BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] *Poll* Barry Ferguson

den

Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However he'd probably improve our side if he started at the moment.

Not very difficult though I guess, we have a complete lack of quality in most areas....

That said, Ferguson was class against a decent Spurs side yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
He was brilliant before he did his knee. Like so many others that injury took his game away to the extent that I'm actually pleased Rangers are getting shot.

Eck should know better, I'm surprised he's taking him.

Yeah I thought he was an absolutely quality player before that injury. Imagine going back to a time prior to that injury with a younger Tugay also in the squad. Now, snap back to reality and think of last season's CM pairing of Mokoena and Andrews...

absolutely we should have sold him, the (Please don't use that word again)ing little runt. i dont get those who say that we should have kept him. on that day against colchester ( i think) he was team captain at the time....refused to play in a game because he wanted a move back north of the border so he could have it easy (but i think it was the missus who wanted to go)...... (Please don't use that word again)ing right.

Agree that we had to sell him, as he did not want to play for us any longer. However Hughes planned to build the team around him (before he stated he wanted to leave).

In Ferguson's book, he mentions how Hughes told him to f off when he stated that he wanted to go.

• 3 years later...

Getting to his natural level now. Unbelievable to think that Tugay played in Rangers Reserves cos Ferguson was preferred over him. :rolleyes: .... but I'm bloody glad he was!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2226936/Barry-Ferguson-joins-Fleetwood-Town-loan.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Well Fleetwood is closer to Glasgow I suppose......

My goodness, just look at some of the great MB posters we have lost: Blue Phil, Billy Castell etc etc etc

Whatever happened to AESF?(anti European smiths fan) heck no one has ever explained to me what happened to Peter Cucumber who created the songs back in yester years?

Two of those were up before the Race Relations Board.

and Jan? God she was good.

Very good at supporting Celtic. Disappeared since we went into decline.

and Jan? God she was good.

Good shout ... I'd almost forgotten about her. Back in the day you would see her at most away games ... I even remember her at Llyon hobbling about on crutches. Where is she now?

Jan, Blue Phil and AESF all good and well educated posters got massive stick on here with the latter two copping for it big time on icbinf whilst imo receiving little protection from what was then heavily agenda'd moderation. I don't mind posters tooing and froing but it's a shame to lose the better ones simply as a result of permitted mob rule.

Good shout ... I'd almost forgotten about her. Back in the day you would see her at most away games ... I even remember her at Llyon hobbling about on crutches. Where is she now?

Lyon.....the good old days, got a freebie flight for that one via BA Airmiles. As for Jan I am sure she did a post some 6 months back. I wonder if she does the odd London based game.

Jan, I remember her for arranging a trip to Melbourne to include Sydney, so we could meet up.

Not many would do that. She always has my respect.

Blue Phil and ASEF, whilst I didn't always agree with their posts, they did bring some thought provoking posts to the board.

The level of debate on here is lesser for their absence.

I trust that all will return soon.

He was a good player....the injury took it's toll.....but there was a reason we spent all that money, regardless of how it all turned out in the end.

2 seasons ago at Birmingham, he made more passes than anyone else in the league.

Getting to his natural level now. Unbelievable to think that Tugay played in Rangers Reserves cos Ferguson was preferred over him. :rolleyes: .... but I'm bloody glad he was!

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Ferguson was better than Tugay at Rangers.....as well as Mikel Arteta.

He was a good player....the injury took it's toll.....but there was a reason we spent all that money, regardless of how it all turned out in the end.

2 seasons ago at Birmingham, he made more passes than anyone else in the league.

Ferguson was better than Tugay at Rangers.....as well as Mikel Arteta.

arteta and tugay where never there at the same time,

as for ferguson he can only dream of having Tugays class, must have been mentally ill as well to be homesick for Glasgow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.