BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

Can we keep on topic please to make this topic more easily readable in the future. Posting Guidelines, Irrelevant posts will be removed.

Can we try to get back to creating separate topics for discussions. Unless that happens, then the current problems of readability will still continue.

Any unnecessary quotes will be removed. Please edit longer quotes to just the bit you are referring to in your post.

BRFC posts only, talk around current gossip, but any discussions MUST be on relevant threads.

One Liners and/or requests for updates will be removed.

Persistent offending WILL result in action according to posting guidelines.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about immediate deletion of repeat questions? Some of our newer friends seem to like clicking on the thread and asking a question that was asked and has been discussed for the preceeding 5 pages, rather than bothering to read back.

That would cut A LOT of the clutter out. Not to mention discourage some of the more irritating n00bs.

How about immediate deletion of repeat questions? Some of our newer friends seem to like clicking on the thread and asking a question that was asked and has been discussed for the preceeding 5 pages, rather than bothering to read back.

That would cut A LOT of the clutter out. Not to mention discourage some of the more irritating n00bs.

Yep, that seems fair.

Question for Nicko: has your inside track to events at Ewood been derailed by the total regime change?

Surprised I heard no Scottish brogue grilling the new man at his press conference, and Castillo's ejection seemed to be news to you.

What's normally the best approach in such circumstances: brief favourably to prove ones loyalty, or brief negatively to demonstrate that having a journo inside the tent p!ssing out is preferable to the converse?

Just wondered.

Why couldnt Bentley just be sensible about the whole situation, he's still young he's got plenty of time to wait for the perfect move to come up. Now he just looks a complete arserod. Cant wait to get shut of him.

How about not having any questions at all. Just wait for the white smoke about 11.00 o Clock.

That would make some sense, but on the other hand if there is some idle gossip then this is probably a better place to discuss things. The merits of individual players, managers, or takeover bidders however need to be on their more relevant threads.

Question for Nicko: has your inside track to events at Ewood been derailed by the total regime change?

Surprised I heard no Scottish brogue grilling the new man at his press conference, and Castillo's ejection seemed to be news to you.

What's normally the best approach in such circumstances: brief favourably to prove ones loyalty, or brief negatively to demonstrate that having a journo inside the tent p!ssing out is preferable to the converse?

Just wondered.

Eh?

Fowler...Castillo...Villanueva...Friedel...Robinson...Osorio...Ochs...

Am I slipping?

Keep wishing.

Doesn't Pineapple Head automatically get a work permit because he has played for Chile however many times? (12)

Also, just noticed that his wikipedia now states:

"On July 17, 2008, it was confirmed by his agent and former club that Carlos Villanueva will play for the Premiership team, Blackburn Rovers. The Premier League side agreed to the deal. Carlos agreed to the deal rather quickly as it was a chance to link up again with his international friend Roque Santa Cruz who moved a year previously from Germany. Carlos hopes to have the same kind of impact as his new team mate has had in the league."

You mean like asking a question that T4E has asked 5 mins earlier? Yeah good idea!

Apologies Chris, but please allow me to be the first to say-

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

QUOTE (Ste B @ Jul 28 2008, 20:11 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would make some sense, but on the other hand if there is some idle gossip then this is probably a better place to discuss things. The merits of individual players, managers, or takeover bidders however need to be on their more relevant threads.

I think the sticky is along the right lines - maybe two nicko threads: one for "breaking news" and 11 o clock updates with no discussion allowed, and a second "Ask Nicko" type thread?

Nicko, is there in truth in the story in the Manchester Evening News that Eric Steele is about to be appointed the goalkeeping coach at Manchester United - just two weeks into his new job with Rovers?

As Steele and Robinson appear quite close this is something of a surprise as I would have thought that Steele had some influence on Robinson coming to Blackburn.

Is this the reason why were are chasing Bobby Mimms? Have you heard any rumours about Mimms or even Tim Flowers being invited back?

The MEN also reports an interview with Chris Ronnie in which he has formally announced that he has no further interest in taking over Blackburn Rovers. He states that his own business interests are going to occupy him full time. I suspect that this means that there are now no potential bidders in play unless you know differently.

Nicko, is there in truth in the story in the Manchester Evening News that Eric Steele is about to be appointed the goalkeeping coach at Manchester United - just two weeks into his new job with Rovers?

As Steele and Robinson appear quite close this is something of a surprise as I would have thought that Steele had some influence on Robinson coming to Blackburn.

Is this the reason why were are chasing Bobby Mimms? Have you heard any rumours about Mimms or even Tim Flowers being invited back?

The MEN also reports an interview with Chris Ronnie in which he has formally announced that he has no further interest in taking over Blackburn Rovers. He states that his own business interests are going to occupy him full time. I suspect that this means that there are now no potential bidders in play unless you know differently.

I knew about the Man U interest in Steele, but I didn't think it had gone official - yet. That does explain the ongoing interest in Bobby Mimms.

Chris Ronnie is out of the takeover running. That leaves Mr Chowdery and the 'mystery Americans.'

Any truth in a couple of moves that could be alternatives to Warnock and Santa Cruz?

Newcastle linked with Inter Left Back Nicolas Burdisso?

Man Utd have lodged a bid for David Villa?

Warnock still alive - maybe Burdisso is the alternative. However he is just as expensive - and you can't swap Damien Duff for him... ;)

Man U and Villa? Maybe, but it sounds like a wind-up to get Berbatov.

Nicko,

Per Ciljan Skjelbred?

Do you know anything?

I think it is Norwegian wishful thinking.

Doesn't Pineapple Head automatically get a work permit because he has played for Chile however many times? (12)

Also, just noticed that his wikipedia now states:

"On July 17, 2008, it was confirmed by his agent and former club that Carlos Villanueva will play for the Premiership team, Blackburn Rovers. The Premier League side agreed to the deal. Carlos agreed to the deal rather quickly as it was a chance to link up again with his international friend Roque Santa Cruz who moved a year previously from Germany. Carlos hopes to have the same kind of impact as his new team mate has had in the league."

Sorry mate the wiki although good for info is so often Wrong take a look at Gerd Mullers page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerd_M%C3%BCller

I do remember him saying he would play with Roque but that was all.

Warnock still alive - maybe Burdisso is the alternative. However he is just as expensive - and you can't swap Damien Duff for him... ;)

Hah. Why would we want Duff anyway? Swap our first choice left-back for a winger who's seen better days, leaving us with another position to fill or gambling on an unproven understudy? It just doesn't ring true.

Archived