BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Asian Support

Timmy

I lived in inner City Sheffield for 14 years in an area that was 35% Asian. My son went to a school that was 48% Asian. Since moving to Blackburn I have been amazed how completely separate the two communities are compared to where I lived in Sheffield and I do think it's unhealthy.

I suggest that it can only be something to do with guidance, policies and qualities of the respective councils down the years then. huh.gif

You're right, local authority policy will have contributed to the different situations in Blackburn and Sheffield.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't have to be like it is in Blackburn. There aren't these levels of segregation everywhere that has significant Asian communities.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a football related post...can we keep it to this?

Congratulations on your self-appointed moderator status Timmy!

Tell me what problems does the ratio of IndoPaks to white caucasians cause in your neck of the woods? And may I suggest that you do your bit by bringing em all in your car to the next home match. rover.gif

Edited by thenodrog

"white caucasians"?

Can you get "black caucasians" then? Is that like a "Black Russian"?!  laugh.gif

You is talking jive, boy!

1. Caucasian •adj. (41%)

relating to or denoting a broad division of humankind covering peoples from Europe, western Asia, and parts of India and North Africa. →white-skinned; of European origin.

Sorry Brian but you must realise the sh1t that I would get into by some of the less intelligent pond life on here if (heaven forbid) I referred to White folk whose Ancestors have Lived here for Centuries as 'English'?

Maybe adopting the abbreviation WALC's is a nice pc idea? Is that OK for everybody if I use it now and again? No better still if I change 'centuries' to 'lots of years' then we can refer to ourelves as WALLY's.

Far more appropriate I think.......and given the current state of the nation a damned site more accurate! sad.gif

Edited by thenodrog

"white caucasians"?

Can you get "black caucasians" then? Is that like a "Black Russian"?!

You is talking jive, boy!

Paul mcGrath was once asked in an interview "What`s it like being Black & Irish?"

...He replied "It`s like being a pint of Guinness"

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.