BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Whats Happened To Gally?

benhben

Andresen was only on loan. He went back over the summer.

Andresen did actually get relegated yesterday, as Stabæk failed to beat title chasers Vålerenga ( thumbs-up.gif ) and ended second last. His future is unknown, he might just sign on for Vålerenga (who won 3-0 yesterday and ended up 2nd because Rosenborg has scored more goals - they both have +28 in total mad.gif ) but he will also consider staying in Stabæk according to the Norwegian media.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told by a relative of Gally that he is rather over-confident in his own ability and can often come across as bigheaded. Now im not saying that i know all the ins and outs of the current situation with him, but I just wish he'd get his act together and show Hughesy what he can do, cos i'd love to see him back in the team, because i fear that we may be closer than we realise to losing him. unsure.gif

No ... you must have misheard.

Souness was once quoted in the LET as saying Gally could be a good player so long as he didn't get his "big head on"

And it has since been proven beyond doubt that Souness only ever spoke total crap.

Seriously, I really hope that people close to Paul Gallagher can somehow get the message across. I witnessed an incident in Blues Bar late on after the Brum game which sadly indicates that he has a lot of problems to sort out.

I've been told by a relative of Gally that he is rather over-confident in his own ability and can often come across as bigheaded. Now im not saying that i know all the ins and outs of the current situation with him, but I just wish he'd get his act together and show Hughesy what he can do, cos i'd love to see him back in the team, because i fear that we may be closer than we realise to losing him.  unsure.gif

No ... you must have misheard.

Souness was once quoted in the LET as saying Gally could be a good player so long as he didn't get his "big head on"

And it has since been proven beyond doubt that Souness only ever spoke total crap.

Seriously, I really hope that people close to Paul Gallagher can somehow get the message across. I witnessed an incident in Blues Bar late on after the Brum game which sadly indicates that he has a lot of problems to sort out.

ohmy.gif surely your not gunna leave it at that Tris....

Edited by The1mattjansen

One of the rumours I heard yesterday was that Hughes does not ingeneral rate the youngsters at the club nor does he rate Gallagher.

Well that's just bloody great. Souness MK2

A rumour? So it must be true then..... huh.gif

Don't forget that in Eddie N, Mark has what must be one of the best former Reserve team coaches in the country (Arsenal, anyone?) whom, looking at the lads he has brought on, knows his stuff.

He was at our Reserve match on Wednesday last watching goings-on intently and I am certain he has been giving our Acadamy youngsters the once-over as well.

Fear not, if any of them are capable of being brought on they will be nurtured.

Edited by roversmum

Gallagher has been struggling with injuyr. He made his return to reserve action last week, in which he scored.

After this game he had an interview in thge LET where he said he was now hoping to regain full fitness and break back into the team.

Surely that tells you he is simply not yet ready and we can expect more news in the next 1 or 2 weeks.

Going of the performance of Bothroyd, stead and dickov on saturday, he may struggle to get a chance for a few weeks anyway.

One of the rumours I heard yesterday was that Hughes does not ingeneral rate the youngsters at the club 

That is a pretty ridiculous rumour.

For one I doubt Hughes would tell ANYONE at all about who he does not rate. What good does it do the management team to discuss who they don't rate? Surely they will talk about the players they see something positive in, instead of taking the negative approach? Secondly; If anything he only talks to those closest to him about these things. At this point, I doubt anyone outside the management team are privvy to such information. He hasn't exactly been here long enough to run the rule over all the youth and reserve player properly anyway.

Red herring.

I too heard on Saturday that the boss does not rate Gallagher, i understand he also does not rate Jansen .

I'm totally with Hughes here! Lets hope that early but accurate criticism motivates the pair of em enough to get their arses out of their own little personal cocooned comfort zones and fight to get in the first team squad.

Lets hope that one of the things MH learnt from the old rat-faced whinger was his motivational techniques. They have certainly stood the test of over almost 20 years in charge at MU and have incredibly survived right through the troubled Bosman, Cantona, PoshBex, Keane etc years.

Maybe roversmum can confirm, the information that I recieved from last nights reserve game.

Gally took the first goal well and got into some good positions, however on the downside he looked slow and was outpaced by the Wolves players. Also Gally was easily knocked off the ball.

The impression was that he is not fully match fit.

Can still only play 11 in a team waggy, and after last week I suggest Bothroyd and Dickov are in pole position with Djorkaef and Stead next in line.

ps Only Cloughie ever dropped in-form players for reserve team regulars.......... but what did he know about football? smile.gif

Edited by thenodrog

rover.gif i can't see any changes from last week,but he could go on the bench and be in the pecking order,afterall not all 5 subs can be used.but there are one or two who are at' the last chance saloon 'neil and dickov being two tinykit.gif

I don't know if it was the rain, but there didn't seem to be any 'buzz' about the game. Gally's goal was a peach but they all seemed ready to give up too easily. Last week they seemed much more up for it in spite of the weather.

rover.gif i can't see any changes from last week,but he could go on the bench and be in the pecking order,afterall not all 5 subs can be used.but there are one or two who are at' the last chance saloon 'neil and dickov being two tinykit.gif

Agree with you there Waggy. I'd like to see Hughes at least give himself the option of being able to bring Gally in off the bench late in the match. He did great in that role last season.

rover.gif Poodle tip: NEVER under any circumstances get that stupid, ugly, stereotypical hair cut with the balls on the feet and such for your poodle!! tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.