SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bournemouth

Paul

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game has come at perfect timing for us.

It gives Mark Hughes and his team abit more time to get there ideas across and also to try new things out as the opposition isnt in the same class as we are used to each week.

I would like to see gally and Jay Bothroyd both given a run out.

I would also like to see him try Nissa and Amo in the centre and also possibly look at letting Jay McEveley have a go at left back.

I've been looking forward to Wednesday for weeks and now that Hughesy is with us I feel there should be lots of interest in this game.

I always used to look forward to any game at ewood park, even the minor cup games - anything.

These last couple of seasons, for the first time in my life, it got to be a chore. I know I've been slated on here for this, but all the talk from Souness about survival being the only important thing and that cup competitions can only hamper that survival, really does get to people.

It's been repeated over and over again for 2/3 years now and it get's through to people. It get's into the mindset of fans, players and everyone at the club. It becomes very difficult to be positive about anything.

How wonderful to hear Hughes saying that we're about to embark on an adventure. It will take a long time but hopefully this kind of approach will push the players that little bit harder and give them and the fans, something to target, something worthwhile to aim for. Even to win a cup. smile.gif

There's been a lot of suggestions as to why attendances have fallen for the past couple of seasons, but the truth is it's because of the complete lack of ambition to do anything but to do the same again.

Thank god Souey's gone. I hope he tries to tell the Geordies that cup competitions aren't important, but I don't think he's brave enough to tell them, that.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this game. It should be very interesting, in it's own way.

It gives Mark Hughes and his team abit more time to get there ideas across and also to try new things out as the opposition isnt in the same class as we are used to each week.

I would also like to see him try Nissa and Amo in the centre and also possibly look at letting Jay McEveley have a go at left back.

I doubt that McEveley will play because he is playing in the reserve match tonight.

I doubt that McEveley will play because he is playing in the reserve match tonight.

Would like to see McEveley tried at centre half. Could be the new Ian Pearce. Gray to stay at left back.

I always used to look forward to any game at ewood park, even the minor cup games - anything.

These last couple of seasons, for the first time in my life, it got to be a chore.

If the last couple of seasons you've found it a chore going to cup games - does that include the run to the semi-final v Man Utd as holders of the league cup ? A chore ?? Season before last ??

Flippin eck I know almost every single thread on this board is turning into a slag-off Souness fest but let's have a reality check.

And many posts on this thread WANT Hughes to put out a load of fringe players on Wedesday night - if Souness does that it's called not taking the cup seriously.

And - for the record - the day Mark Hughes is asked the direct question "what's the priority, survival in the premier league or a cup run" what the flip do people think he's going to reply ????

These last couple of seasons, for the first time in my life, it got to be a chore.

If the last couple of seasons you've found it a chore going to cup games - does that include the run to the semi-final v Man Utd as holders of the league cup ? A chore ?? Season before last ??

Flippin eck I know almost every single thread on this board is turning into a slag-off Souness fest but let's have a reality check.

And many posts on this thread WANT Hughes to put out a load of fringe players on Wedesday night - if Souness does that it's called not taking the cup seriously.

And - for the record - the day Mark Hughes is asked the direct question "what's the priority, survival in the premier league or a cup run" what the flip do people think he's going to reply ????

Tris, I wasn't the only one finding a trip to ewood a chore [not quite the right word, but you know what I mean]. Just ask the missing 4000 fans from a couple of seasons ago.

No souness back isn't the answer.

Look at Hughes record so far as our manager

Played - 1

Won - 1

Draw - 0

Lost - 0

Goals For - 1

Goals Against - 0

Now thats a 100% win record and we've yet to conceed under the management of Mark Hughes. Souness could be the answer though if things turn sour. But not right now

The likes of Enckleman, McEvely, Gresko and De Pedro should get a run to show what they can do. I'd like to see Jansen and Bothroyd starting and Stead to come on and to try and get a goal and boost his confidence. Maybe even some of the youngsters like Fitzgerald, Donnelly and Johnson will get a game.

Tom, can you explain the Lee Hendrie fraud signature?

He's one of 2 players i've found that are complete frauds. They have got into football by some unknown route (In this case Lee Hendries father John gave him a trial at tamworth i believe and it's been up and up from then on) and have managed to stay in football even though they are shockingly bad.

In this case it's Lee 'Pyscho' Hendrie. I like to call him pyscho because he looks really mean when he gets angry.

Plus he plays for villa scum and i like to laugh at them.

The likes of Enckleman, McEvely, Gresko and De Pedro should get a run to show what they can do. I'd like to see Jansen and Bothroyd starting and Stead to come on and to try and get a goal and boost his confidence. Maybe even some of the youngsters like Fitzgerald, Donnelly and Johnson will get a game.

I think we should put our best possible team out on Wednesday night.

I am sure that the manager has his own ideas that he didn't have time to put into place before the Portsmouth game. I would think that the Bournemouth match is a good opportunity to put 'his team' out and get 90 minutes in before next Monday night.

It is also a good chance for a win and some much needed confidence.

And just as important lets take the competition seriously and get ourselves back to Cardiff!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.