BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hughes Takes Cup Seriously

Alan75

How refreshing to hear a Rovers manager state that he is taking cup competitions serious.

Mark Hughes, is quoted on the official Rovers site as saying: "When I was here as a player, we won the League Cup and it had transforming effect on our season. At that time, we were not doing too well in the league, but winning the League Cup gave everyone a real lift.

"Believe me, we will be taking it very seriously, the prize of European football at the end is too easily forgotten. As far as I am concerned, it's a very important competition. I for one, will never forget that great day at the Millennium Stadium!"

There is currently a debate on the message board forum regarding dwindling attendances at Ewood Park, with various reasons for the decline of bums on seats. One of the main reasons apart from the teams performance, was that the previous management tended to treat cup competitions as a distraction.

Comments by Hughes about taking the cup serious, is like a breath of fresh air to Rovers supporters and hopefully a good cup run will bring back the fans to Ewood Park.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.