BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poor Old Souness, players bite back

Sorry Alan? You mean we've sold him?!?! I just thought he was injured! Well that's it for me - we can't compete anymore - we should merge with Darwen, Accy Stanley and Gt Harwood and move the ground to Whitebirk. The new ground can be sponsored by Blackburn with Darwen Council / McDonalds and called the Whitebirk McRoundabout McStadium. It's the only way we can compete with Arsenal.

It's taking longer than I expected from you Bob but its nice to see that you are getting there. rover.gif

Whitebirk has already been ruled out for car parking reasons. The whole project is now on hold until the East Lancs Rapid Transit System is completed (expected approx 2040 ).

cool.gif

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like Souey and Savage had words after the game when Savage tounted Souey about only being 5th choice for the Newcastle job. Looks like Souey had a good come back for him though biggrin.gif

1st round to Souey

I would say first round to Savage. Running round telling people/players how many medals he has won, was apparently one of the things that alienated players at Ewood.

What possible benefit is there in doing that?

looks like Souey and Savage had words after the game when Savage tounted Souey about only being 5th choice for the Newcastle job. Looks like Souey had a good come back for him though  biggrin.gif

1st round to Souey

I would say first round to Savage. Running round telling people/players how many medals he has won, was apparently one of the things that alienated players at Ewood.

What possible benefit is there in doing that?

Depends how he did it. He should have kept modestly schtum, said nowt about em but let Boersma, Saunders and Parkes remind the players when he was not about.

Souness's erstwhile side-kick Andrew Cole has had his ban extended from three to six matches by the FA today.

COLE BAN ADDS TO FULHAM WOES

By Alex Lowe, PA Sport

Fulham’s season was plunged into further crisis today when the Football Association found Andrew Cole guilty of two charges of bringing the game into disrepute and doubled his suspension from three to six matches.

Cole, one of two Fulham players sent off in last month’s fiery Barclays Premiership clash with West Brom, was dismissed for throwing punches, including one attempted haymaker, following a clash with Baggies midfielder Neil Clement.

The former England striker has already served a three-match suspension but attended a disciplinary hearing held at the FA’s headquarters at

Soho Square today and was found guilty of using abusive language to a match official and violent conduct.

For the abusive language Cole was given an extra two-match suspension, to start immediately, while the violent conduct carried a one-game ban. He was also slapped with a £10,000 fine, plus costs.

Fulham were tonight making no comment on the penalty, though its severity has alerted the Professional Footballers’ Association who were to make further enquiries before giving any reaction.

Cole, who was fined by the club for his dismissal, will now miss the crucial league fixtures against Liverpool and Aston Villa plus the Carling Cup tie at Birmingham as Fulham attempt to turn around their season.

They have secured just two victories and four defeats from their eight Premiership matches. On Monday night, without Cole, Fulham became the

first Premiership side to lose to Crystal Palace this season and had Ian Pearce sent off in the process.

Pearce became the fourth Fulham player to be dismissed in four matches, following the red cards shown to Cole and Papa Bouba Diop at The Hawthorns and Liam Rosenior in the Carling Cup win over Boston.

Manager Chris Coleman, facing a disciplinary charge himself for comments made after Fulham were beaten in controversial circumstances by Arsenal, now has the international break to ensure Fulham’s fraying edges do not unravel entirely.

Seems harsh to give him an extra one match ban for violent conduct when that's what he got sent off for in the 1st place. Plus, if that's what you get for a punch then it should be an extra 3 or 4 matches for an attempted leg-breaker tackle.

Good news for us though as it might help Fulham get dragged back into the mire at the bottom.

Am I the only one that suspects that he has a time-share property in Dubai that he only gets to use every October?  huh.gifdry.gif

Is this right? Or did I just make it up? Cole is reporting the FA to the PFA, he's not happy about the length of the ban or something, "not much of a break" he wasn't heard to say.

It bugs me that in one brief melee he showed more passion and energy than he did for us in the latter half of last season! THank god he has 6 weeks to catch his breath...

You missed his little showing at Southampton last season then?

Am I the only one that suspects that he has a time-share property in Dubai that he only gets to use every October?  huh.gifdry.gif

Erm .... no !

Be fair on him philip

It's coming up to the time of year for his post red card annual skive to Dubai

You know, the one where he shows how bothered he is about his team mates and the club who pay his wages

• 2 weeks later...

Souness is still doing well-but now drawing rather than winning.

Wait for it. Craig Bellamy is now demanding talks with the new manager that will determine his Newcastle future.And Robert is being very critical of the manager who is not choosing him. Deja vu?

Souness is still doing well-but now drawing rather than winning.

Wait for it. Craig Bellamy is now demanding talks with the new manager that will determine his Newcastle future.And Robert is being very critical of the manager who is not choosing him. Deja vu?

Yep

it's just like that at Chelsea

and every other club

quiz question - who will be the first Rovers player under Hughes who either voices discontent / moans about lack of opportunity / demands a transfer ?

it won't be long so get your answers in quick

Well it took longer than i expected but it would appear that a confrontation between Bellamy and Souness is imminent after the striker allegedly gave Souey a mouthful after he was substituted (here). Get out the popcorn boys because if we can't get an satisfaction from our team at the moment then at least we can revel in the misery of others.

Does anyone watch that DreamTeam on Sky One? It appears that Souness is also managing Harchester United this season. So if anyone stills cares they can watch his exploits every Sunday night at 8.00.

It's totally over the top / far fetched / brain dead television. No doubt he'll get a really bad team together and be two games from the sack only to be saved by a top 6 Premier League club. No, that can't be right, that's too far fetched, even for DreamTeam.

Back to the subject of old boys. Watched the highlights of the Everton game, Marcus Bent was looking quite sharp too.

As for the brain dead etc Dream Team, I actually like the show though I did prefer it when it was about the academy more. The acting is crap and it is a bit soap opera-ish but when you are as starved for footy as we are over here any port in a storm eh?

It is widely reported this morning that Souness has had a training ground bust up with Bellamy. It resulted in Souness grabbing Bellamy by the throat and threatening him in front of astonished team mates. The result seems to be that Bellamy will be sold in January.

You see, some things never change.

Edited by Simon Says

Does anyone watch that DreamTeam on Sky One? It appears that Souness is also managing Harchester United this season. So if anyone stills cares they can watch his exploits every Sunday night at 8.00.

It's totally over the top / far fetched / brain dead television. No doubt he'll get a really bad team together and be two games from the sack only to be saved by a top 6 Premier League club. No, that can't be right, that's too far fetched, even for DreamTeam.

Yeah I watch the show Bob. Only so I don`t forget to watch Mile High afterwards unsure.gif

Has anyone else noticed that Souness looks more harrassed these days than he ever did at Ewood? tongue.gif

He can't fall back on the lame "We're only a small club, survival is the aim" excuse any more roversmum. He's expected to actually win things now.

I expect his hard line approach to work for a few months then his (and his coaching set up's) lack of tactical nous to unravel any good footballing habits the Newcastle squad currently possess.

He's fallen out with Bellamy already, he's had words with Dyer after KD was caught urinating in the street in Newcastle (has that bloke got dung for brains or what?) and I can't remember who else, oh Robert for being dropped.

The NUFC soap opera rolls on ... better than EastEnders.

There'll be an eruption soon no doubt. Also can't wait to see who he wastes his money on in January! laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.