BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Lots of mixed messaging at the minute. One article implies 2 more signings earlier last week but then the latest interview with Mowbray indicated “a few before the deadline and a couple before the loan deadline”. That sounds like 5 additions including Palmer to me. I don’t understand an earlier comment that the way Mowbray is speaking means we won’t fill the positions we need, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Edited by JeffRover

37 minutes ago, Butty said:

Prixon says Nmecha off to Swansea. If true then it's a shame as I think he'll do well this season, talented kid. Saying that though it is Nixon, and he did say we were in pole position to get Kent before he went to Rangers.

Cant say im that bothered tbh.

Rather get Armstrong personally.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant say id be concerned even if it was true. So raw and untested.

Swansea going for players like Nmecha, Celina and McKay dont scream of promotion to me.

I would take McKay. Similar to Chapman but he has experience in Championship last season. 26 games 5 goals 7 assists..500k is a bargain. Shame we didnt try earlier. Just the type of winger we want. 

Still at least 3 players need. 1 striker, 1 winger and centre back.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant say im that bothered tbh.

Rather get Armstrong personally.

I would take McKay. Similar to Chapman but he has experience in Championship last season. 26 games 5 goals 7 assists..500k is a bargain. Shame we didnt try earlier. Just the type of winger we want. 

Still at least 3 players need. 1 striker, 1 winger and centre back.

You keep mentioning McKay, dont you think you should trust Mowbray :lol:

In all seriousness, he would have been a good signing for us, worth a gamble, good stats, but we arent in the same market as Swansea are.

Theyve got parachute payments, they are one of the favourites to go back up, they are about to sell Mawson for 20m, they are about to spend 4m on Celina, yet they are signing City players who havent played senior football and Forest cast offs for pittance. Hardly a club that is desperate to get back.

• Like 2

I think I must be the only person not overly fussed about Adam Armstrong. He was a key part of us getting promoted last year but massively blew hot and cold. Not sure how he'd handle the step up. Couple of others have said it but Chapman is a far superior player. Just a risk with injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We’ve just signed a player who’s probably better than our best player pal - cheer up! 

No, we’ve loaned one. Let’s see how he gets on when he kicks a ball for us.

A bit early to start saying he’s better than Corry Evans.

4 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think I must be the only person not overly fussed about Adam Armstrong. He was a key part of us getting promoted last year but massively blew hot and cold. Not sure how he'd handle the step up. Couple of others have said it but Chapman is a far superior player. Just a risk with injuries.

Think thats a bit harsh, he scored 9 in 21 from the wing, and linked perfectly in tandem with Graham and Dack. Did far more than Chapman, albeit he got far more game time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

It was last season Armstrong was playing for Bolton in the championship on the left and struggled before coming to us. Albeit, he performed well for us on the left I still think he's at his best up front. He was at his best running in behind as a striker and using his pace. If we do bring him back play him up top or don't start him. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Think thats a bit harsh, he scored 9 in 21 from the wing, and linked perfectly in tandem with Graham and Dack. Did far more than Chapman, albeit he got far more game time.

Agree with you. He’s a real threat in my opinion. He’s a good finisher and adds a different dimension to us. I’d love to have him back. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If the choice was a fit Armstrong or a fit Chapman I'd go for Chapman. It's the fitness issue that's the problem. I can see him being the sort of player that misses as many games as he plays as he gets older.

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In all seriousness, he would have been a good signing for us, worth a gamble, good stats, but we arent in the same market as Swansea are.

Theyve got parachute payments, they are one of the favourites to go back up, they are about to sell Mawson for 20m, they are about to spend 4m on Celina, yet they are signing City players who havent played senior football and Forest cast offs for pittance. Hardly a club that is desperate to get back.

Sensible signings though that we'd be happy with.  Expect that they will be around the top 4.

29 minutes ago, pomster said:

I think that’s then gone this time. 

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Swansea have a board intent on asset stripping the club. Apparently one of their Yank owners has taken money out of the club, to build a stadium back home, for another club he’s involved in. 

39 minutes ago, Swanson said:

It looks like a transfer ban for Birmingham as well..

Good news. 

Monk will have his work cut out to keep them up. Tough job. 

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just think McKay is a steal at 500k. Tricky, pacey and knows this league. Hardly a cast off. His stats were good last season. All change when Karanka came in. 

Looking forward to see who we sign now

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Except he's not 'our' player.

He’s going to be playing for us this season. So other than resale value, what’s the difference? More importantly, IF we were actually looking to purchase him he would be far too expensive. So isn’t loaning him actually an amazing option? We’re getting the services of someone who’s arguably better than Dack for a fraction of what he’s worth....how can anyone find a negative in that? ??‍♂️