1. 1. Are you happy with the Mark Hughes appointment

• Yes - He was my first choice
    • Yes
    • Undecided
    • No
    • Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

Mark Bowen to leave for WBA?

"Mark Hughes has played down reports Mark Bowen is set for West Bromwich Albion Football Club.

It had been speculated that the Blackburn Rovers assistant manager was set to replace the sacked Bryan Robson at the Hawthorns, yet this has been played down by the Ewood Park chief.

"I've spoken to him about it, but it's pure speculation. I've spoken to him about the situation and it won't be going any further," said Hughes, who hopes to take the Lancashire side through to the Uefa Cup group stages on Thursday."

Any truth in this? :unsure:

This is why I recommended Hughes and his team receive commission on team performance and transfer dealings. The Kuqi / Bellamy profits should provide some lucre for the managemant team to keep em both happy and alert.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I recommended Hughes and his team receive commission on team performance and transfer dealings. The Kuqi / Bellamy profits should provide some lucre for the managemant team to keep em both happy and alert.

I agree with rover6 that this sounds like a fast way to bad deals. You are saying that you are giving the coaching staff rewards for making a net profit on transfer dealings, which could lead to us selling a few of our big players faster than we had planned.

It is all becoming clear, 'drog works in a toilet factory and judges others by his own standard.

Thought I'd throw in my two penneth, again. Now many of you know that I was not at all keen on the appointment of Sparky, dead set against it as a matter of fact.

Just to let you lot know how good I am at spotting managerial talent my first choice at the time just got sacked this week. Worthington was the bloke I thought best to take Rovers forward. Should I sign up for some form of counselling?

• 1 month later...

Gamst seems to be undroppable in the mind of Hughes. Despite looking knackered and out of form he kept his place despite Peter having looked promising for some time. Then he injured a rib yet still plays!

Give Peter a chance for crying out loud and let MGP have a little while to nurse himself back to full fitness. We've been told by some that if the Academy had produced anybody with promise they would have had the chance. They have in Peter yet Hughes still won't give him a start. It only makes sense to allow him a chance to show what he can do while Pedersen gets back to full fitness.

I'm not suggesting we should listen to waggy (if he was still around) and just "throw in the kids" but Hughes does seem very reluctant to trust any player who hasn't already been in the team. That kind of philosophy is how Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger really thrive, they do give their youth a chance to sink and swim. You could say in response that it is because their youngsters are far better but that would ignore the reality which has seen many they have tried being not up to it but at least they were given the opportunity.

Give Peter a chance Sparky, at least until MGP is back to full fitness.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

FLB, Ive not seen any of the current reserve side, that are ready for the step up to premier league standard.

Which is a worrying factor. :(

It is worrying but ultimately you never know until they are given the chance on the big stage. I'd suggest that with MGP unfit that Peter should be given that chance.

It is worrying but ultimately you never know until they are given the chance on the big stage. I'd suggest that with MGP unfit that Peter should be given that chance.

Truth is FLB, Peter has looked no better than Gamst.

• 1 month later...

Just to panic everyone who is feeling good about yesterday's result, can't have that can we, I wanted to raise a question. Given Mourinho's "difficulties" at Chelsea if he was to get canned or leave do you think Chelsea would be interested in Sparky or would Roman want a sexier name, someone who has been around a bit more?

For some reason this just hit me today hearing of Jose's whinings, I thought jeez we've all been thinking Sparky might buggar off to Utd what if Chelsea was our main worry. He did play there.

Edited by USABlue

Just to panic everyone who is feeling good about yesterday's result, can't have that can we, I wanted to raise a question. Given Mourinho's "difficulties" at Chelsea if he was to get canned or leave do you think Chelsea would be interested in Sparky or would Roman want a sexier name, someone who has been around a bit more?

For some reason this just hit me today hearing of Jose's whinings, I thought jeez we've all been thinking Sparky might buggar off to Utd what if Chelsea was our main worry. He did play there.

Rumour has it Avram Grant, the Israeli coach, has been lined up for the job.

Sparky had an odd history with Chelsea. I was talking to some Chelsea fans about this very thing yesterday, and they seemed to think that there's no chance of that. By the same token, I talked to a Manchester ex-pat who seemed to think that Hughes isn't the first choice to replace Sir Alex, either, so...

The good thing about the Prem being the richest league in the world is that if Chelski/Mancs/Arse/Lpool call, any Manager in the World will go running.

On that basis, even though Rafa clearly still hasn't worked out what the Prem is about, I guess Champs League achievements and spending big budgets well are going to be more important on the CV than what Sparky is doing at Ewood.

I agree with jonesy- Sparky is doing a fantastic job at Ewoodand the immediate prospects are extremely exciting.

I was actually surprised over Christmas to talk to some United fans who didn't even consider Hughes to be in the running. They thought he wasn't nearly a big enough name and that when Ferguson goes that it is most likely that a foreign manager will be brought in.

I was actually surprised over Christmas to talk to some United fans who didn't even consider Hughes to be in the running. They thought he wasn't nearly a big enough name and that when Ferguson goes that it is most likely that a foreign manager will be brought in.

And what had RFW done prior to joining Manure? Played for Dunfermline and Rangers. Then he managed Aberdeen and made them into a good side by Scottish standards. Next stop: Old Trafford!!

And what had RFW done prior to joining Manure? Played for Dunfermline and Rangers. Then he managed Aberdeen and made them into a good side by Scottish standards. Next stop: Old Trafford!!

What really showed what he could do was winning a European trophy with Aberdeen...now if Sparky manages that for us it would nicely soften the blow should he leave. :tu: