• Yes
    • No
    • Rather have Grooby

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitness issues aside, as I have no knowledge on them, this is such an impressive move by Hughes and he is certainly gaining my confidence. EXACTLY what we need at the moment - creativity. As with our rumoured interest in Hartson, Hughes seems to know exactly what the team is lacking and is looking to fix it - strength, height and power upfront in Hartson's case.

However, I sincerly hope that this isn't a replacement for Fergson. Flitcroft has been, at best, poor and I presume Ferguson will play alongside Djorkaeff, which raises the issue of tenacity in our midfield - we'l have very little. If Ferguson and Djorkaeff play alongside each other we need a more stable and reliable centre back - if Short is playing then certainly, I think this partnership will work.

Once more, good move Hughes.

Good move by Hughes who has been quick to recognise the lack of quality in the squad. Djorkaeff is a class player - even at 36 - and we don't have too many of those (none, in fact).

He says he wants to play for another two years, so hopefully he'll be bursting to make an impact, which can only to be our benefit.

Seems to me the best way to improve our defence immediately is to keep the ball in the opponents half and have players that the other team HAVE to worry about, this fella can help with both those aspects.

Pretty exciting I think. Someone to pass the ball for Stead and Dickov just how it is supoosed to be instead of hoofing it up in the air. If he is match fit I expect him to make an immediate impact.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.