• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"new manager Mark Hughes is fighting a battle for survival"

"Walker bought Rovers the Premiership title in 1995"

"Blackburn Rovers are up for sale"

"John Cross is an idiot with no regard for journalistic ethics"

One of the above four statements does not appear in the article and is the only one that is true.

Edited by philipl

Since Jack Walker bought them the title
!!!! mad.gif

To$$ers !!

I think Rovers fans should now treat the 'mirror' as they would any piece of Andrex - and wipe the jolly ol' derrier on it !

yeah, Jack Walker didn't buy us the title, he just gave a mid table div 2 team loads and loads and loads of money to buy players that won us the title, totally different!

• Backroom
Since Jack Walker bought them the title
!!!! mad.gif

To$$ers !!

I think Rovers fans should now treat the 'mirror' as they would any piece of Andrex - and wipe the jolly ol' derrier on it !

yeah, Jack Walker didn't buy us the title, he just gave a mid table div 2 team loads and loads and loads of money to buy players that won us the title, totally different!

I'm not going to get into that argument with you Chris.. suffice it to say that yes, Jack's money helped - but look at the many millions other clubs have spent (much more than Rovers) and still failed to win the title !

It's about having money - yes - but more importantly.. how you use it !

Well, if they want to sell, I cant see them being all that generous with the cash anymore. Dont get me wrong, I'd prefer things to stay within the Walker Trust, but if Johnny FOreigner (or, even more unlikely, a local) wants to plough millions into the club, I'm all for it. Success comes above loyalty to the Trust. Be different if it was Jack, but as it isnt...

Apparently the Walker family are happy to see the club sold for £50m.

Paul - how much have we got in the funds ? unsure.gif

Slightly fewer 000s than that ohmy.gif Nice thought, we could all take turns as manager. The championship would be over by Christmas laugh.giflaugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.