BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poor Old Souness, players bite back

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that Savage has a "history" with Souness. Perhaps he was simply getting a word in on behalf of Dunn, Johnson and Yorke!

The person who comes off worse in this story is Souness. Fancy chasing Savage into the Birmingham dressing room! Savage was on an obvious wind up (no doubt one of the ex-Blackburn trio had tipped him off to make the jibe which would get Souness shouting about his medals) and by all accounts Souness fell for it hook line and sinker. I bet the Brum dressing room were in hysterics after Souness had left.

Would be interesting to hear Steve Bruce's views on what happened biggrin.gif

Despite the success he had at Ewood and the good run Newcastle have put together under Souness, I have absolutely zero regrets about his leaving and am delighted by the manner of it.

Souness and Fat Freddie- made for each other even though it took FF five fumbling prods to find him tongue.gif

I wouldn't be surprised. Dunny will never forgive Souness for the things he said to the press about him, and thats a fact.

I dont blame him. Shake his slimey hand, no way, more like kick him up his arrogant arse!

The fact that lard arse has only played 19 games in 18 months and picked up injury upon injury due to his poor condition tells its own story. And as Joe Cole was hung out to dry by Mourinho this weekend, showboating central midfielders in general need to learn there's more to the postition than that. At least Cole doesn't try stuff that trips him up over his own feet.

On the wider issue, the constant and ongoing bitching about Souness on this board is nothing short of pathetic.

It confirms what I've always thought about a number of contributors on here, that their personal agendas against Souness are far more important to them than Blackburn Rovers.

Good on Souness! Knowing Savage, it was probably just an attempt to get him angry as opposed to a well thought out wind up. If Souness hadn't have gone after him he'd have been branded as a coward and the papers would be saying he no longer has the fire in his heart required for the job. I hope Savage was really put in his place - Souness was five times the player Savage will ever be.

As for Dunn, how pathetic. Unless Sopuness badly victimised him theres no reason not to shake his hand. If he's ever going to recover his form and ability he needs to grow up.

herbegeehh, I am first in the queue to take you up on that bet! OK second then.

There is a hint halfway down this article.

tcj and Tris, interesting to see how Souness divides Rovers supporters even after he left! I am not knocking his past achievements, just recognising that his last fifteen months in charge at Ewood were going terribly wrong.

Edited by philipl

herberkerching

have you seen the Vodafone thread on ICBINF ?

I think you'd better honour your commitments here, otherwise you're going to be sending out cheques for 200 quid a time as well !!!!

herberkerching

have you seen the Vodafone thread on ICBINF ?

I think you'd better honour your commitments here, otherwise you're going to be sending out cheques for 200 quid a time as well !!!!

If you put five quid on van Nistelrooy as first goalscorer, and he's not included in the squad - you get your money back.

I follow the same rules, Savage won't play, therefore I win on a 1/1 odds.

Btw, Herbergeking? How nice of you..

I'm just fascinated that a manager who was clearly struggling at the Rovers and was possibly within a couple of matches of being sacked has taken over a top 5 club and has got them off to such a good start!

The article in the Daily Telegraph also suggested the conversation included the merits of the teams the 2 men played for.Our hero is reported to have said,"You have the trophies and medals to back that up, do you Robbie?Sorry, what clubs have you played for?Yeah, thinking about it Robbie, you really are a top player."

I know Tunks has done a stirling job witht he keeprs and will be missed. I have a feeling that David Seaman might just come in as a replacement.

tinykit.gif

Any reason for your Seaman feeling ?

My money's on Alan Kelly.

Eddie Niedzwiecki was a goalkeeper though wasn't he. Maybe he's going to cover this as well. Seems a strange one to me this anyway - Friedel a couple of years ago - was classed as one of the best keepers in the world, if not the best. Does he need a coach? Couldn't he work with the other keepers?

As for Poor Old Souness, I couldn't be less bothered about what he's up to now. Although I must admit that it's good to see that his new, calm , "new man", approach to life is working well with his arguement with Robbie Savage.

Anyway, Souness has gone, get over it, move on etc etc - it's not as though he was D. Duff.

Sorry Alan? You mean we've sold him?!?! I just thought he was injured! Well that's it for me - we can't compete anymore - we should merge with Darwen, Accy Stanley and Gt Harwood and move the ground to Whitebirk. The new ground can be sponsored by Blackburn with Darwen Council / McDonalds and called the Whitebirk McRoundabout McStadium. It's the only way we can compete with Arsenal.

Seems a strange one to me this anyway - Friedel a couple of years ago - was classed as one of the best keepers in the world, if not the best. Does he need a coach? Couldn't he work with the other keepers?

I suggest that we need the coach that he had then.

Sorry Alan? You mean we've sold him?!?! I just thought he was injured! Well that's it for me - we can't compete anymore - we should merge with Darwen, Accy Stanley and Gt Harwood and move the ground to Whitebirk. The new ground can be sponsored by Blackburn with Darwen Council / McDonalds and called the Whitebirk McRoundabout McStadium. It's the only way we can compete with Arsenal.

It's taking longer than I expected from you Bob but its nice to see that you are getting there. rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.