• Yes
    • No
    • Rather have Grooby

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undoubtedly bad that I've created this new thread when it's being discussed in the Good / Bad topic. Please lock this and feed me to some lions. Apologies.

(BTW - How's about "Djorkaeff? Good / Bad" as a title? Gives a bit of a clue as to what the thread is about)

Undoubtedly bad that I've created this new thread when it's being discussed in the Good / Bad topic. Please lock this and feed me to some lions. Apologies.

(BTW - How's about "Djorkaeff? Good / Bad" as a title? Gives a bit of a clue as to what the thread is about)

To be fair to you Bob, I should have opened a topic with Djorkaeff in the header

A few of us on here were slightly worried about Hughes' lack of experience in the transfer market prior to his appointment.

Well I must admit he's gonna have problems if he thinks he can sign players by just throwing his beanie hat into a ring?!

A few of us on here were slightly worried about Hughes' lack of experience in the transfer market prior to his appointment.

Well I must admit he's gonna have problems if he thinks he can sign players by just throwing his beanie hat into a ring?!

probably cos its only thing BRFC have to throw in at the moment! ohmy.gif

After going to watch Tugay strut his stuff against Bournemouth and coming away completely appaled at Tugays performance and then witnessing his non contribution against Charlton - when Souness left Tugay seems to have left.

He'd be a terrific short-term signing. Any sort of creativity at the moment will be most welcome.

If we do get him I wonder if we'll change our system. Djorkaeff operates best behind the front one/two in the hole. It could mean we switch to 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1. Or maybe the diamond formation we used successfully at the back-end of last season with Djorkaeff instead of Tugay.

I think I've confused myself now.

We need more pace in attack than a 36 year old midfielder. Charlton almost did us on the break loads last nite, whilst our midfield and attack was slow!

I'd like to think that Djorkaeff would be used to play the killer ball through for the likes of Stead and Bothroyd rather than be used as a striker in his own right.

As for the age factor I would also point out that our most reliable defender is 35 years of age and our manager bossed the midfield in the Worthy Cup Final at the age of 37/38 (?)

As long as his fitness levels are okay we can't go wrong with a short-term deal for this player.

Of course picking up Bolton cast-offs can be used as another example of how far we've fallen in the last couple of years !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.