Cocker

Will Youri Djorkaeff improve the team  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Will Youri Djorkaeff improve the team

• Yes
    • No
    • Rather have Grooby

This poll is closed to new votes

I think this is a good signing. Its temporary to get us through to jan, with a view to get him for longer. So thats good for us if he doesnt perform.

I think he could work well for rovers.

Would imagine he will help imrpve emertons game too. I can see these two enjoying playing with each other

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

christ and we slagged souness off for buying a few 30 year olds

I don't think that's an apt comparison Flops. Souness paid transfer fees and signed older players to long-term contracts (Yorke, Cole etc). Djorkaeff is free and is signed to a 3-month contract. At worst he costs us 3 months in wages.

is that a fact?

i bet there was a large signing on fee / bonus payment, or something else just to get him to agree to such a short term deal.

Good to see the board backing Hughes as he would not of come cheap, even for three months. The fact we can review the situation at January is a bonus. I think he will do well, he has class but also has a very high work rate which sometimes goes unoticed.

Getting to the point about "got on Souey's back for signing 30 year olds". If Hughes continues to sign players of this age, and makes them our major signings, then no, I won't be happy. However, Hughes has read the situation, sees we need some creativity, and with the transfer window closed, he has gone out and got the best available player, it makes perfect sense.

After going to watch Tugay strut his stuff against Bournemouth and coming away completely appaled at Tugays performance and then witnessing his non contribution against Charlton - when Souness left Tugay seems to have left.

What the hell are you on about huh.gif Tugay has played 1 full match since Souness has left it isn;t his fault that Mark Hughes has been picking Flitty over him! Tugay is a great professional and i'm pretty sure he will be back in the middle of midfield in no time.

[ Tugay is a great professional and i'm pretty sure he will be back in the middle of midfield in no time.[/color]

Agreed SN - Starting saturday

I have voted yes on the same basis as what Tris has commented upon.

Stick Tugay MGP Djorkaeff in the team for Saturday and shove Jansen up front with Stead

Drop Flitcroft and Dickov to the bench

I seriously thought Tugay was on his last legs at the end of last season but I feel we miss him badly (or player of similar type anyway)

I'll in turn agree with you CK. We miss Tugay terribly when he doesnt play. I'd love to know what the stats are like for games won with and without him starting, I dare say they'd be favourable towards him.

I think he's a steady, calming influence that helps to keep the rest of the team around him composed. He's always available to pass to, no matter who has the ball, which isnt something that can be said about Flitcroft.

Having said all of that - how on Earth do Tugay and Djorkaeff fit into the same team?

IMO opinion another big name who has come to grab his fianl pay-check. I really cannot see him doing too much at Rovers, i hope he proves me wrong, but if Bolton didnt want to keep him surely there must be reasoning behind that.

Watch him score a hat-rick on Saturday, now wink.gif

Sebastian Perez and Patrick Valery, both signed at the same time I think?

nah, Valery 97, Perez a year on 98, Valery had gone by then

And people are moaning about signing Djorkaeff who's only 36? Short memories some people. Shame that Valery didn't get to play with Perez, still he had a good innings.

Can't see how we can lose with this signing, as has been commented. Can he be any worse than what we've already got?

If only Rovers had listened to me in the first place! I said MONTHS ago we should have gone for him.

We definately need someone to create goals and not scared of shooting from outside the box rather than just walk it in. Lets hope this kind of signing is a sign of things to come with Hughes instead of signing garbage on loan e.g. Andresen, Baggio etc like Magnum (Souness) did.

tinykit.gif

Edited by SuperStella

Bolton did want to keep him Jordan, he just didnt want to agree terms with them.

Mixed reaction from some of the Bolton messageboards over this one, but I'm pretty happy with the signing. If he grabs anything upward of 8-10 goals he'll have done us a good turn.

Like the quote about 'playing with a ball'

"I have an option for the rest of the season, but I just want to have a lot of fun playing with a ball. I didn't want to stop with that bitter taste in my mouth. My passion is still present."

We've got a flair player. One of our very own. Someone who can actually pass properly (ie not to Tugay's imaginary friend) V V excited. And if he's lost it, we won't have lost too much!

Trouble is- will any of the other numpties in our team actually be able to read his passes and get anywhere near them? I still have this horrible memory of Andy Cole wondering what the heck he'd got himself into at Spurs away as he put his hand up for a pass for the umpteenth time and it was passed across the defence and midfield with every single one of them having a touch before it came anywhere near him. That unfortunately carried on throughout the time he was with us.

Anyway hopefully Sparky's tellling them that fast attacking moves tend to work better than trying to walk the ball into the net. Do they have the wit and intelligence to understand, though??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.