Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Flippin' Pounds

stegraham

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it also wigans record attendance of about 20k?

Yep, the attendance for that game was 16,922 and you're probably about right with your estimate for how many Rovers fans were in the west stand that night.

I think we took around 6,500 to 7,000 Rovers fans. Considering there was only 17,000 crowd we made up almost half the supporters in that night. Continuing this away following thread, how many did we take to Manure in the league cup semi and Sheff wed semi?

Yep, the attendance for that game was 16,922 and you're probably about right with your estimate for how many Rovers fans were in the west stand that night.

I think we took around 6,500 to 7,000 Rovers fans. Considering there was only 17,000 crowd we made up almost half the supporters in that night. Continuing this away following thread, how many did we take to Manure in the league cup semi and Sheff wed semi?

Probably about 4000 maybe 5000 to each.

I would have thought that for the United game we had about 6k and abut the same at sheff wed - wasn't the ticket and travel inclusive for £10 for that match?

I would have thought that for the United game we had about 6k and abut the same at sheff wed - wasn't the ticket and travel inclusive for £10 for that match?

Think our allocation was 7000 for the Utd match.

3000 of which were in the normal away end, we didnt sell any of these.

We just about filled the upper tier of the stand behind the goal.

For the sheffield wednesday game we filled the upper tier which is about 3700 according to the football fans guide ive got. There was a few scattered about in the bottom tier but there couldnt have been another few thousand in there.

I think the travel was free yes.

I think you have a selective memory. The bottom tier was almost totally full, bar the seats that were behind pillars. We even had a few fans in the corner section. We had around 6 thousand at the game.

We are the only set of fans that estimate down our away followings.

We deffinately had more than 6000. More between 7,000 - 7,500.

Hence why there was nearly another 'hillsborough' and the comments from the Police saying they didn't expect so many too turn up -they where only expecting 3-3500k.

Well after weeks of careful thought, I think I might go to Chelsea.

After all there's not a lot you can do with £40 these days.

And if I didn't go, I might get hit by a bus and then regret not going.

And also, the London Rovers Branch team are going to make a day of it, as the Association of Provincial Football Supporters Clubs in London fixture computer has given us a day off next Sunday.

We may be going here and I understand Jim is a regular, so hope everyone who travels can join us and we'll have a little messageboard party.

Marvellous.

We may be going here and I understand Jim is a regular, so hope everyone who travels can join us and we'll have a little messageboard party.

Marvellous.

Well I think visiting places like that is simply disgusting and quite frankly you should be ashamed of yourself. It's degrading to women and these sort of venues should have no place in today's society.

(PS: Tris - send us a PM to let me know what time you'll be there. Cheers thumbs-up.gif )

I have a technical rehearsal that afternoon. Have a friend texting me scores and I will be at the game in agonised spirit- especially as the guy I spend most of the play wrapped around is a Chelsea fan and is likely to be gloating. mad.gif

Edited by Jan

I have a technical rehearsal that afternoon.  Have a friend texting me scores and I will be at the game in agonised spirit- especially as the guy I spend most of the play wrapped around is a Chelsea fan and is likely to be gloating. mad.gif

I'm sure you can gain an upper hand on him Janice, just imagine it's Graeme Souness, and wrap yourself around that little bit tighter

ph34r.gif

Edited by Tris

On 606 over the weekend a scum fan was complaining that Birmingham charged £45 a ticket, apparently other games at Brum have been priced at £25 or so. He was ejected before kick off by an orange coat for distributing leaflets encouraging fans not to buy pies / beers in protest - any one going to try this at the Bridge ?

Ive got my tickets for the chelsea game in the post today. Still the same old crap tickets, no date,day of game or kick off time!! Anybody know how the ticket sales are going? Do we will fill from top to bottom in the stand or opposite or is it just random?

Just to let any other Manc-based Rovers fans know, Manchester Blue and myself will be getting the 7:45am train from Manchester Piccadilly to go to Chelsea.  MarkBRFC is also meeting us at Macclesfield.

So you'll be drinking all the way down on the train, and then in the pub from 11am until kick off ? marvellous.

More to the point which pub ... or are you open to suggestions ?

Just to let any other Manc-based Rovers fans know, Manchester Blue and myself will be getting the 7:45am train from Manchester Piccadilly to go to Chelsea.  MarkBRFC is also meeting us at Macclesfield.

So you'll be drinking all the way down on the train, and then in the pub from 11am until kick off ? marvellous.

More to the point which pub ... or are you open to suggestions ?

I'm open to suggestions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.