BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Good An Opportunity

Alan75

At this mornings press conference Mark Hughes admitted the opportunity to join Rovers was too good to turn down.

"I am delighted to be here," he said. "It was an opportunity I couldn't afford to let pass by.

"It was important at this stage of my career to make a move and this was the right time for me."

Hughes added: "It is a club I know, I know the people here. They had an indication of what I can offer as well, they have obviously seen my work.

"I made a lot of friends here and that maybe had an influence on the selection process."

Hughes has signed a three-year contract with Rovers, but will remain in charge of Wales for their next two games.

Hughes confirmed that Wales assistant coach Mark Bowen would be joining him in the same capacity to Ewood Park.

tinykit.gif

Like the majority of Rovers supporters, I'm pleased to welcome Mark Hughes OBE as the new manager of Rovers.

As a player Hughes quickly showed star quality when he emerged on the scene at Man U. often with spectacular goals but more so by his presence, that blended body strength with footballing ability. As many an opposition defender will testify, Hughes was not a one to shirk a challenge, and was prepared to give and take and on occasions the Celtic blood would rise in his determination to win.

Whilst on the field he resembled the dragon of his national flag, off the field he is quite the opposite, a quietly spoken man, a deep thinker and very articulate. Yet despite his quiet demeanour he oozes charisma, ensuring all within ear shot hang on every word.

This is now the dawn of a new era at Ewood, the Rovers players have already expressed that they were in favour of his appointment and hopefully they will show that they want to be part of Hughes plan when they take on Portsmouth. And hopefully those supporters who dropped away during the latter stages of the previous manager’s reign will return to give Hughes a welcomed return to Ewood on Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.