SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 V 4 Middlesbrough review

Ozz

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they said Fergie was definitely out injured for Wednesday on Sportscene last night. Then again I was quite ###### when I was watching it so maybe they were talking about someone else.

Perhaps Emo and Neill will be able to get back early as they are about 4-1 up from the away leg.

Well last season, it was a boxing day clash, thus increasing the amount of away fans around 4,000ish? This yr i would expect around 3,000 from boro (they have an initial 1,800 with 1,200 extra if needed) which is a decent support considering their size of town. Id expect around 21k overall and a draw, 1-1 i reckon. Emerton for us, dont care for them!

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Of course for our visit Hasselbaink and Viduka return to the Boro squad!

Anyway, in my opinion we are going to rely on our midfield winning their battles in our matches until we see a change of personnel which cannot happen until January. We will almost always concede and are not prolific enough up front so much emphasis goes on our midfielders winning the battle.

It's happened before. Oh no - a few of them had "the sniffles" that was it.

We'll win. It'll be close. 2-1. Stead and The New Brett Emerton for us. JFK for them with a typical thunderbolt of a strike. 21,101. Cold, wet and windy first half, light drizzle (oh yes) in the second. No standing. No singing. No flags. No bar staff. Standing in the Darwen End compulsory. "One more (bleeding) time" on the tannoy.

I'll not be far off with that lot.

It's happened before. Oh no - a few of them had "the sniffles" that was it.

We'll win. It'll be close. 2-1. Stead and The New Brett Emerton for us. JFK for them with a typical thunderbolt of a strike. 21,101. Cold, wet and windy first half, light drizzle (oh yes) in the second. No standing. No singing. No flags. No bar staff. Standing in the Darwen End compulsory. "One more (bleeding) time" on the tannoy.

I'll not be far off with that lot.

You forgot the drummers.

sad.gif

Don't they stand up? I think you'll find we've seen the last of them.

Bobf - is this just of the cuff or some element of truth??

Please let it be rolleyes.gif

There should be a public holiday if this is confirmed.

They are a main reason why there is such little variety in the songs sung because that idiot Boland starts them all off.

Without them we can get back to varied, original and humourous songs!!!

tinykit.gifcool.gif

No, I made that up. Sorry. (I mean, someone made the point that the chances of a fan having their eye poked out by a fan stood up clapping are greatly increased. What about someone with a ruddy drumstick!! Think of the children someone please!! It's only funny until someone get's hurt (and then it's just hilarious))

However, just 'cause there are 4,000 people in the Darwen End and 2 or 3 drummers stood up in the BBE don't think for a minute that your allowed to stand up as well Capt. As that would be wrong and dangerous. So don't do it.

Only seen Boro a few times this season and I think they have looked pretty steady at the back and quite good going forward. Add to that our walking wounded and exhausted from international duties and I don't see us getting much from this one. Sorry.

daviemac, I am afraid I agree with you. I always saw this as a horrible fixture when the list first came out- a desperate must win at the end of the sandwich between that run of Arsenal, Manu Newcastle games and the Chelsea, Liverpool duo with every prospect the other "easier" games in the sandwich wouldn't yield much.

Boro on paper have the most improved squad in the Prem from this summer's transfer activities yet they have not been producing the goods on the pitch. They will see the visit to Ewood as a must win to get their season finally moving and to be honest, this looked a possible home defeat for the Rovers even if we were doing well.

The good news is that Boro seem to conceed one goal in every game they play. The bad news is they hardly ever conceed more than one goal. The even worse news is that regardless of recoveries from injuries, our defence will find it impossible to keep Boro to a nil score line.

So 1-2 and our home record down the pan.

Of great interest will be whether the Rovers continue playing very attractive football and which of the many nearly playing well Rovers players actually start to play well. At the moment, we have a squad of 20 showing promise of better form but not yet delivering anywhere near consistently enough.

not at all confident about this game. I just cant see us winning it. Its important that both Emerton and Ferguson are fit . And if Andy Todd is anywhere near 100% fit, its important he plays instead of that clown Amoruso

Rovers 1-1 Boro

Emerton (76) JFH(22)

Att: 22,056

Short's back (See Here) so I suspect it will be Short and Amoruso at the back. A combination that has always looked solid on the few occasions they've played together.

After saying that, with the likes of Ferguson, Emerton, Neill and Dickov coming back from two gruelling internationals I'm struggling to see how we're going to win this one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.