• Tony Parkes
    • Howard Kendal
    • Stuart Metcalfe
    • Jimmy forrest
    • Simon Barker
    • Eddie Latheron
    • Harry Healess
    • Eddie Quigley

I think a few people need to calm down and take Jim's comments in a bit more of a light hearted way as well.

Forrest ahead by one vote at the moment, great stuff.

As far as I'm concerned there should only be a run off if the two players are equal, and then only between the two. If one of them wins, even by just one vote, he should get in. A revote in that case would just lead to allegations of wanting the player that just lost out in the team.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching up on this again. Some of Jim's comments border on the ridiculous. I'm in agreement with him on the "no way Sherwood" protest, but his constant harping back to the good old days wears me out. What put me over the top is his stance that Fred Pickering would give Shearer a run for his money.

Jim, as usual, is on the windup most of the time. For some reason he likes to gain attention by riling other members of this board. No idea why...maybe his parents didn't give him enough attention as a child. Try not to take him too seriously and don't let him affect your voting just because he annoys. Let's keep this about the greatest Rovers players, not how much he is getting on your nerves. Some of his tirades are actually very funny if you just relax and don't take them too personally!

As Bryan (I think) once posted...Calm down dear, it's just a messageboard!

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Just in case there are any undecided out there:

The history books might have been written very differently about Sherwood's one season wonders if a certain Mr E Cantona had not been banned for half the season.

I doubt that one less dismissal would have made much difference to Mr J Forrest's honours.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

The history books might have been written very differently about Sherwood's one season wonders if a certain Mr E Cantona had not been banned for half the season.

It's bad enough that we have to listen to this rubbish from the United "fans" without hearing it from fellow Rovers as well. We'd have won the title whether Cantona was banned or not.

Edited by Scotty

I doubt that one less dismissal would have made much difference to Mr J Forrest's honours.

tinykit.gif   cool.gif

If Wilcox didn't do his knee against Palace we'd have been sailing. It completely put us out of stride and made us unbalanced. Cantona helped us only because Wilcox got injured. Yes, Jason Wilcox of all people. I saw more games than not that season and it definitely had a big influence on out spluttering run-in.

Forgot, I don't want Sherwood in, just want to make the anti-Cantona case.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Arguably the worst post ever to hit this messageboard.

Ignoring the pathetic Cantona comment, he won Player of the Year a couple of years later !

Why so ?

I'll wager you've never heard of Wagstaffe or Harrison, let alone see them play.

For your information, I voted for Latheron because he is the best Rovers midfield player (in modern parlance) that I have seen (better than dear old Ronnie too).

I would however be happy for Forrest, another top-class player, to be in the team. Sherwood was a good player but a pygmy in comparison with the other two.

I'll wager LeChuck has seen Wagstaffe and Harrison play at least as many times as you've seen Latheron and Forrest play. The year dot, otherwise known as 1963.

Final result:

Tim Sherwood [ 58 ] [32.22%]

David Batty [ 11 ] [6.11%]

Mark Atkins [ 14 ] [7.78%]

Tony Parkes [ 8 ] [4.44%]

Howard Kendal [ 3 ] [1.67%]

Stuart Metcalfe [ 5 ] [2.78%]

Jimmy forrest [ 59 ] [32.78%]

Simon Barker [ 4 ] [2.22%]

Eddie Latheron [ 15 ] [8.33%]

Harry Healess [ 1 ] [0.56%]

Eddie Quigley [ 2 ] [1.11%]