BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First Out The Door

god

If we can get enough money to get replacements please sell:

Neill, Amoruso, Johansson (i've tried to support him, mainly on the basis of man u away a couple of seasons ago and man city away last season but i think its too late), Reid, Flitty, Tugay.

If they are not going to play surely Gresko and Douglas (4 YEAR contract, why??) and any others in the same situation should be given the boot.

And although he played ok yesterday (not magnificant as many people have said) Ferguson, I too hope the game against Brum away last season was NOT the peak of his Rovers career and would love to see him make a quality player, however i fail to see the £7million worth of quality and fail to see him dominate games in the way that Vieira or Keane may do such as we were promised, instead a see a younger Tugay, who is neat and tidy but not a complete midfielder.

Edited by laughatthedingles

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether Ferguson is worth £7m is pretty much irrelevant, it's what we had to pay to get him. He may not be in the calibre of Viera or Keane but then again if he was then we wouldn't have him and he would have cost £17m. Anyone who seriously wants rid of our best player needs to have a serious word with themselves. Neat & tidy? he was a lot more than that yesterday now wasn't he, he needs to do it more often but with the right players around him he will do.

Edited by Manchester Blue

If we can get enough money to get replacements please sell:

Neill, Amoruso, Johansson (i've tried to support him, mainly on the basis of man u away a couple of seasons ago and man city away last season but i think its too late), Reid, Flitty, Tugay, De Pedro.

And although he played ok yesterday (not magnificant as many people have said) Ferguson, I too hope the game against Brum away last season was NOT the peak of his Rovers career and would love to see him make a quality player, however i fail to see the £7million worth of quality and fail to see him dominate games in the way that Vieira or Keane may do such as we were promised, instead a see a younger Tugay, who is neat and tidy but not a complete midfielder.

The man is class. He ran the midfield yesterday and is superb at arriving late ito the box. Excellent finisher.

Do you watch the same match as the rest of us?

I acknowledge he is good going forward, but where was he when Hendrie, De la Cruz, Solano, Barry, McCann where walking through our midfield, Villa had men over all the time, fair enough Tugay wasn't following his man but this is just an example, I fail to see how he dominate's midfield, he rarely makes challenges, Flitcroft was the first midfielder to put his foot in yesterday, and he isnt good enough.

I am not argueing Ferguson is a good player, what I am saying is he is not the magnificant player some people bill him up to be, he may yet develop into this and I hope he does but he is not 'everywhere' as a keane, gerrard, vieira, would be.

Manchester Blue, Nicky Butt is at least as good as Ferguson, he only cost £2million!!

I cant believe some people, Fergie is coming back from a serious injury, yet he is still being undermined by some people.

Deserved Man of the match yesterday.

I have no arguments with what you are saying alan, I understand he is not back to his best yet however the points I am making are:

A: He is/was not worth £7million, we cannot afford to spend that on a player unless he is a world beater.

B: I dont feel he is going to be the player we all hoped, even in those four games last season, he was playing better than he had done, but he wasn't playing exceptionally, he wasn't doing what he had been billed to do, he was simply playing some sideways passes, keeping possession (ala tugay) and scored a goal against brum. He was not however running the midfield.

Surely you must all agree that for £7million we could have improved the side alot more than buying a midfielder who is good but nothing extraordinary.

I know, very weird. Matteo played at the heart of a porous, relegation bound defence last year. We of course are the ones who pick up this 'bargain', thus repeating the feat.

RD's reasoning is indeed bonkers... rolleyes.gif

He played at the heart of the defence of a team that got to the semi finals of the Champions League. Anyone would look bad next to Zoumana Camara, Roque Junior or a dead on his feet Lucas Radebe.

RoverDrake is just a moron.

Actually Leeds had Rio Ferdinand and Woodgate at centre half during their Champions League adventure. Matteo was mostly on the bench until Ferdinand left but I know what you mean.

Hmmm....I'm pretty sure Woodgate was injured then (surprise!) and Matteo ended up playing centre back - he was either playing left back or left midfield before that.

Victimisation.

A bit like you with Matteo, eh?

A: He is/was not worth £7million, we cannot afford to spend that on a player unless he is a world beater.

Rooney is a world beater and he cost £27m. We can't afford to buy world class players. If you seriously don't believe that Ferguson improves the team then I see little point discussing it to be honest. Nicky Butt is nothing like the same kind of player that Fergie is. He would be a great partner for him but alas we haven't got him but they are completely different players.

