• Undecided
    • No
    • Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my first choice but im delighted at the appointment. Despite what some people have been saying he has done a great job at Wales when you look at his resources (bellamy and Giggs apart). Also happy because it shows that rovers have some pulling power and he must think that he can turn our current situation around as he has been linked to nearly every vacant position in the last couple of years. COME ON SPARKY!

He was my first choice (although I think the only comment I made on the new manager thread was to advocate Joe Royle unsure.gif ) as he's a battler, a grafter and above all commands respect. Just the kind of person we need in charge at the present time. Bring on Pompey!

Chesh - I don't think Hughes played under Cruyff...wasn't it Venables he played under at Barca?

I thought it was Cruyff that signed him just before he was relaced by Sir Bobby. Venables took over after he had gone back to the red scum.

I might be wrong, but I think he left Barce in '87 and Venables joined in '88.

Either way, neither of them were tactical mugs.

I'm going to support the manager whomever it is, but I just can't seem to get past Wales 2 - 2 Northern Ireland. Hopefully he has a good eye for talent and can unearth some gems. Hopefully he has good assistants who can get the most out of said gems.

"Got my own ideas of players I want to bring in"

Obviously thinks theres a load of rubbish, not fit to wear the shirt.

....not that we didnt know that anyway

"... get an idea of the backroom team in the next couple of days..."

this is of utmost importance. Soness' major downfall was his back room staff and their amateur training regimes.

Dean Saunders as head coach ffs. WTF could he have told Cole and Yorke about being being a striker. They were both a different class to him in their hey days

when asked if the current squad was better than the one when he played for us Sparky pondered & then made comments about having to use the players he has at present & will be looking to bring new players in...

lets hope he can work some "out of contract" magic!

tinykit.gif

For those who know him better than i do... do you think he will give more confidence to our young players than Souey? I dream about Gally & Steadinho up front. And the Academy is plenty of future stars...

My impression of mark Hughes is of a quiet and decent man. I would hope he will understand the stress and strain on these younger players, recognise their potential and bring them into the team. I don't doubt a little "fatherly" advice will be dispensed if any of them should wander off the rails. Stead, Gally must get a chance, IMO.

this is of utmost importance. Soness' major downfall was his back room staff and their amateur training regimes.

Dean Saunders as head coach ffs. WTF could he have told Cole and Yorke about being being a striker. They were both a different class to him in their hey days

This would lead me to believe that, during negotiations, Mr Williams has suggested that there may be funds available for new players.

I thought emphasis would probably be on Hughes getting more out of the players he already has.

I'd like one of his backroom team to be significantly more experienced to provide him with guidance/advice if required.

This would lead me to believe that, during negotiations, Mr Williams has suggested that there may be funds available for new players.

I thought emphasis would probably be on Hughes getting more out of the players he already has.

I'd like one of his backroom team to be significantly more experienced to provide him with guidance/advice if required.

Bryan Robson anyone ?

Has he said whether Bowen is coach or assistant manager ?

Very happy with Hughes' appointment.....role on Saturday. It might even make a few of the glory hunters come back down to Ewood and watch ?

Having read through most of the posts on this thread, I am not alone in thinking that he will give it 110% and that his inexperience in managing a premier league team will not hinder him in any way, as managers such as Coleman and Curbishley have already proved. Have to also agree that people like Hoddle, Graham and Venables are out of work for a reason....Give Hughesy a chance !!!

I don't want to repeat what others have already said, but he has worked with top class managers all his life and will have taken all the positives from that. Giggs to me sums up the whole Wales thing...he never wanted to play for Wales until Hughesy took over. Hughesy has made him want to play and, most importantly, to believe...plus he also got Giggs' respect !

Good luck Hughesy and welcome back to Ewood Park. I wish you all the best and will be 110% behind you to succeed and get Rovers back on track.

I ticked the yes option as he wasn't my first choice.Having said that I don't really know who my first choice would have been.

Like others I'm a little apprehensive about the appointment with part of me fearing another Kidd type scenario.

However as he is now the Rovers manager he has my full support and I wish him all the best because my god we are gonna need it with the squad he's inherited.

Bryan Robson may make a good coach, not too sure just reminds me of Kidd and McClair I suppose.

The one thing with Robson is that he has managed in the Premiership before so might be able to offer advice to Hughes.

To be honest I don't really rate Robson, not sure why but just don't really want him at the club.