BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First Out The Door

god

First out the door? The door itself. Then fit a bigger door to avoid the rush.

Neill, Amoruso, Matteo, Johannson, Gresko, Tugay, Flitcroft, de Pedro, etc, etc. This squad is so devoid of quality and skill you could make your own list and I'd struggle to mount an arguement supporting any particular player, in fact the chances are I probably couldn't be bothered.

This is what Hughes has to contend with.

Stick Newsham and Caley on the list.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matteo, flitcroft, tugay, dickov, amoruso should hit the road...

I really miss Cole! I wasn't happy when Dickov came, cause I was pretty sure if he came, Souness would throw our best striker out of the club. That was unforgiveable by Soey to give Cole away, we need a player like him now!! of course we need some defenders aswell...

LeChuck, I totally understand wanting to offload Ferguson if the price were right but in the january window? Surely not? He is the only thing keeping the team together. Central midfielders are hard to come by right now, especially in the mould of Ferguson, and if we are in a position where we need points, and quick, completely rebuilding our midfield will be suicide. By the time our new players have had time to settle and adapt to our style of play and Hughes training regime, we could already be too far away for them to make any difference.

Keep it simple in January, bring in two centre backs and leave the rest be. If we can bring in a central midfielder to partner Ferguson that would be excellent, but to replace him leaves us in the same position we are in now but with a player of far less quality. Bring in the players in January, get rid of the people they are replacing, but leave everything else to the summer. A decision of this magnitude in January is too great to risk.

everytime I see Ferguson play I always think, he out the door soon, I just know he is going to leave really soon, so its quite strange having him captain

Anyway I think the players I would like/expect sold are

Ferguson to Newcastle 8 million

Amoruso to Rangers 400,000

Dickov to Doncaster 50,000

Gresko to an italian club 250,000

Edited by chris

I do agree that a centre half is the priority, but surely a striker comes a close second before a midfielder. At current I don't think any of our top guns wil get 5 or more this season. Surely a risk on Ellington (Just as an example) and a centre half is required in Jan?

Disagree, I think if we had a GOOD defensive central midfielder to partner with Ferguson, that would help our offense and defense. It would provide more cover for the back, and allow Barry to make more runs forward.

I do agree that a centre half is the priority, but surely a striker comes a close second before a midfielder. At current I don't think any of our top guns wil get 5 or more this season. Surely a risk on Ellington (Just as an example) and a centre half is required in Jan?

Disagree, I think if we had a GOOD defensive central midfielder to partner with Ferguson, that would help our offense and defense. It would provide more cover for the back, and allow Barry to make more runs forward.

Yeah true mate, but Barry scoring 5+ a season isn't going to solve our scoring problems is it. Surely Reid or Thompson could do a half decent job in there, thus allowing us to bring in a striker who could teach the rest a thing or two.

surely the lesson of the last 18 months is that you don't get anywhere by selling your best players and bringing in 2 or 3 mediocre ones to replace them?

That's the policy that Souness followed and we've ended up with a large, mediocre squad. Everyone on our bench on saturday is equally as good as the ones on the pitch it's the quality players like Fergie we need to build around.

We need to trim the squad down by 5 or 6 players (Nissa, Reid, Amo, Gresko, Jansen etc.) use the lower wage-bill to bring in a couple of top quality free-transfers and give the youngsters a chance.

Yeah true mate, but Barry scoring 5+ a season isn't going to solve our scoring problems is it. Surely Reid or Thompson could do a half decent job in there, thus allowing us to bring in a striker who could teach the rest a thing or two.

I think him scoring 5-10 goals and creating space for Gallagher/Stead/Bothroyd would help us solve our scoring problems.

I know this isn't the most constructive of exercises, but I thought I'd throw in my two peneth too...

So players who just aren't up to the job:

Ammo

NEJ

Todd

Flitcroft

Reid

Dickov

Boothroyd (harsh I know as not had a chance to impress, but he's not, well, impressed me yet)

So that's 7 players right away, and worryingly, 7 regular 1st team players, which I think sums up why we are where we are - a lack of quality.

Deserve to go,

Matteo: Neither a defender nor a midfielder. Not premiership class.

Flitcroft: Thanks but your time has caught up.

Tugay: Was class but not anymore.

At the door,

Reid: Not good enough so far. Hasn't realized the promised potential. and what was his best position?

Amoruso: Even Short is better.

Gresko: You should at least challenge Gray's position given his current form.

sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.