I do believe Ferguson improves the side as I said, however I am also saying that for £7million we could have improved it alot more than what buying him has done. Yes Nicky Butt is a different player but still does as much as Ferguson, Murphy cost £3, we COULD HAVE (like you could have paid more attention in school) had him and Butt for £5million and had £2million spare, that not sound better?

Sam Allerdyce would have brought in at least 5 players that would have improved the side for that money.

I know we could not sign a 'world beater' and certainly not for only £7million pounds, however the point I am making is that for us to justify spending that kind of money he should be a 'world beater' because we have alot of positions which need improving and spending all that money on one player when we could have improved several areas seems rather niave, thats all.

laughatthedingles you have to forget what we paid for him or any player. Value for money on player purchase is relative to supply and demand.

At the time Rovers bought Ferguson, there were a number of clubs bidding, people on this site would have soon started complaining if Rovers had pulled out of the bidding.

The topic of this thread is First out of the Door, and with the standard of midfielders currently in the Rovers squad, then in my opinion we cannot afford to get rid of our best midfielder.

• 2 weeks later...

This team is so bad its the first time ever as a fan i can say there is not one player i would call a favorite, Fergie and Brad are ok at best but the rest stink. No matter what anyone says i can't accept that we have'nt better defenders, Amo and Matteo are not even championship quality.

This team is so bad its the first time ever as a fan i can say there is not one player i would call a favorite, Fergie and Brad are ok at best but the rest stink. No matter what anyone says i can't accept that we have'nt better defenders, Amo and Matteo are not even championship quality.

I have 4 favourites: Brad, Fergie, Stead & Dickov without these we would be screwed. But with emmo coming good and hopefully thommo getting a long first team run we can get our acts together!

Edited by modes98

Reid.

Closely followed by everyone else except:

Friedel

Gray

Short

Ferguson

Emerton

Thompson

Djorkeoff (sp)

Dickov

Stead

Gallagher

Jansen

That's 11 players, who would have play a 2-3-1-4 formation but I reckon we wouldn't ship as many goals as we do at rthe moment.

If I were boss, i'd get rid of:

Lucas Neill: Last good game he had was October 2002.

Lorenzo Amoruso: Big, slow, clumsy.

Steven Reid: Maybe i'm being a bit harsh there.

TUGAY: NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. GET RID OF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon Douglas: Why the 4 year contract?

Them immedietely.

Consider everyone else except:

Paul Gallagher: Want to see more of him this season.

Jonathan Stead: Will overcome this nightmare

Barry Ferguson: Our best player

Paul Dickov: Always gives 110% and never lets you down

Brett Emerton: Been excellent this year

The only ones really worth keeping i.e. trying to persuade to stay even if we got a fair offer for them are: Freidel, Emerton, Short, Ferguson, Dickov, Stead and Grey.

The one's who have to go:

Amoruso, Flitcroft, Douglas, de Pedro, Matteo

Of the rest, for the majority it's not that they're absolute rubbish it's just that they don't perform to the best of their ability often enough. I'd add to the get rid list any of the players not mentioned who can't put in a good performance two in three. Sadly if this principle was applied we wouldn't have be able to field a team.

Well I think it is time Amoruso and Matteo were shown the door, I was a fan of Amoruso when he was at Rangers and excited when he joined but it just hasn't worked out for him and he has found the pace of the Premiership too much but part of me still respects certain aspects of his ability. Matteo has been poor and was a dissapointing signing by Souness as we all desperately awaited a solid signing for our defence.

Douglas is out in limbo-land yet earned a new contract but he is a very limited player and adds nothing special to the side.

Lucas Neill just isn't recapturing his form he had of-old but he is the least of our problems.

Does anyone think maybe we should play Djorkaeff in a more midfield role alongside Ferguson? It would also give us a free place up front for Stead or Gallagher to take their chance.

Hughes has already said he may step-up his interest for Gabbidon if Cardiff are willing to do a deal, could he be the man to sort out our crumbling defence?

Got to get rid of Tugay and Amoruso now, there both off the pace of the prem, Tugay because hes past it and Amoruso never was, he makes so many mistakes! They will be on high wages also, sell them and bring a good centre back in with the funds!

First out the door? The door itself. Then fit a bigger door to avoid the rush.

Neill, Amoruso, Matteo, Johannson, Gresko, Tugay, Flitcroft, de Pedro, etc, etc. This squad is so devoid of quality and skill you could make your own list and I'd struggle to mount an arguement supporting any particular player, in fact the chances are I probably couldn't be bothered.

This is what Hughes has to contend with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.