• Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Bowen probably as assistant

Dad Jim taking over Radio Rovers ?

Innn One, An American goalie who has been outstanding previous matches and a banker for man of the match

Innn two, An Australian defender who may be joining Souness in January and guaranteed to produce stray passes

etc - I think that could work

I'd say i'm happy on the whole, it will be intresteing to see what sort of formation he will be using. As far as i'm aware he was using big john hartson upfront with giggs and bellamy playing slightly behind to get onto any flick on's through balls etc.

I'm happy we have gone for a young manager as i'd rather us try a new untried (at this level anyhows) manager than one thats tried and useless (i'm looking at you Houllier and Advocat <sp?>). It also seems Sparky has the lads on his side with regards Wales, I mean Savage in his 442 coloum is always banging on about him.

Souness I felt was only ever gonna be good for a couple of seasons before he would lose the dressing room (so to speak anyhows), his discipline was what was needed to get us out of the 1st division and establishing us as a premiership side (although he neraly cocked that one up)

I've said no. I'm not totally against the appointment, but I just feel that the gulf in experience between Souness and Hughes is eventually going to tell. I am mentally prepared for relegation now. Anything other will be a huge bonus. I hope I can eat my words.

Edited by Shaddy

I've been completely undecided about Hughes taking over ever since he was first linked. One day I'm feeling positive and think he'll do a good job, the next I'm worried about his lack of experience and can see parallels with Brian Kidd.

It's certainly a gamble by the board. If the rumoured short-list is to be believed then the other two candidates on it were much more experienced. And Hughes has definately got a tough, tough job. Our team lacks flair, pace, power and creativity and no amount of coaching is going to change that between now and January.

Hughes has shown with Wales though that he can get the best out of players and a team. The Welsh players all seem to love him and they certainly don't lack passion and committment.

I guess I'm hopeful but not delighted - fairly pleased but not ecstatic. Hughes could turn out to be brilliant, he could turn out to be rubbish. We'll have to wait and see.

By some distance my third choice out of the main 3 behind Strachan and Dowie . Very much in the "wait and see" camp ; I've still a bad feeling about this Rovers team and just wonder if Hughes can motivate them enough . One thing's for certain - he can only improve on the recent rubbish we've seen.

Afraid I'm in Phils camp on this one. Footballing history is littered with unproven ex-players turned managers (Blackpool huh.gif ). Most worrying by far is that he is supposedly the players choice! sad.gif

I obviousy wish him well though and I hope that I am proven well wrong. In fact nothing would give me greater pleasure because if he fails then our days in the Prem will be consigned to the hstory books. Much will depend on his choice of assistants.......(ST anybody?)

But I just have to wonder exactly how many on here from the pro Hughes corner would have wanted him if he had never played for BRFC? huh.gif

I'm reasonably pleased but I think he's going to have a very tough job reversing the recent decline and getting the most of a largely idle playing staff. Re-establishing the players' belief in themselves will be a major test and not something that will sorted out very quickly.

I think we should all make extra special effort to sing that bit louder on Saturday and make the commitment to slap the first dissenting voice on the terraces.

This should also show the boys at Sky what a good and tempting job being the manager of Rovers is. For Hughes to leave the relative security of his previous job, one which he was very proud to be doing, says that there is obviously a reason to be at Ewood Park.

While the appointment is not likely to set the world on fire the alternatives could've been disasterous. Names like Hoddle, Houllier, Gregory, Reid etc were raised as potential replacements so i think Hughes is a fine choice and i will give him my full support.

Christ!! Wanklers of the world unite or what??

He might well be good, he might be sheeyte.

Asking folk here the question " Mark Hughes - Good Choice " is a bit like asking a tank full of goldfish if they want to remain in the E.U. or not.

Our fans have been feurklingler useless recently...

Crapler at supporting the team, attending games and in their opinions...

SHUT YER FACES!! WE HAVE A NEW MANAGER - name of MARK HUGHES!!

If he is no good then we are premiership history.

If he is brilliant then it is no skill of ours.

Sink or swim he is our manager.

THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE...

GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND THE MANAGER...

STOP PONTIFICATING....

WE ARE STAYING UP...SAY WE ARE STAYING UP..

BELIEVE..........

Quite pleased with the appointment. I din't really have a 1st choice, either Sparky, Strachan or maybe Graham would have done for me. It is a big risk, but he is an up and coming manager ready to pitt his witts against the best. Much more confident about Saturday now anyway, weve gotta get some points during our honeymoon period.

Im relatively happy.

I think the players will begin to play and "fight" again,something they havent done at all this season,and they only did it for a handful of games last year from the Fulham away game onwards,when relegation was staring us in the face.

I think he can get the best out of the players offensively.Defensively,hmm that has to be seen.