SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 - 0 Rovers

den

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered how long it would be until people started doubting and wishing we had appointed someone else.

Doesn't take alot, blame souness. Hardly hughes fault, has to work with a very poor defense and low team spirit. He has brought us on alot if souness had still been in charge we could have been looking at 5-0 instead of 3-0.

Hoping for wes brown and dan gabbidon.

Breaks open the vodka, its going to be a long season! especially without a penalty! blink.gif

I wondered how long it would be until people started doubting and wishing we had appointed someone else.

I'm already doing it, not because of the results because these are still mostly down to the fact that Souey left a crap squad...it's because of Hughes' terrible team selection and his obsession with playing midfielders out of position (something he did a lot with Wales).

We have the worst attack in the league with Dickov and Djorkaeff supporting, even Crystal Palace and Norwich have a more threatening attack. I can't be bothered even starting a rant about Emerton, it's just stupid. You would have thought being the type of striker he was, Hughes would have appreciated midfielders on the right side so that they could cross the ball.

jim for a person who wanted souness out for over one season now,you are too quick to jump on mark hughes back,you wanted souness out,this is what you get,you cant ask for a change so soon after.

nobody expected an immediate impact,it will take time.the point is how long.

Doesn't take alot, blame souness. Hardly hughes fault, has to work with a very poor defense and low team spirit. He has brought us on alot if souness had still been in charge we could have been looking at 5-0 instead of 3-0.

Hoping for wes brown and dan gabbidon.

Breaks open the vodka, its going to be a long season! especially without a penalty! blink.gif

Rubbish! We would never have lost without a fight under souness. When have we ever lost by 3 or more under souness. Probabaly about twice.

You can hope for new players in january but why would they wanna join a team bottom of the league looking set to go down. Wes Brown is really gunna wanna swap champions league football for fizzy pop league footie aint he.

Next is liverpool at home, maybe we can score 1 goal and only let in 4. Then Norwich and man city away. We'll be 10pts a drift of safety by january

I do not understand guys- were you expecting to win.

We are playing a much more powerful Chelsea team this season. We can look into it all we want but a lot of the problems were here before Hughes- like defence, lack of real quality striker.

Give him a break, he is an intelligent guy and things will improve in time.

I'm already doing it, not because of the results because these are still mostly down to the fact that Souey left a crap squad...it's because of Hughes' terrible team selection and his obsession with playing midfielders out of position (something he did a lot with Wales).

We have the worst attack in the league with Dickov and Djorkaeff supporting, even Crystal Palace and Norwich have a more threatening attack. I can't be bothered even starting a rant about Emerton, it's just stupid. You would have thought being the type of striker he was, Hughes would have appreciated midfielders on the right side so that they could cross the ball.

You just know you're going to get slated for wanting Hughes out so early but I do appreciate what you are saying. Brett Emerton was just starting to show some confidence down the right, now he is drafted out to the left and being as ineffective as everyone else. Granted this is Chelsea we are playing who have quality throughout but it was also apparant against 'Boro. The defence crumbles so easily, Matteo and Amoruso are just pathetically poor, Short isn't getting any younger.

Faith in Lucas Neill is only placed because a few seasons ago he was one of the full-backs of the year but he has been under-performing majorly and we need someone to give him proper competition so he gets a kick up the @ss.

Dickov up-front on his own is just ridiculous, the guy works hard but how on Earth is he ever going to prove any real threat to the likes of Terry & Carvalho without any proper support.

Flitcroft is just past-it and needs to offloaded a.s.a.p. along with Tugay, Pedersen and De Pedro ARE our left-sided midfielders yet neither gets a look it at all. Seems we're having the old 'left-midfielder' problem once again, only difference is this season we actually have one available to us... Well two...

Greggyk, did you expect Hughes to come in and transform us into a top 6 side just like that. Did you expect him to know instantly what the best team we have is? Perhaps you should have applied for the job if Hughes is that bad.

Also did people expect to go to Chelsea and get a result? They are the 2nd best team in the Premiership and are destroying whoever they come up against in Europe. Get a grip!

