SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Whats Happened To Gally?

benhben

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't prejudge Dickov, according to Tris a 32 years old is too young to prejudge, a striker has to be at least 40 yrs old.

If you don't find a quote to back up that ridiculous claim, I might have to sue you .

Which would in itself be hilarious.

laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.giftinykit.gif

Please buy this book, you have needed it for years now

user posted image

but does anybody know what went on at Perugia?

Didn't he fail to dive depriving Perugia a penalty and infuriating their chairman? In which case, it's no surprise Arsenal got shot of him.

Strachan was asked about him yesturday on MOTD2 and he said bascially that Bothroyd would do something violent everyday and Gordon said he would fine him, Bothroyd apparently said it was only money and didn't care, but then Gordon said he could not play for a month and Bothroyd "cried".

I'm sure Strachan's a bit over the top, but he's a wild one

Edited by chris

I can't see why he'd get more than the automatic 3 game ban as it wasn't as though he thumped the guy or kicked him in the knee.

It's a shame that Bothroyd is such a strong player - one of the Norwich guy's kicks just before the retaliation was just as hard (with no attempt to go for the ball) but he just shrugged it off as if it was a fly. If he'd have hit the deck, the Norwich guy would have been booked, we'd probably have won the game and we wouldn't be without what looks like our only genuinely dangerous attacker for 3 crucial games.

rover.gif i can't see any changes from last week,but he could go on the bench and be in the pecking order,afterall not all 5 subs can be used.but there are one or two who are at' the last chance saloon 'neil and dickov being two tinykit.gif

Agree with you there Waggy. I'd like to see Hughes at least give himself the option of being able to bring Gally in off the bench late in the match. He did great in that role last season.

I dont really know why you 2 dislike Dickov so much as imo he has done well this season when playing off a striker. His worst games only came when he was unfairly (due to his stature) played up front on his own as a target man in a 4-5-1 formation when our defenders kept lumping the ball to him in the air. Dickov is worthy of a start simply for his never-say-die attitude.

Dickov.......... Up front on his own for the second half. Scored the equalizer on 86 mins. Richard Dinnis's MoM.

A large dollop of humble pie for you two I think. rover.gif

Yeah a goal off his shoulder against a team that have not won in th PL for 10 years, its typical Dickov really, I predicted he would score before the game as he does score sometimes you know, thats 2 points for the season his goals have earnt us, this being the most important, everybody respects his workrate, just not his overal quality, that's very clear, he's part of currently the wrose team in our league.

We are still 20th in the league, this is what happen to Rover6 last season, everytime we won which was rare, "rover6 should eat humble pie" and then we finish a few points of relegation.

MC 1 BRFC 1 (Dickov Pen earned by himself!)

Just 7 days on and more abject grovelling is required from you already Chris! withstupid.gif

Looks like you may have to get used to it. laugh.gif Lets hope so eh?

rover.gif i hold my hand up,i do not rate dickov because to me he offers very little apart from effort.there is no future in paul dickov-the future is stead and gally,when he was signed i took stick for stating my views and i will again no doubt.

Oh and I've not forgotten you waggy.......That arm must be aching fit to bust by now! laugh.gif

btw .....Still think Stead is our first choice striker? imo 'Bambi' is simply vying with Gally and Jansen for the honour of being 3rd choice.

when we are in the top 10 and he has 15 goals then I will say that selling Cole and buying Dickov was ok

but heading for down my Christmas, and a penalty, think not, but well done to Dickov he's playing to the best of his ability.

I don't think the strikers did anywhere near enough today or this season, yeah Dickov scored a penalty but he missed chances, chances that win games, chances need to be scored to avoid relegation.

But really I should be more critical of other strikers, because they are letting us down badly at the moment.

Dickov gives 100% so I don't dislike him as a person, I think he lacks that extra quality that wins games, you can disagree.

With Andy Cole we would have won today. end of

when we are in the top 10 and he has 15 goals then I will say that selling Cole and buying Dickov was ok

What do you base that tripe on? We were never in the top 10 and Cole didn't score 15 last season! dry.gif In fact Dickov scored more than Cole in a worse team.

Anyway get used to it we havn't got Cole and things will just have to move on! You may as well say we'd have won today if we had Shearer or Duff or Andy McEvoy or Fat Fred Pickering. Your attitude is a case of if my auntie had ###### and all that.

One thing I could say is that if we had 2 Dickovs in the team we would have more points but that would make me sound as silly as you.

We are still in big trouble without doubt, and Prem survival is in the balance but you are definitely pinning blame on the wrong guy.

Edited by thenodrog

Ok thenodrog, I wrong about Dickov, his goals have got us to 19th and if it was not for him we would be 20th, how silly of me to prejudge a stiker who scored 35 goals in 160 games for man city and just got relegated after a career in div and div2. How stupid of me preseason to think we may struggle this season without Cole, you have totally proven me wrong, happy now!

How many games was since we won thenodrog, how many games since a striker scored a winning goal, how many poiints do we have.

Tpyical after another draw you try and attack me but didn't have the balls to do it a couple of weeks ago when he went 8 games without a goal and we were 20th rather then a much better 19th.

My worry was that Dickov would not score enough goals to get us wins, and I look silly do I because I have been proven right but he score a penalty, ok fair enough. I don't doubt he works hard and scores some goals.

Where exactly have I been proven wrong again?

Chris, are you serious? Andy Cole misses more chances than all of our strikers combined!

Yet seemed to be building up a great understanding with Stead and

'tutor-student' kind of partnership.

Talking about players after a chance for the first team (Gally) I hear Neil Danns has returned to Ewood to force himself into the first-team, anyone think he can?

I don't think there's a place in the team for Danns, but if he can show some spark in training, who knows?

Chris, what I don't understand is why you're attacking Dickov out of all of our strikers. He's by far the best one, and he was not brought in to replace Cole. Cole left for different reasons. Dickov was originally supposed to be a sub to replace Stead or Cole, but when Cole left he stepped into the starting role and has proven that he deserves it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.