World Cup 2006

neekoy

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
rover.gif just applied for england tst 5 for me and junior,will have to have our fingers crossed as i can see the england quota being well over subscribed,but you have to try tinykit.gif

Aye, i've done the same thing.

I've applied for a single ticket in the TST5 category and then if we get further, I will just try and buy tickets at the grounds.

As i'm only getting one ticket, i'm more confident than someone who is probably applying for around 4 tickets or so.

If i go, it will be an amazing experience especially as I've never been abroad before on my own! smile.gif

well I am going to be there for about 10 days before the thing starts and as long as England are over there I will stay courtesy of a freebie !!!

dont need to apply for any tickets, dont need to apply for accomodation and my fares are paid for.

who's a lucky boy then ? wink.gif

just logged into our beatiful messageboard to have a little look through this thread, and there it was sat right at the top of the forum, its the little things that make u smile isnt it biggrin.gif

Anyway, I haven't applid yet, but I will be doing so tommorow night, I think i'm going to apply twice for the exact same set of 4 tickets, because it is heavily over-subscribed at the moment, and I want to make sure I've got at least some tickets before the next phase.

It still seems quite difficult to understand though, what exactly is on offer in the next 3 sales rounds?

Im just going to order the tickets for my favourite stadiums out of the bunch, and sort the travelling out later, should be fun smile.gif

So were is everyone else going to be staying? Im thinking of driving, so my hotel budget is going to minimal for the 2 week stay.

The mastercard thing is a joke, but forutnately I've managed to find one so the £500 limit should cover it.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so excited. This phase shifts a limited amount of tickets - there are two further phases which will take place later in 2005 and early in 2006. The number of tickets / follow your team passes is capped each time.

All three phases operate on a random draw process - good luck to everyone who's in the hat for tickets this time.

The whole farcical process is sanctioned by FIFA but is outside of the "official" country allocations, and in fact makes a total mockery of the entire ticketing system.

We all know that 95% of the tickets from this "lottery" which closes on Thursday will be on sale outside the relevant grounds in Germany to the people that really want them.

At a price.

But for people who can't commit 18 months in advance, buying tickets on the day is the only option, and FIFA are making it as easy as possible for the touts and the traders.

No-one will challenge it now, but when thousands of England fans rock up in Germany next summer expecting to get into games, if there's the slightest hint of a scrap it'll be "ticketless England hooligans on the ramgage" and the idiots who devised this ticketing policy will be sat in their hospitality suites sipping champagne and blaming someone else.

sad.gifsad.gif

Edited by Tris

sorry Abbey its ALL work related sad.gif

However saying that I should get to quite a few games.

Mrs G is not a happy bunny as it means most of the summer away plus before then several trips to attend seminars and liaisons etc !

expenses are poor though compared to previous years mad.gif robbing gits

cant complain chance of a life time for the second occasion !!! tinykit.gif

Waggy, do you know exactly what time tommorow the applications end? I presumed it would be midnight, but me and the lads still havent managed to get it sorted tonight so were going to have to leave it until tommorow, just want to make sure I don't miss out.

Whilst it would be the best idea to apply in this sales phase, there are still several more (albeit with significantly fewer tickets available) if you need more time to prepare etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I haven't got an email yet, but they've taken €103 out of my bank account, which by process of elimination means its a group game which we think is in Dortmund.

rover.gif buy them off you tinykit.gif

Sod off tongue.gif

Well I haven't got an email yet, but they've taken €103 out of my bank account, which by process of elimination means its a group game which we think is in Dortmund.

rover.gif buy them off you tinykit.gif

Sod off tongue.gif

What he said! biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.