BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Flag

As you may have seen from the Fans Forum thread, in response to fans' requests, the club have agreed to buy a new 18m x 18m lightweight flag to roll out over the Blackburn End on match days. The club will pay for it and store it but it won't happen unless we can find some volunteers to help with rolling it out and back in again. If you sit in the Blackburn End Lower and are interested in helping out on a match day please let me know. The sooner we can get some volunteers the sooner we can get the flag made and used.

Good on ya.

You know you will have to change your MB name now to the Flagman :D

I might. Could do with a few flagmen to help out though, so I don't have to miss the entire first half trying to stuff an enormous flag into a pencil case. How are we going to do this?

I don't want to look like a knob, stood there with my flag and no friends. I'm not a linesman for God's sake.

I might. Could do with a few flagmen to help out though, so I don't have to miss the entire first half trying to stuff an enormous flag into a pencil case. How are we going to do this?

I don't want to look like a knob, stood there with my flag and no friends. I'm not a linesman for God's sake.

Not wishing to add to your problems.

Can someone clarify the size of the flag. It is stated is 18 mtr sq,are you sure this is rite. If it is, then thats approx. 4.25 x 4.25mtr or 14' x 14'

It will look like a postage stamp on a A4 envelope.

Still I suppose it's better than nothing.

Not wishing to add to your problems.

Can someone clarify the size of the flag. It is stated is 18 mtr sq,are you sure this is rite. If it is, then thats approx. 4.25 x 4.25mtr or 14' x 14'

It will look like a postage stamp on a A4 envelope.

Still I suppose it's better than nothing.

Its 18m by 18m. As stated on the opening post of the topic :P

Well done dinglebasher! :D

I'm not wishing to thrash a dead horse (although this is clearly 'en vogue' at the 'wood given our signing of Fowler) but can anyone clarify how this is actually going to work? Where do I get the flag from? Who is going to help me? Do I really have to get it into a giraffe pencil case? Can the new megasuperawesomeRoversstore not provide a Roar pencil case?

I'm as keen as anyone to bring a bit of Boca Juniors style frenzy to our home game with Fulham but I need instructions. Or are we using it tomorrow?

So many questions...

OK. So it'll be at the B'burn end tomorrow?

No. It hasn't been ordered yet. The club are willing and keen to buy one but won't do it unless they are confident there will be enough volunteers to make it happen. I don't know exactly what will be involved but my understanding is that the club will have it out ready and the volunteers will just need to arrange to rol it our and fold it back at the other end - no stuffing in a case as far as I know.

Dinglebasher - you're not alone - we have one or two more interested and we will be asking around at tomorrow's match as well. as soon as we think we have enough we will find out full details for you.

And for the avoidance of doubt it is 18 metres x 18 metres. Greg Coar said that the Blackburn End is about 20 meters high so it should just fit across.

I'm not wishing to thrash a dead horse (although this is clearly 'en vogue' at the 'wood given our signing of Fowler) but can anyone clarify how this is actually going to work? Where do I get the flag from? Who is going to help me? Do I really have to get it into a giraffe pencil case? Can the new megasuperawesomeRoversstore not provide a Roar pencil case?

I'm as keen as anyone to bring a bit of Boca Juniors style frenzy to our home game with Fulham but I need instructions. Or are we using it tomorrow?

So many questions...

If i lived quite close, i would have helped out!! ;)

I'm as keen as anyone to bring a bit of Boca Juniors style frenzy to our home game with Fulham but I need instructions.

I'm struggling with that image, can't help it's a bit optimistic for a game against Fulham

Great news for me.

I really love "Big Flag", it's wonderful, makes us happy... great to see, and more, under the big flag that is very enjoyable entertainment.

Photos ;

under the big falg(it's really big. size is 15m x 100m)

http://dillo.sblo.jp/article/13632532.html

http://dillo.sblo.jp/article/15041740.html

Photos ;

vew from above

http://dillo-h.com/armadillo/journal/jpict/0709p/0709262.jpg

Whereabouts are you sat?

If i`m close enough i will give you a lift but i can only do it for league games as i work nights (if league match is midweek i have to book the night off as a holiday but i only get 4 flexi-days a year to use :( ).

Anything to try and create an atmosphere on Ewood.....you could have heard a pin drop in the B/burn end today.

Presumably all those who complain the drummer ruined the atmosphere and songs were doing something else yesterday? They certainly were not singing.

Presumably all those who complain the drummer ruined the atmosphere and songs were doing something else yesterday? They certainly were not singing.

With all due respect I don't think there was much to sing about yesterday. I'm sure that had we pulled one back in the second half and continued in the manner of the 1st half there would have been a cracking atmosphere. It will take time to be weaned off the drummer and knee-jerk reactions to a lack of atmosphere, two home games in, don't help.

Archived