BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

A Weekend With Delia

Gav

Has anyone booked their hotel rooms yet? If so, where?

I'm booking mine tomorrow - at the moment I guess the one Tris suggested looks favourite unless anyone else thinks otherwise.

PS: I guess this thread could be moved to the new away travel forum.

Edited by Scotty

I'm booking mine tomorrow - at the moment I guess the one Tris suggested looks favourite unless anyone else thinks otherwise.

there's a bench on platform 3 which is a lot cheaper, but it hasn't got a website yet, so I guess I'll end up shelling out hard earned cash on a hotel room.

mind you, if you're in a double or a twin, you can get 1.6 nights including breakfast in that hotel for the same price as 90 minutes on a plastic seat at Chelsea surrounded by Asian tourists with Chelsea Megastore carrier bags.

So I guess it's all relative really.

there's a bench on platform 3 which is a lot cheaper, but it hasn't got a website yet, so I guess I'll end up shelling out hard earned cash on a hotel room.

Strange you should mention that Tris. Back in student days, a group of us were abandoned in Norwich in the early hours (far too complicated to explain). Before hitching back to Leicester in the morning, got about 30 mins kip on the station - can't remember what platform! Who'd have thought it : get on a Rovers mb to find the inside info about Norwich station's facilities.

Beam up a couple of messages Scotty smile.gif

It's full !

We're now trying to find somewhere close to the centre with 4 twins and a double left.

Well how can you not want to stay at the Pearl Continental !?

Thanks CK, just look at this list of features - it's fantastic - the list is so long I've left out the obvious ones you get everywhere, like colour TV and bedside telephone

But you get all this too :

Fire Escape

Wake Up Calls

Tea & Coffee

Shampoo

Biscuits

Central heating

Desk & Lamp

Windows that open

Sod the bench on Platform 3, I'm trying this

Well how can you not want to stay at the Pearl Continental !?

Thanks CK, just look at this list of features - it's fantastic - the list is so long I've left out the obvious ones you get everywhere, like colour TV and bedside telephone

But you get all this too :

Fire Escape

Wake Up Calls

Tea & Coffee

Shampoo

Biscuits

Central heating

Desk & Lamp

Windows that open

Sod the bench on Platform 3, I'm trying this

As they say Tris cheap and cheerful huh.gif

No doubt you read the reviews -and he did say cheapest biggrin.gif

It would seem that myself, Smurf, JPW and Mushy (along with 3 more, one of which I'm guessing is Councellor Dave) are now booked into the Norwich Sport Hotel. Just when I was resigned to Platform 3 as well smile.gif (PS. Cheers Mushy).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Blackburn fan living down in Norwich and I can tell you it's rammed with nice pubs. You can't fail to find one. I'll be in Lloyd's No.1 which is a Weatherspoons on Riverside (left out of the train station) before and after but honestly, you can pick any and it will be decent. Can't think of any that should be avoided or are home only.

All the fireworks are on Sat night though I think...

Some people have probably already set off but..

I was at Lloyd's (the Weatherspoons) last night and they said it's no away colours on Saturday, so you might be better trying the Compleat Angler on the crossroads right in front of the Station before and after the game if anyone's got colours.

Tonight would be OK in Weatherspoons obviously but I've not known them be strict before with away fans so sorry about the mis-info.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.