BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Site Updates

Ste B

The new server is installed.

At some point very soon the database will be moved. This will alleviate any performance issues.

Then the rest of the site will follow.

I dont have any more specific dates as yet.

Once its all done, we'll start turning features back on, replying to mails and allowing new registrations

QUOTE (Ste B @ Jan 26 2009, 23:24 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new server is installed.

At some point very soon the database will be moved. This will alleviate any performance issues.

Then the rest of the site will follow.

I dont have any more specific dates as yet.

Once its all done, we'll start turning features back on, replying to mails and allowing new registrations

Thanks for what all you administrators etc are doing - keep up the tremendous work you are doing for this site and for the supporters of Blackburn Rovers FC. :brfcsmilie::rover:

Any ideas what time the move is tonight? Will it mean the board is closed all night basically?

In all honesty, I don't know.

Our host is doing this for us. If we were to do it, the board would be down for a hell of a lot longer.

QUOTE (Ste B @ Jan 31 2009, 10:06 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In all honesty, I don't know.

Our host is doing this for us. If we were to do it, the board would be down for a hell of a lot longer.

I'm confused, has the 1st move already been made? You said the 1st move was to be made yesterday night, or, did you mean tonight?

Thanks

I'm confused, has the 1st move already been made? You said the 1st move was to be made yesterday night, or, did you mean tonight?

Thanks

And if it's been made, can you turn on the little red boxes again, please. Getting RSI from all this scrolling........

And if it's been made, can you turn on the little red boxes again, please. Getting RSI from all this scrolling........

Me too! although if you use firefox there is a neat add-on that extends the page you are on to the next page! Its called auto pager

The move was made sometime yesterday afternoon. Its likely that this affected the site at the time.

I've attempted to reenable all the old functionality.

A further move of all the non messageboard components will be made soon, but we hope to make this seamless.

QUOTE (Ste B @ Feb 1 2009, 14:51 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The move was made sometime yesterday afternoon. Its likely that this affected the site at the time.

I've attempted to reenable all the old functionality.

A further move of all the non messageboard components will be made soon, but we hope to make this seamless.

Would it be possible to have the other forums open again? Specifically the ICBINF forum.

Thanks.

Archived