Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poor Old Souness, players bite back

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been a fan of Souness.

Oooh..........pants on fire.

Not even when he got us promoted and then took us to Cardiff and we won?

You're a hard person to please.

I see lady luck wasnt at St JAmes Park again on Sunday and that the mancs cheated by getting themselves another deabetable penalty !

Maybe souness will realise that it might be his team selection that sucks.

imagine, he spent all that last 18 months looking for a left sided midfielder/attacker, he inherits one in robert and what dows he do ? plays him on the bench !

How dumb can one get biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Souness press comments today about life at Newcaslte so far and playing players out of position (for those who care...)- from PA News.

“I realise this was the only big club open to me to manage.

“I had half a chance at Chelsea before Jose Mourinho arrived, Arsene Wenger can stay at Arsenal for as long as he wants, I couldn’t go back to Anfield and as a former Liverpool manager I was never going to get the job at Manchester United.”

Your job is, will question if certain players are playing in the right position.

“I would suggest in the last four games that maybe I’ve learnt something I wasn’t learning before because when you’re winning, you’re so reluctant to change anything, aren’t you?

Edited by John

Apparantly Souness is looking at Boumsong at Rangers and John O'Shea (who I rate highly and always did since I first saw his earliest games for Man. Utd).

Apparantly Souness made enquiries and kept constant interest in O'Shea when in charge here. Do you think there is any truth in this?

Also, why didn't he ever go for Boumsong at the start of the season for us? I mean he was available on a free.... Hmmm maybe he did who knows... I'm just still sick in the stomach that he thought Dominic Matteo was the key to solving the creaky backline mad.gif

OBSESSED WITH SEEING SOUNESS FAIL......

SAD,SAD PEOPLE, YOU JUST CANT LET GO CAN YOU!

Well said.

No matter how badly he messed the squad up, I really don't care about him anymore.

Whether he does well at Newcastle is up to him and how he decides to manage them, if he does differently. I'll give him till December '05 at the latest before he's out of a job again.

But anyway, the only time I really want him to fail is against us on Boxing Day at Ewood.

In Newcastle last weekend one of the local papers Aboards had the big headline. LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU DID TO US WHAT YOU DID TO BLACKBURN.

He has asked the Newcastle fans to have faith in him and give him until the end of next season to judge as it's to soon, obviously after getting them in the bottom half of the league at the end of the season and seeing what he did to us, they will have to wait another season to see if he has improved.

In Newcastle last weekend one of the local papers Aboards had the big headline.  LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU DID TO US WHAT YOU DID TO BLACKBURN.

Really ?

I should think the editor has been sacked by now then.

I feel almost reluctant to back up SG194s point because so many people have me down as a Souness supporter and therefore my opinions are devalued.

But the people who are constantly slagging off Souness are nothing short of pathetic.

Now he's deserted Rovers for what he perceives to be a bigger club, I could not wish more ill on the man. I hope Newcastle fleurk up on all fronts.

But to devalue the Souness years at Rovers is ridiculous. The Cup win in Cardiff will probably remain - on paper - his major achievement at the club.

I think that promotion was more important, and the way Rovers approached and executed the two games against Burnley showed that the man at the helm was totally in touch with those immensely pressured situations.

fleurk Newcastle. And fleurk Souness now he's there. The irony of the headline posted by MrsJansen is that Souness took us to a trophy, so

LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU DID TO US WHAT YOU DID TO BLACKBURN
is just not the best line of attack if you want to diss Souness. Edited by Tris

In Newcastle last weekend one of the local papers Aboards had the big headline.   LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU DID TO US WHAT YOU DID TO BLACKBURN.

Really ?

Really ?

So victory away to poxy Palace makes him a wonderful manager ?

I'd have thought that in the medium term the headline was spot-on.

The Newcastle press are like the Scots: supporters with typewriters. They won't suffer a fool like Souness for long.

In Newcastle last weekend one of the local papers Aboards had the big headline.   LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU DID TO US WHAT YOU DID TO BLACKBURN.

Really ?

Really ?

So victory away to poxy Palace makes him a wonderful manager ?

I'd have thought that in the medium term the headline was spot-on.

The Newcastle press are like the Scots: supporters with typewriters. They won't suffer a fool like Souness for long.

I was referring to the grammar rather than the content Jim

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.