Tockholes road within a few years as the area outside ? Moorlands school has just been double yellowed.

At this time I doubt I will be fit enough to waddle to Ewood from there!

It is only one factor but it will contribute to stopping new fans attending.

At least when we get relegated then there will be no problem parking.

Blackburn council do not give a damn.

Has anyone used the carparks surrounding Ewood. We decided enough was enough a few years ago, and decided to pay for a space. Great, we thought as we crawled towards Ewood in the jam-packed roads.

And after the match we got back in the car. Then we had to wait, because they'd filled the carpark up with too many cars and we were blocked in about 5 deep. Then we had to wait for the coaches. All the coaches. So we waited, and waited, and waited.

Then when we got out we spent an hour getting from Ewood Park to Uncle Jacks pub.

If we waited any longer it'd be match-day again.

On the subject of investment, I was talking about it the other day to my mate who used to be Ken Beamish's assistant in the PR dept. He reminded me of the day that Jack Walker let the club know of his illness. Ken Beamish (allegedly) said that if anything happened to Jack, all the financial interest would go because his eldest son (who the responsibilities were passed onto) wasn't interested in the Rovers at all - or football for that matter. His daughter apparently is Rovers-mad. - stick her in charge!

Anyone else know anything about this??? If it's true or not? My mate swears that KB said this to him and a few of the girls in the PR office. I didn't believe him at the time because I thought that JW would pass the responsibilities to someone who like him, was Rovers through and through.

out of town fans with motorway links like Boltons ground or Wigans?

You must be joking about Wigan - it is one of the worst towns for getting and out of - the road network is even worse than Blackburn especially on matchdays.

Bolton is not too bad but there is too much other stuff going on around at the same time which increase the traffic levels.

As for the finanical interest - I seem to remember reading something about this but it wasn't just the Rovers they where referring to - and anyway the consortium of the Jersey Trust is what everything has to go through I do believe for all his business/financial interests.

On the subject of investment, I was talking about it the other day to my mate who used to be Ken Beamish's assistant in the PR dept. He reminded me of the day that Jack Walker let the club know of his illness. Ken Beamish (allegedly) said that if anything happened to Jack, all the financial interest would go because his eldest son (who the responsibilities were passed onto) wasn't interested in the Rovers at all - or football for that matter. His daughter apparently is Rovers-mad. - stick her in charge!

Anyone else know anything about this??? If it's true or not? My mate swears that KB said this to him and a few of the girls in the PR office. I didn't believe him at the time because I thought that JW would pass the responsibilities to someone who like him, was Rovers through and through.

Ken doesn't work in the PR department, he's commercial manager. And there isn't actually a PR department at the club, it is outsourced. I'm the closest thing to a PR person at the club I suppose blink.gif .

Jack Walker has more than one son, his daughter is married to Richard Matthewman, who is the Vice Chairman of the club.

it might have generated interest, but it hasn't earned them any money.

Oh and the Beer company is from Thailand

I mean like that area, not necessarily China. The interest is there from the far east. The last sponsor was chinese and now its from Thailand.

Everton signed the two chinese lads and got big intrest from China too, now they are sponsered by a chinese company.

So who do you foresee as sponsors name on our shirts? "Khyber Caf"? smile.gif

Aslong as they could offer us a good financial deal i couldnt give a monkeys

on a slightly different note.

sparky mentioned something in the press conference about working with the current players until january transfer window.

I wonder if any funds have been made available to him?

Also - wonder how much compensation we got paid from newcastle and if any of that will go to strengthening the 1st team ?

There were rumours that we recieved around the same as what we have had to pay for Sparky in comp so its not going to make any difference to our transfer kitty. However we have reduced our wages considerably. Im sure Sparky is on less than Souness was too.

Sorry to divert the Asian debate gents. Meanwhile, back at this parking lark.

I've got a work colleague who has been to a few games at Ewood (even though he follows Everton). He's from Manchester and usually brings along a mate or two. Last time he came here though, it took him almost an hour to get out of Darwen Vale School car park after the game. He's not too keen to attend another game cos of that.

Convenient parking might not make a difference of thousands to our gates, but it would help. Come on you locals, get the council sorted out wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.