BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bournemouth

Paul

To date we haven't been able to contact anyone from Bournemouth for a pre-match preview. I've searched around on the web a little for some links and information on a club I know nothing about.

I've been looking forward to Wednesday for weeks and now that Hughesy is with us I feel there should be lots of interest in this game. Why am I excited?

• Our Tom will be mascot
  • We could win this cup - it's the Carling Cup this year smile.gif
  • Hughesy's first real opportunity to tinker with the team and look at the fringe players
Bournemouth are 18th in League One with 11 points from 9 games. They seem to have had an indifferent start to the season. losing their first game and then drawing the next two. The Cherries then went on to win three on the bounce, followed by three straight defeats. Yesterday's 1-0 victory at Hillsborough beiong their first win since August 28th.

Match report from official Cherries site - if you are registered with rovers.co.uk use the same log in details for this site

I've had brief look at one some independent sites plus the usual rivals.net stuff etc. and it seems this match is not creating a great deal amongst the Bournemouth faithful! Hmmmmm.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, the game ive been so looking forward to is around the corner. Honestly, i can't wait, for the following reasons:-

a.) A chance of a sub 10k crowd. Whooo

b.) No more then 500 bournmouth fans.

c.) A cold wet wednesday night.

d.) Lose lose situation for Hughes and Blackburn

e.) And finally the dingles have a crap draw and i wanted them in the next round.

In all seriousness, desipte the above sarcasim i would like to see Stead play, perhaps grab a couple to boost his confidence and then play Jansen and Boythroyd up front together. Also continue MGP addaption to the english league. Rest Dickov, Emerton, bazza and a couple of others. Oh yeh play gally also.

Easy win 3-0 to the Rovers

Reading some of the comments on their message boards it would appear some Bounemouth fans are expecting a 25,000 crowd due to the 'hughes factor' ....JHC ARE THEY IN FOR A BIG LET DOWN!!!! sad.gif

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=536365475

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Well it doesnt suprise me. No disrespect to Bournemouth or the new manager. Clubs have treated the early rounds of this competition as a run out for the reserves for so long that people are not prepared to pay out hard earned cash.

Anyone who knows me, knows where my loyalties lie but I havent bought a ticket. I will decide on the day and it will depend on the weather and what vibes the club give out between now and Wednesday.

My wife says we should go - 4002?

4004. I went to get mine after the Pompey game (I resent the £2 phone booking fee) but there was a long queue .... so I went in Blues until it died down .... and left it too long smile.gif . So I'll order mine in the morning.

3 of our family are going - have relocated to Jack Walker upper as the family stand is closed - at least there should not be too much of a queue for the chips.

As for the game - I would like to see de Pedro have a run out with Bothroyd / Stead up front - a goal would do wonders for his confidence.

I think the feel good factor of Hughes' arival and our first win will certainly help the attendance. I wasn't sure I was going to bother (cue abuse wink.gif ) but after Saturday and at £10 I'm a definate.

I reckon we'll get 8,500 on.

Oh, and we'll win 2-0.

Not that it makes much difference but Mr Roversmum and I are going. (booked tickets last week so are part of the 4000...) Hope the woman who sits behind me doesn't go as she does nothing but moan. Female version of Victor Meldrew mad.gif

Looking forward to seeing who MH wheels out.

Still trying to persuade Mr Roversmum that a trip to Blackpool tomorrow night will do him good huh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.