BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Flippin' Pounds

stegraham

Man City fans have arranged to boycott stamford rip off ruski bridge due to the marked increase in prices, they also boycotted brum for a similar reason.

This is where football fans need to stand together on this matter.

At the very least Rovers should also charge the teams the very same price that our fans get charged for the opposite fixture.

£40 is a massive amount of money for 90 minutes and its not as if they really need the dosh is it ?

A father and son is £60 for tickets alone, trainfare £50 if you get a decent ticket, food and refreshments a further £20, £3.00 for a programme and thats a round figure of around £133.00 for a day out !

Boycott them NOW before it really gets out of hand mad.gif

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is i bet that away end will be full. Also alot of the southern based rovers will still go as they can very rarely see rovers play.

Still a rip off though.

something you seemed a bit ###### off with at charlton jordan! Heard you quite a few times questioning why there were so many 'cockneys' in the blackburn end!

Well personally they can shove the 40 quid up up his slimy kremlins ass because i aint paying it ,the lines drawn.

Aye , you save your money for the Yanks , Abbey ohmy.gif

How much do they charge for an american "football" game over there by the way ?

The equivalent (with exchange rate) of about 40 quid. But then again, there are only 16 games a year, and away games aren't as easy to get to.

Thing is i bet that away end will be full. Also alot of the southern based rovers will still go as they can very rarely see rovers play.

Still a rip off though.

something you seemed a bit ###### off with at charlton jordan! Heard you quite a few times questioning why there were so many 'cockneys' in the blackburn end!

Of course there's going to be loads of "non-rovers regular" faces at London away games. Last season at Charlton I got tickets for a Liverpool supporting mate (who also turns out for Rovers London Branch footy team) and three of his colleagues from America.

On Monday I got tickets for an Australian girl I know and her parents who are over from Sydney on holiday. They all get an interest in Rovers and it's not as if they're keeping other fans out.

As for Chelsea, well it's the nearest ground to where I live but I'm having serious doubts about paying £40. As others have said, there's a line, and it's been crossed.

I've been looking at Charltons website to try and work out their pricing policy. I can't find anywhere that gives out ground prices for the season, but for Newcastle tickets were £25, for Southampton £20 and for Rovers £15. Suggests that they decide pricing on a match-by-match basis, and have one price no matter where you sit.

Rovers was their highest crowd of the season so far, and backed up by London-wide press and radio advertising (to an audience of several million people) alerting them that live Premiership football could be watched for just £15 at the Valley, it illustrates just how difficult it is for Rovers to compete with the likes of Charlton.

And also what a well run club Charlton is. To put it in context, cheapest seats at West Ham start at £24 but there aren't many of them, and other areas of the ground quickly hit £30 and £35. Prices are similar at QPR.

A father and son is £60 for tickets alone, trainfare £50 if you get a decent ticket, food and refreshments a further £20, £3.00 for a programme and thats a round figure of around £133.00 for a day out !

Try paying that for home games as well.

£40 for a ticket - so what?? You can pay £15 or so and go on the official travel, you dont even have to worry about getting lost ffs. Some of you dont know how lucky you are.

T4E, 40 quid is still a lot of money.

I do sympathise though, getting up to Blackburn from down South is expensive. For those that live in Blackburn, travelling such a long way is something they have to put up with far less frequently.

It's a free market, so if people think 40 quid is too much to pay for 90 minutes entertainment (and I think it is) then they don't have to pay it and shouldn't be criticised for choosing not to go.

t4e

FFS ? whats all that about then ?

I think 40 bones is extortionate, I can afford it but on principle refuse to go due to that amount of cost, my son however is an apprentice and CANNOT afford 40 quid. I would suspect that 40 quid for the ticket is a struggle for the average guy to find for a ticket.

As for the away travel ? well al I can say is that after many many years of travelling on Rovers coaches to away games from Chorley and Blackburn I got a little bored with the following:

dodgy stewards who thought they were hitler and had authority to do whatever they chose.

a lack of alcohol on the coach

the same old boring videos, rocky i,ii, iii and the rest

dodgy coach drivers

poor quality seats, toilets and coffee machines

arriving at grounds with less than 30 mins before kick off

1 stop policy etc etc etc

need any more ?

rolleyes.gif

did you put 1 hour at sandbach.

The tickets start as was said earlier from about 20 quid up to whatever you want to pay ie 1000+ for boxes.im actually paying £54 for my first ever visit ,thats only because my aunts appendix burst on the day of tickets going on sale,and i/we missed out on the cheaper tickets.

as capn says anything over 30 and they can shove it because its a rip off.