Edited by sumps

of course we are all hopeful of improvement.

but had we not dropped too many points against WBA,Southampton,Charlton and Villa this season,and Man Utd then we wouldnt be so dispirited right now.its all piling up and we cant seem to get a goal from anywhere.

We have lost too many games by big scores lately,as soon as we go down the game is over for us.

Dickov and Bothroyd on for Stead and Djorkaeff. Would like to see MGP get the last 15 min, but it doesn't look good.

Hughes seems to have a mental block when it comes to MGP. Why have him on the bench if you don't want to use him? I just despair at this 'management'.

Greggyk, did you expect Hughes to come in and transform us into a top 6 side just like that. Did you expect him to know instantly what the best team we have is? Perhaps you should have applied for the job if Hughes is that bad.

No, but i didnt expect us to get worse!!!

Or to show no bottle or pride.

Of course he will be given time, but how long will it be before his time is up

• Backroom

Is there a fixture in the premiership any of us can feel confident we'll get any points from?

We don't have a team that can seriously compete in the premiership.

Friedel - Great goalkeeper, but he can't save our whole season by himself.

Gray - Perhaps he'd shine brighter if he had a few good players around him, but is too slow to take a grip on the game, or even his side of the pitch.

Short - Too old. I'm sorry, but Craig Short will struggle against any attacker you put up against him. He's not premiership class anymore.

Matteo - Not premiership standard. Was in a relegated side for a reason: wasn't good enough.

Amoruso - Slow, old, useless. Yes, he has passion, yes, he's determined, but without the ability it's all going to go to waste.

Lucas Neill - We all know he's terrible... but who else is there to fill his position efficiently?

Johansson - He perhaps has potential but right now we need ability, and it's not likely he has enough, or he would have been picked above the other defenders, or at least given a fair shot.

Gresko - Undecided. He doesn't seem to be the type of player who can control his section of the pitch, he doesn't stand out, nor am I confident in his defensive abilities against any above average player.

Todd - What happened to him? Doesn't matter. He's not good enough to stabilize our season.

McEvely - Unproven. Too young to depend on for defensive stability.

Brett Emerton - What a disappointment. He needs a serious kick up the arse or a plane ticket home. He's had a whole season to adjust, how much more time can we give him?

Tugay - Far too old. Passing is getting worse with age. Doesn't contribute enough to a game.

Barry Ferguson - Has been injured for a long time, so is perhaps somewhat an exception, but he has not shown the kind of class we were expecting. Doesn't stand out often enough as our star man.

Steven Reid - Send him back to The Championship, or just buy him a hospital bed. No good for us right now.

David Thompson - Hell of a player when he's on form and fit, unfortunetely the latter is extremely rare.

Douglas - Judging from last year, probably not ready for the premiership yet. Perhaps he will be one day, but right now he's betetr suited for lower divison football.

Garry Flitcroft - I will be honest and say this is one player I never rated and still don't. I don't like his dirty style of play, the way he passes or the way he maneuvers the game. He wouldn't be in any of my teams.

De Pedro - Hasn't really been given a chance, but seems out of his depth.

Matt Jansen - Played up front, could be a glint of hope. Played on the left, absolutely ineffective.

Jon Stead - I was apprehensive about us signing him, and it appears this season he's having consistancy problems. Hasn't scored yet. Not confident about his progress.

Dickov - Yes, he works hard. Yes, he's determined. Is he a class striker? I don't think so. Playing him up front on his own? Complete and utter madness. We'll never score that way. Many said when we bought him "He can't be a first team regular". Well he is.

Gally - Another slight glimmer of hope, but I don't think we should place too much hope on him transforming our offensive troubles. He's young and hasn't really had much premiership experience.

Jay Bothroyd - Haven't seen much of him, but doesn't appear to be adding any creative spark into our team.

This is not me being negative for the sake of it, not is it triggered from the beating we're getting at Stamford Bridge. This is simply pointing out some very obvious facts that have been shown over the season so far. It's hard to be optimistic when you're looking at these players to try and keep us in the premiership. Sparky has plenty of work to do, and desperately needs to do something in January, but I fear by then, if we don't find another gear, it'll be too late...

if I've missed any players out, I'm really too depressed to name them. I'm sure it'd be hard to find something positive to say about them anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.