BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 - 0 Rovers

den

I say we just attack attack attack and go for Chelsea - we're going to lose, we cant defend - so lets go for a 4-3-3 and kick lumps out of them. Id rather lose after trying to beat them than lose after trying not to get beat (if that makes any sense)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our team has a very workmanlike look about it.no more flair in the team other than djorkaeef.

its a shame.

I would have started with someone other than Dickov,cause he tries his hardest,but a little bit of quality that is needed is missing.

MGP hopefully will come on.

Reflection on today's line-up:

Once again Pedersen is left-out of the side, but at least he is on the bench and maybe Hughes will turn to him if we desperately need some attacking threat.... (If? lol blink.gif )

Good to see Craig Short back, hopefully he will add some stability but I bet Chelsea's attackers are rubbing their hands at the prospect of challenging Short & Matteo.

Are we to assume Emerton is on the left? Or is it Reid this time?

What does this say about Jansen.He played 2-3 games with Hughes starting in two of them,but hasnt appeared in the last two,including this which he isnt even on the bench.I think that signals that Hughes thinks Matt isnt up to this level at the moment and maybe for the future.

Emerton on the left? The guy's only just come to terms playing in his 'favoured position' and now he's being asked to play an unfamiliar role.

One of Steven Reid's better games for us was last season against Chelsea so hopefully he can repeat that.

Edited by rover6

To be honest say we fought hard today and got a 0-0 result. Hughes might of kept faith with these line-up for other games... Which we do NOT want.

Emerton on the left is baffling when we have De Pedro & Pedersen waiting in the wings.

Matteo is consistently bad and Short deserves a better partner in defence.

Dickov up-front on his own is just not worth bothering with...

De Pedro will not get a game for us.

His game is not suited at all to the Prem and is a player who has been over-rated his whole career.

Would give MGP a chance though- or Reid on the left. I would like to know why Emerton has been moved escpecially where when he was playing so well at right midfield.

Lack of attacking threat due to having one up front and no one in the box when we have the ball in forward areas.

Edited by John

The players have no bottle. We got one down which is fair enough but to let another in seconds later is a joke.

We have no players players at all up for the fight. And can mark Hughes really do a souness and make them give 100% when we really really do need it. If we had appointed George Graham(as I and simon garner said) i bet we would be fighting all the way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.