BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

PLEASE NOT Strachan - just remember what he did at Coventry. He had a long spell as boss and he got them relegated and bought wasters like Delgado, Chala and Zuniga.

I have the man - Luigi Del Neri ex-Porto/Chievo supremo. He got sacked before his spell at Porto had begun for political reasons. At Chievo he worked wonders to get a modest team into the UEFA cup. Crucially, for me anyway, he's an advocate of attacking football - with wingers (one reason why the likes of Micky Adams and Neil Warnock would be disastrous for their love of the long ball).

Recently, he was cleared of match-fixing allegations - and I don't see, if that's the case, why his reputation should be tarnished.

It's a risk but because he's out of a job, there'd be no compensation. I would like either Dowie or Curbishley to take the job but I doubt they'd make the move.

That leaves Paul Jewell or Paul Sturrock (of course) with Jimmy Quinn, in an assistant role (Shrewsbury) as my other suggestions.

Edited by rover6

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for Lee grooby.

He's got to be better than some Italian noddy-head, Mike Newell, Steve McMahon, a dream combo of Kenny and Alan ("oh! Alan! My Alan!" etc etc), Paul Jewell, Stan Turnout, and every other numpty that's been mentioned.

Hey, let's get Colin Hendry in as defensive coach! Because he was a good defender for us! D'oh!

Houllier! Surely Rovers aren't daft enough to appoint a manager who was a failure at Liverpool and has all the baggage that goes with having a heart condition...... huh.gif

I think it is bladder conditions that tend to come with baggage?!?

My choice would be Paul Jewell, a good, proven manager who has his teams playing watchable football. Wales have ultimately achieved little under Hughes despite some impressive performances. When the result really mattered though his team bottled it. Graham would be a good shout as he has won all there is domestically and succeeded in Europe although I'd rather not have a man of his previously dubious character in charge of our club.

It needs to be a decision made soon though. Just no good assistant/rubbish manager this time though please. An appointment from abroad could be likely and maybe not a bad idea. The club needs a new direction. A more attack-minded manager is, however, a must if ever the crowds are to come back to Ewood.

It doesn't matter who we get, they will never have the same success as Souness.

We need somebody that can employ the same passing game as the man himself. Can Newell do this? Strachan? Wilkinson, Houllier, Robson? no.

If you want to avoid relegation, bring in Houllier for me - one thing i think he will do is bring strength to our defense, but say goodbye to exciting football for a long, long time guys.

There is only one choice when it comes to Rovers' greatest caretaker manager ever.

I wonder if TP has a better chance of becoming the manager on a permanent basis this time?

Interesting to read Mike Newell so firmly throwing his hat into the ring.

He might be the new caretaker manager, but he doesn't look happy at getting the job, does he?

user posted image

I vote for Lee grooby.

He's got to be better than some Italian noddy-head, Mike Newell, Steve McMahon, a dream combo of Kenny and Alan ("oh! Alan! My Alan!" etc etc), Paul Jewell, Stan Turnout, and every other numpty that's been mentioned.

Hey, let's get Colin Hendry in as defensive coach! Because he was a good defender for us! D'oh!

Is there anyone in the world you would be happy with Bryan or are you just moaning for the sake of it?

Is Brian McClair in management?

Oh bloody hell no!!

When he and Kidd were at Rovers, the academy was pretty much neglected. From when my bro was at the academy, he wasn't rated very highly at all as a coach.

I'll start putting my coat on now, cause i know you're all going to think i am mad, but i really do want houllier. Reasons? Well, Lets look at whos around for the job shall we?...

1. Venables, no thanks - he might be a good coach, but i really dont think he is motivated by football anymore, its money with el tel, and i bascially dont trust him.

2. The scotish midget (Gordon Strachen), Again, i dont trust him, i dont think he is as good as some say, and i expect he is holding out for berti vogts's job anyhow.

3. The unprovens. People like mike newell and mark hughes, could be a decent choice, they could be the next big thing... But personally i am not willing to gamble the fate of rovers premiership status on someone who "might" make it.

Houllier failed at liverpool , that is the main reason that most people are saying "please not him".

But look at what consituted failure to liverpool... not winning the league, lets face it, i dont expect blackburn to be in the running for the league for a very long time (if ever again in my life time), but look at what houlier did get at liverpool, a LOAD of cups, and some trips in to europe...

I dont want us to gamble our premiship status, ever.. as souey once said, going back down would be a disaster for this club. houllier IMO is a safe bet, he would keep us up, make us a solid team, and would at least give us i expect a few runs in the cups. I think he is the safe choice, sorry for being my safe, but you know, i like watching rovers in the top flight. just as a side note, houllier does give youth a chance.

i've got my coat, i'll leave now, before that brick that abbey is holding hits me in the face... wink.gif heh.

Rich. (AKA Richy)..

Edited by Rich

Wales boss Mark Hughes has been installed as 11/2 favourite by Hills to become the next permanent manager of Blackburn Rovers.

The postion became vacant on Monday after Graeme Souness revealed that he was leaving Ewood Park to take over at Newcastle.

Wigan boss Paul Jewell and former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier are 6/1 joint second favourites ahead of 7/1 Gordon Strachan and 9/1 Mike Newell, the former Rovers striker now in charge at Luton Town.

Hills also offer: 12/1 Kenny Dalglish, David O'Leary, Dean Saunders and Alan Shearer; 14/1 George Graham, David Moyes, Tony Parkes; 20/1 Glenn Hoddle, Terry Venables; 25/1 Bryan Robson, Sir Clive Woodward 33/1 Colin Hendry, Sir Bobby Robson; 40/1 Sam Allardyce.

"We were far from surprised to see Souness leave Blackburn for Newcastle after seeing a flurry of bets for him on Monday morning which slashed his odds to 4/7 favourite, but it looks unlikely that the current managerial merry-go-round has slowed down just yet," said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe.

I've heard Dalglish is coming wink.gif

Please not Houllier, the amount of cash he wasted at Liddypool was shocking.

Souness only really made two big errors, Grabbi and Yorke, the money spent of those doesn't even add up to Houllier's biggest one, Diouf.

12/1 on Saunders? Hahhahahaha - I hope he's not still there.

25/1 - Bryan Robson, bet we pick him (didn't say we should, said we would).

Edited by Bryan

Mike Newell has stated that he is flattered to be linked with the job and he would jump at the chance to take it.

The argument is that he is unproven but with his incredible record this season i'd personally be ecstatic he he got the job. Dowie and Bruce used to be young, unproven managers but look what they've done! Newell has all the tell-tale signs of being a great manager. Respectability and a high win ratio at every club his managed. He can also still kick a ball and is a good role model for stead, gallagher, garner, derbyshire etc.

His also the best of the possible appointments although i rate strachan higher i doubt he'll ever step foot near the club. I'm expecting a press release from him this afternoon stating he doesn't want the job.

Its time to spark memories of the golden age at blackburn 10 years after we won the title.

Pipe Dreams:

Hitzfield: Were he to sign you wouldn't hear from me for months as i would be too busy trolling the Newcastle message boards baiting Geordies

O'Neill: If he were going to come south he would have come for the Liverpool job.

Decent Choice:

Strachan: Because we need someone who can motivate the team to win now...never mind this "building" ###### while we are in the relegation zone. Plus he is something of a disciplinarian which would help our team (let's not forget who the majority of players were signed by)