I remember season tickets being 30 quid and its not that long ago,i trhink it was only 75 for my first premier game.For those who are slagging people off for not paying it ...ARE YOU ON AN AVERAGE WAGE,WITH A MORTGAGE,CAR ,BILLS ,XMAS ETC.?Because its a big chunk out of peoples earnings.

Still a rip off though.

Very short sighted comment as we need all the fans we can get. There are going to be a fair few older guys from the days when unemployment was high in Blackburn (1930's, post war and thatcher era) who moved down to London to find work. Most of the sons or grandsons from that time who grow up will be Rovers fans but also from London. A good mate of mine is actually in that exact position.

There are going to be a fair few older guys from the days when unemployment was high in Blackburn (1930's, post war and thatcher era) who moved down to London to find work. Most of the sons or grandsons from that time who grow up will be Rovers fans but also from London.

Good point, people have to migrate for employment, however it can be difficult to educate children to follow their parents team, if they cant get to watch them on a regular basis. From a personal point with so many local clubs I only had a 50% success rate with my offspring. The only way I could get my son to watch Rovers was if they were playing local, yet my daughter was quite happy to travel the length of the country with me supporting Rovers.

Getting back on to the main topic, I would draw the line at paying £30 plus for a ticket on a weekly basis, and would tend to pick and choose one off games. Thats not to say that I didnt support Rovers any less, its just that finances would dictate my actions. Something that would bound to reflect on the gates at Ewood. The only way that Rovers attendances will increase is with ecconomic growth in the area, and people migrate back to the north west. The gates at Ewood are covered in another topic, so I'll stop there.

t4e

I think 40 bones is extortionate, I can afford it but on principle refuse to go due to that amount of cost, my son however is an apprentice and CANNOT afford 40 quid. I would suspect that 40 quid for the ticket is a struggle for the average guy to find for a ticket.

As for the away travel ? well al I can say is that after many many years of travelling on Rovers coaches to away games from Chorley and Blackburn I got a little bored with the following:

dodgy stewards who thought they were hitler and had authority to do whatever they chose.

dodgy coach drivers

need any more ?

rolleyes.gif

As I said - you dont know how lucky you are. Atleast you have the option to go on the official travel, whether you take it or not. I'm sure many of our overseas members would love to even be able to contemplate going to see Rovers at Chelsea.

If you dont want to go to the game, dont go. But the last thing you should be doing is making out you are hard done by - because you really really arent.

t4e

dodgy coach drivers

need any more ?

rolleyes.gif

I suggest you try another carrier.

In my experience the best was provided by the Valley Blues in the 1980's, organised by Messrs Horsfield and Sykes when Rovers would not cater for the Ribble Valley.

Coach or van was guaranteed to every game.

Copious amounts of alcohol.

Stops that lasted for hours.

Top class card school.

Ridiculous timetables eg Man City (a) dep 10.00am

Happy days!

cool.giftinykit.gif

t4e

dodgy coach drivers

need any more ?

rolleyes.gif

As I said - you dont know how lucky you are. Atleast you have the option to go on the official travel, whether you take it or not. I'm sure many of our overseas members would love to even be able to contemplate going to see Rovers at Chelsea.

If you dont want to go to the game, dont go. But the last thing you should be doing is making out you are hard done by - because you really really arent.

t4e

Think your missing the point here - I don't see 1864 saying HE has been hard done by - more reflecting on the point of the lower earners or less well off people.

1864 goes quite regular to watch Rovers away and from what I understand takes a member of his family with him. Now he states that its not outside of his means to be able to afford to go just that he will refuse to pay it - as I will.

Overseas members are of the same boat (1-2 games a season), as of any other Rovers fan who does not live within a 20/30 mile radius of Blackburn ie youcan't make every game because of costs

Total the costs up in the UK and what it all essence the Chelsea game could cost - 2 games elsewhere could probably be attended for the same price.

Things have to be balanced - and £40 is a ABSOLUTE RIPOFF for a ticket

I know what you're saying CK - all I'm simply trying to highlight is that the situation could be far far harder for you. Many of us would die to be in a position where for home games all we have to do is walk down a hill and into the pub, and for away games stroll to Ewood and get on a coach.

Chelsea away will probably be my cheapest game of the season to attend. Even if the ticket is £40. I'll probably manage the whole day on my own in about £80, which by comparison to most matchdays is a dream.

Granted we all have our limits, but I find moaning at paying £40 for a ticket astounding when its all pretty much laid out on a plate for you. Each to their own I guess.

How can you get bored of watching Rocky videos? ohmy.gif Strange man!

The chelsea game is probably gonna be on Canal+ anyway so I feel my £40 is better off spent on funding the lager diet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.