BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers For Sale?

and lofty

I miss lofty's contributions. He was clearly as mad as a sack full of angry badgers, but his insanity had a certain endearing quality to it. I don't care about this thread one way or the other to be honest, it all seems very tedious. I don't know if that is a fact or just an opinion mind you.

Bring back lofty!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully some rich group will buy 'em up and give the Coach 25million pounds a year to spend on transfers....oh wait that Manchester United. *shaking fist*

Lets have everyone in the messageboard come up with some change to buy the club! I'll start us off with 5 dollars, but its Canadian so its more like 1 pound 50.

rover.gif i wonder if wigan's promotion bid fails this year,could dave whelan be talked into taking over at ewood.im sure i read somewhere he is selling jjb,and he has connection's with ewood tinykit.gif

From Monday's Daily Telegraph

Private equity group Cinven is understood to be behind last week's bid approach for the struggling retailer JJB Sports.

Cinven is believed to be considering tabling a £600m bid, although it has not yet been allowed access to the books of the Wigan-based group, which issued a profit warning in August.

JJB, which has 448 stores, said on Friday it had received an approach which may lead to an offer but did not name the bidder.

[...]

Tom Hunter, the retail entrepreneur who owns a 7pc stake, is not expected to bid for the group.  He sold his Sports Division to JJB earlier this year for £290m.

However, Mike Ashley, who is behind the rival Sports Soccer chain and Lillywhites at Piccadilly Circus, is understood to be keen to see the books.

Cinven also owns the health chain Fitness First, the car parks company NCP and gaming group Gala in a joint venture with Candover.

It is understood that it has approached Dave Whelan, the former Blackburn Rovers footballer anc chairman of JJB, in recent weeks.

[etc etc] - full article in the business section at telegraph.co.uk

plenty of Rovers links in that little story .... what price Mike Ashley buys out Dave Whelan ... so long as DW drops Wigan Athletic and comes over to Rovers instead !! thumbs-up.gif

I'm sure it'll never even be discussed, never mind happen.

Edited by Tris

and lofty

I miss lofty's contributions. He was clearly as mad as a sack full of angry badgers, but his insanity had a certain endearing quality to it. I don't care about this thread one way or the other to be honest, it all seems very tedious. I don't know if that is a fact or just an opinion mind you.

Bring back lofty!

I second that. The thread that Lofty threatened to ban Ste in was one of the funniest things I've ever read laugh.gif

cool.gif The management of the club:

I am yet to witness the shrewd commercial management I was expecting from Williams as one of Jacks chosen few. There’s definitely a case for headhunting someone with some real balls to manage BRFC’s relationship with the trust to a more effective outcome, and in turn this would dispel the suggestions of a narrow and somewhat backward approach to managing the club restricting BRFC’s true potential.

You may get a few responses to that wink.gif

With all respect , this doesn't equate entirely with your last response on this issue , Paul , re. libel and slander etc . I don't see why JW should be beyond criticism ; personally I've always felt that some of the sycophancy toward him on this forum has been quite nauseating.

Is it right that we are up foir sale or is it just paper talk? You don't get much coverage on Rovers up here any more but a few people were talking about it on Saturday.

Perhaps we could do with being taken over by someone. In the past at least we have known that the owners of the club have had the best interests of the club at heart even when we had no money at all. At the moment....who knows?

The club is short of leadership on and off the pitch. Hughesie could put things right on the pitch but what about in the boardroom.

Come on Whelan. Get rid of that poxy bunch of pie munchers and get your arse back to Ewood where you belong.

"new manager Mark Hughes is fighting a battle for survival"

"Walker bought Rovers the Premiership title in 1995"

"Blackburn Rovers are up for sale"

"John Cross is an idiot with no regard for journalistic ethics"

One of the above four statements does not appear in the article and is the only one that is true.

laugh.gif

Good one, Philip.

cool.gif The management of the club:

I am yet to witness the shrewd commercial management I was expecting from Williams as one of Jacks chosen few. There’s definitely a case for headhunting someone with some real balls to manage BRFC’s relationship with the trust to a more effective outcome, and in turn this would dispel the suggestions of a narrow and somewhat backward approach to managing the club restricting BRFC’s true potential.

You may get a few responses to that wink.gif

With all respect , this doesn't equate entirely with your last response on this issue , Paul , re. libel and slander etc . I don't see why JW should be beyond criticism ; personally I've always felt that some of the sycophancy toward him on this forum has been quite nauseating.

Phil, I don't have any problem with criticism of JW, the club or the trust but I can't repeat the allegation that was made about one member of the trust - that is what I deleted.

mattyboy6000 made very serious allegations about an individual that would have to be substantiated if that person chose to challenge the allegation. I doubt the alleagtions could be substantiated by us.

It was on a par with me stating "blue phil has been convicted of such and such a crime" - something I'm sure is not true and a statement I could not substantiate.

Well as much as i love Jack Walker and the respect i hold for him is great i must say we do need a change of owner and im sure Jack, God rest his soul would agree. He would only have the clubs best intrests at heart and without some major investment for Hughes to play with we are going to be in serious relegation trouble again.

Jack Walker, A real legend, when i have kids when im older and i take them to Ewood Park with me, i can tell them that this is the House That Jack Built, now that will fill me with so much pride like it does everytime i step foot into Ewood Park.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.