241 members have voted

1. 1. Will Youri Djorkaeff improve the team

• Yes
    • No
    • Rather have Grooby

This poll is closed to new votes

If I remember rightly he played left side midfield/attack against us. So long

Pedersen and De Pedro!!

Pedersen and De Pedro will be in the club for some time. I can't say the same for Djorkaef. I think it will be a good short term signing, but in the long run (next 2 years at least) I believe we have to depend on Pedersen and De Pedro.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes.

On the basis that if come January he's been crap, he knows where the door is

So there's nowt to lose really.

Although I'm rather suspicious as to why he didn't put pen to paper at Bolton, whatever the rumours on here.

After going to watch Tugay strut his stuff against Bournemouth and coming away completely appaled at Tugays performance and then witnessing his non contribution against Charlton - when Souness left Tugay seems to have left.

Working on that system,half our players aint even joined yet never mind left laugh.gif

If I remember rightly he played left side midfield/attack against us. So long

Pedersen and De Pedro!!

Pedersen and De Pedro will be in the club for some time. I can't say the same for Djorkaef. I think it will be a good short term signing, but in the long run (next 2 years at least) I believe we have to depend on Pedersen and De Pedro.

If he plays with a zimmer frame he still will be faster than de pedro. dry.gifdry.gif

On the basis that if come January he's been crap, he knows where the door is

So there's nowt to lose really.

Agree, he's a class act and if he turns out to be a waster we can get rid in January. Nothing to lose. If he is as fit as he claims then he could improve our team as we are crying out for a bit of class. Where will he play though?

Absolutely Senstional signing, I can honestly say I haven't been this excited about a piece of rovers news for a long, long time!

As everyone has mentioned, we clearly lack a cutting edge, a bit of creativity and having watched a few Bolton games in the past few years, I definately think Djorkaeff was there key man, and pulled the strings along with Okocha.

All in all, I think its the best move Rovers could possibly have made giving the circumstances (lack of funds, transfer window) and Hughesy has clearly recognised what is missing from the Rovers side after only a few weeks, when Souey couldn't do it for months!!!

Things are going to start to improve very soon, mark my words!!!

rover.gifrover.gifrover.gif

Where will he play though?

rover.gif i would have thought any off the 6 attacking places in the team!!!

the guy has always been class,but signing someone so late in there career is taking a chance.but as i said in another thread we are at the bare bones and the only way to sign players between now and january is contract free players.

any other decent non-contract players about tinykit.gif

Ronnie Johnsen or Youri Djorkaeff?

I'm in the Djorkaeff camp. World Cup winner, adds some flair to the team and has signed for us.

The nay sayers: he's on a 3 month deal. If he's crap we'll off him at Christmas. It's in his best interests to be fit and ready. His age has no bearing on what he does, he can still play he just got greedy at Bolton.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

Reckon he'll be on the bench on saturday ?

Do we know whether he always plays behind 2 forwards or is he the 2nd forward ?

Don't think this would suit Stead and could lead to a front 7 of ;

Emerton Ferguson Pederson

Djorkaeff

Dickov Jansen

I also seem to recall him taking Bolton's corners (?)

I'd have to say it helps a little. No real downside since the contract is so short (assuming it's Rovers option to extend, not his).

I like the idea of some added spark to the attack, especially someone adept at delivering the ball in dangerous positions... we've all lamented the bad service to the boys up front. Here's some needed help potentially.

At least its a veteran to help develop MGP, get more from Emerton and push DePedro into fitness

I like the signing. Hopefully we will have someone that can hold on to the ball and lift the team. We give the ball away to easy so far this season. If I don't remember wrong he is also very good on freekicks. Maybe we can get more out of that and all the wasted corners.

Good signing, we need all the help we can get, and if he’s the man that we need to link midfield with the forwards, then I’m happy. In the last game midfield and attack were completely separate entities. Bit of much needed class and experience in my humble opinion.

christ and we slagged souness off for buying a few 30 year olds

I don't think that's an apt comparison Flops. Souness paid transfer fees and signed older players to long-term contracts (Yorke, Cole etc). Djorkaeff is free and is signed to a 3-month contract. At worst he costs us 3 months in wages.

He will be good in the creativity dept.as we have no one in the team doing it at the moment.IMHO Ferguson does nothing for the side...is he supposed to be a creative midfielder or a stopper....he does not appear to be doing either.

I listened to the Charlton game on the radio and I can honestly say that his name did not get a mention once in the commentary other than when he lost the ball in a dangerous position and Charlton nearly scored from it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.