BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Out

Flopsy

Newcastle, Tottenham and even Liverpool spend millions and millions every year just to stay were they are...yet we improve every year under Hughes with pocket money..The Premier relegation minileague and the Champions League promotion chasers must look on us with envy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please post a copy on of that 5 year transfer dealings on the Niko thread (i crap at posing links and photos etc), just to remind everybody on this thread about what Hughes has done for the club and the shoestring he has done it on!

Your point was this "So he has to make to with trialist,loans and freebies and hope that they are any good."

You put McCarthy and Rocky into that catageory then, fair enough. Why did you laugh at Rocky?

I laughed at roque well coz it was funny as Rocky(the way u have it down) Balboa was also down and out and never gave up blah blah blah,came back and performed miracles.so hopefully Benni can become Rocky….aah well u know what I mean,and im just pulling your leg mate.having a bit of fun,so don’t take it the wrong way.

Wait I think this is the reason why I got banned for life on the official rovers message board.lol

The title of this thread is now a bit misleading. No-one is calling for Hughes Out or questioning what an outstanding job he has done since he arrived. Some people are asking why we've gone from playing like outside bets for the top 4 to playing like stiffs in the space of 7 weeks. Hughes has to shoulder a lot of the responsibility for that.

Edited by Hasta

The title of this thread is now a bit misleading. No-one is calling for Hughes Out or questioning what an outstanding job he has done since he arrived. Some people are asking why we've gone from playing like outside bets for the top 4 to playing like stiffs in the space of 7 weeks. Hughes has to shoulder a lot of the responsibility for that.

Yes he has been thrown some curve balls of late but I am sure we are all in agreement that he will fix this all up. Hopefull that he will have some cash now and fix our midfield and then on to better things.

Newcastle, Tottenham and even Liverpool spend millions and millions every year just to stay were they are...yet we improve every year under Hughes with pocket money..The Premier relegation minileague and the Champions League promotion chasers must look on us with envy

We're not exaclty the only club to be midtable or slightly above who haven't spent absolute billions on players.

• 2 weeks later...
:rover: after the last weeks goings on,i for one am resigned to the fact that we will lose sparky to the 1st club that is allowed to speak to him.i have no doubt he wants the utd job,and maybe he has been informed by his contacts that he has to manage a bigger club than us to be considered for the utd job :brfcsmilie:

Well, the only thing that works in our favour in that respect is that I don't see many jobs becoming available soon. Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs have recently changed managers. Arsenal and United have no reason to, unless one of them retires. Villa, City, Everton and Portsmouth will all be very happy with who they have at the moment. The only real threat is Liverpool, but I can't see them going for Hughes even if, more likely when, Benitez goes.

Well, the only thing that works in our favour in that respect is that I don't see many jobs becoming available soon. Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs have recently changed managers. Arsenal and United have no reason to, unless one of them retires. Villa, City, Everton and Portsmouth will all be very happy with who they have at the moment. The only real threat is Liverpool, but I can't see them going for Hughes even if, more likely when, Benitez goes.

True Eddie. The idea of Hughes to Liverpool is as laughable as Hughes to City was in the summer. As an ex-Utd star he'd get the crowd on his back in no time.

Newcastle will be looking for a new manager this summer.

Why? They have only just appointed one and Ashley will make sure that, this time, as the manager is his man he will give him his backing.

Keegan has been a good manager overall if you ignore England...excellent for both Newcastle and Fulham while not bad for City as he got them up and made them into a (not very good admittedly) mid-table outfit.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

not bad for City as he got them up and made them into a (not very good admittedly) mid-table outfit.

City fan at work said just that, and that they were grateful for him establshing them in the prem rather than being a yoyo club.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.